PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink Dlite - current S/W version/revision

crazed 9.6
12-14-2017, 10:28 PM
Model - Dlite
SW Version - v2.7.78
SW Revision - r11553
Build Date - 10.26.2017

The Dlite took a SW Update today after about an hour of being initially connected for the first time.

New update... S/W Download v2.7.82

The new download comes automatically and you should see a small pop-up message appear notifying about the download.
Then if you go into Settings menu you will see a red colored circle indication appear beside the System icon. That indicates that a update is ready. Check your System menu and you will see the new version ready and the previous version will still be there too.

-If you then power off with the remote (Stand By will work for this), then once back on it will ask if you wanna update. This will take the DLite into a reboot, only takes a few moments. Once complete go back into System menu and check version.
-If you power off with rear switch, then the update will start after powered back up.

SW Version - v2.7.82
SW Revision - r11848
Build Date - 11.15.2017

Marley
12-14-2017, 10:49 PM
mine updated right away be for i got started on hard wire

Farmer1
12-15-2017, 02:17 AM
looks like that's what mine come with

Farmer1
12-15-2017, 02:18 AM
or may be because i only set it up last night

Marley
12-15-2017, 04:44 PM
yep this box is fine for iptv if that all you need this is a number one box it looks to me they will add things to it later but for iptv this is a keeper

crazed 9.6
12-15-2017, 06:05 PM
I have noticed in the past that some people with slow internet or wifi or stuff like that, do not get the update as fast as others with high speed.
I was using satalite internet yesterday when I initially conneted this box, so the hour it took to get the update here was prolly related to that.

veronicas
12-19-2017, 10:23 PM
I have noticed in the past that some people with slow internet or wifi or stuff like that, do not get the update as fast as others with high speed.
I was using satalite internet yesterday when I initially conneted this box, so the hour it took to get the update here was prolly related to that.

Yes as well as DNS providers. Many local/ISP DNS servers are missing things like the update servers to things like this - this was an issue with the Buzz updates as well. For people who cant get the updates, try switching DNS temporarily to Google:

8.8.4.4 , reboot, and hopefully you get the update notification shortly after.

EDIT: If you haven't changed the DNS on your router or streaming device, you're likely using ISP DNS.

Capt.Kangaroo
12-26-2017, 07:28 PM
-. Fixed Channel search bug.
-. Fixed VOD search bug. Direct number input from RCU now accepted.
-. General bug fixes and performance improvements.

crazed 9.6
01-12-2018, 06:07 PM
What has been happening here with the DLite is that everytime I turn it off and back on again, I loose the wifi connection and have to connect a hard wire to get it working again.
I beleive this has to do with the WiFi Dongle and the USB connection. Them USB devices are known for loosing communication in certain instances.

Running newest S/W Version v2.7.88

dishuser
01-12-2018, 06:24 PM
What has been happening here with the DLite is that everytime I turn it off and back on again, I loose the wifi connection and have to connect a hard wire to get it working again.
I beleive this has to do with the WiFi Dongle and the USB connection. Them USB devices are known for loosing communication in certain instances.

Running newest S/W Version v2.7.88have you tried removing and putting dongle back?

crazed 9.6
01-12-2018, 07:14 PM
have you tried removing and putting dongle back?

yea, tried few ways.Funny thing is thou that I insert a USB drive into either USB port and even when the DLite is powered up, the device s instantly recognized.
So the DLite is recogniseing the device connection seemly with no issues.

Just WiFi dongle been giving me issues. I am not that far from router either, All other boxes work WiFi okay from here, some have no antennas like the T1 Plus and works fine.
Soon as I shut off the Dlite that's it for WiFi (tried rebooted and etc many times and it did work a couple times outta maybe 15 tries... or that switching between VOD and Live TV also creates a lose of signal for an instant, but I found out too that the DLite WiFi never aquires it back in that case, until get lucky on a few reboots or I connect that ethernet ...then the process of getting WiFi back gets underway :eek:

I have other dongles here, that will be my next thing to check... later thou :)

dishuser
01-12-2018, 09:02 PM
yea, tried few ways.Funny thing is thou that I insert a USB drive into either USB port and even when the DLite is powered up, the device s instantly recognized.

Just WiFi dongle been giving me issues. I am not that far from router either, All other boxes work WiFi okay from here, some have no antennas like the T1 Plus and works fine.
Soon as I shut off the Dlite that's it for WiFi (tried rebooted and etc many times and it did work a couple times outta maybe 15 tries... or that switching between VOD and Live TV also creates a lose of signal for an instant, but I found out too that the DLite WiFi never aquires it back in that case, until get lucky on a few reboots or I connect that ethernet ...then the process of getting WiFi back gets underway :eek:

keep us updated as that was my next suggestion...lol

Capt.Kangaroo
01-12-2018, 09:33 PM

Im thinking the antennas just aren't the best. I used the big antenna from my Z7+ and it worked great. I dont think the size really matters but maybe the better quality antenna.

01-12-2018, 11:16 PM
Sorry cant help, I use wired. I do know that I was able to set it all up and never plug in the wifi adapter as has been reported by others as a requirement to make it work.

Capt.Kangaroo
01-13-2018, 03:59 AM
From DL:
We are now testing a new sw enhanced wifi connection part. Until we release new fix, please power off and on by remote in case of wifi fail.