PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink Dlite

Marley
12-12-2017, 11:43 PM
What can i say got it going in few mins had tv was a no brainer .So if that all you want is iptv this really is box for you .Will say my epg is off about two hr off but that can and will be fixed.Still playing around it has youTube and this installer dont know what thats for yet says on top right input Aptoide name if i put something in a click exit says downloading like i said need play with this record told me no space which i need add a usb think it will take drive too Box is well made has vod -live tv -apps -portal -settings and system .Really not much to say ez to setup and there you go have tv and vod .

crazed 9.6
12-12-2017, 11:57 PM
yup, you have it right Marley:)
This is an iptv-server box...straight forward, no fuss... just connect the server and away you go.
Two USB ports, and that S/PDIF connection for fiber optic audio, SD card, HDMI and the A/V connection for an option other then HDMI

Its a good box for those who do not mess around with Kodi and only want to connect to an iptv server... the lower price matches that.

Farmer1
12-13-2017, 12:57 AM
cant wait for mine to show up
sounds like is is a awesome box

theone
12-14-2017, 02:11 PM
Just got mine and i really am impressed with what other IPTV boxes dont have it right. Picture quality is way better, this box does Really have a quide very much like the Satellite boxes had which i love. The channel info is much better giving the info of the show while watching the channel. My only con is that it doesnt not have 4K. Overall a great little box for IPTV only but then what can i say, its a dreamlink.

FrankieG
12-14-2017, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the update on the box. How does it compare to the T1 plus (picture etc.), and is the EPG similar to the T1 plus?

Farmer1
12-14-2017, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the update on the box. How does it compare to the T1 plus (picture etc.), and is the EPG similar to the T1 plus?
In my opinion Picture quality is way better
Its been a while since I played with the t1 plus so im not 100% sure put the EPG is very good, As the0ne said the epg giving the info of the show while watching the channel.

Farmer1
12-14-2017, 09:01 PM
ok had a bit more time to play with this bad boy
In My opinion
Pic quality is among the best I've seen
Moves between channels fast
Guide is nice It the info of the show while watching another show
Very easy to set up
The only down fall is the fact that the antenna takes 1 of the USB ports ( leaving me only one for my BT keyboard and USB stick)
I would highly recommend the DLight to anyone that is only looking for IPTV

Capt.Kangaroo
12-14-2017, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the review guys...:)

Farmer1
12-14-2017, 10:07 PM
No worries its a nice little unit

FrankieG
12-15-2017, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the review. Appreciated.

theuduk
12-15-2017, 06:23 PM
Agree with the above reviews and there are possibilities to add which could make the Dlite a little more usefull.
One downside is I will have to consider buying a new 4k tv to bring out the full potential of the Dlite.

Capt.Kangaroo
12-15-2017, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the reviews guys.
Its a nice little unit for people that aren't interested in Kodi etc...
Older folk and the less tech savvy will like it for iptv.

Marley
12-16-2017, 08:33 PM
yes it is going to get my mother one its that ez

dara
12-18-2017, 03:35 AM
This box does its function well, IPTV. For ease of use and EPG, the Dreamlink OnLine IPTV is probably my favorite STB client for the supported services. If you don't need other apps, like Kodi, or another IPTV apk, this box does the job. The box is essentially the T1 Plus, without an internal WiFi, and any ablility to easily add other apps. It does have a YouTube app, and a VPN app is pending. The IPTV app can also record as a PVR, but you will need an external storage, such as large capacity micro SD card. Video qualilty is fine. I would recommend this box if you don't need other apps and can't find the discontinued T1+.

satwatcher
12-29-2017, 04:06 PM
OK! I just ordered one of these from the DL Site. It was actually quite inexpensive, by comparison to other things on the market today. Here's my thing. I have been an FTA hobbyist for many years. I am not a computer programmer. That being said, I'm not incompetent, just not a Best buy Geek Squad member. I was able to use my Fortec, and load updates as they came in. I was able to set up and use my Weather Forecaster. I was able to set up and use my LimeSat. I was even able to set up and use my current T5 with the DL100 chip upgrade, and load all of my Rocket info into it. So, as you can see, I'm not brilliant, but can follow instructions well. I do not believe I have what is needed to set up a KODI system, or any of the other systems available right now. This box claims I don't have to set anything up. I just have to enter my Rocket info, and go from there. I hope I understood that correctly, because I just bought it. I'm a long time member of this site, from back when it was FTABeta, but was directed to another site for my IKS support in recent times. I miss you guys. I'm hoping when the DLite arrives, there will be a tutorial section available here that can instruct me on how to change my IKS info with Rocket to an IPTV service with Rocket, since I still have several months left on my subscription. I'm looking forward to working with this forum again, and seeing old names again.
Thank you, in advance, for the support and help I already know I will find here adn will be responding to this thread soon.
Happy New Year to all!!!

4wheelin
12-29-2017, 04:25 PM
the Dlite is a iptv box only ,it does not do kodi.

Farmer1
12-30-2017, 01:28 AM
If you are looking for IPTV only you bought the right box
its very easy to set up

ssathi
12-30-2017, 02:34 AM
does thi unit have Wi-Fi or ethenet only .

dishuser
12-30-2017, 02:41 AM
does thi unit have Wi-Fi or ethenet only .

from specs
EXTERNAL WIFI ADAPTER : 802.11 B/G/N WI-FI

crazed 9.6
12-30-2017, 04:57 AM
to change over your IKS to iptv is not possible. They both work at the same time... well if IKS was working that is :eek:

What I mean is that all you have to do is visit iptvrocket.is and log onto your rocket code and then add the MAC addy (Link the MAC), add it to your code. The MAC can be seen on the Dlite receiver or on the packaging box and also is shown in the Dlite system menus.
This does not interrupt your satellite service, you can use both at same time (that is if the satellite service was online and working, which we know it is not).

Check the threads linked below, its them tutorials you were asking about... very easy and straight forward :)
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?24280-log-in-credentials-for-iptvrocket
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?30743-New-features-added-to-the-donation-checker

Setting up the Dlite is also very much straight forward.
Enter the server info thru the DOL app which is found in either the onboard Market icon or in Your Apps icon... If in the market, just install it :)

ssathi
12-31-2017, 01:49 AM
What is an external wifi adapter . Do I have to buy one .

Ryu
12-31-2017, 01:58 AM
What is an external wifi adapter . Do I have to buy one .

its usb wifi network card. if you want to use your box wireless instead of hard wire (Ethernet) then you need to buy external wifi adapter.

crazed 9.6
12-31-2017, 02:49 AM
I do believe that the Dlite comes packaged with the external wifi adaptor included.
It connects to USB port with a small antenna attached.

http://newimg.globalmarket.com/PicLib/746/712746/prod/18_1370404574687_l.jpg

Farmer1
12-31-2017, 05:49 AM
you are correct crazed it does come with a external wifi in the box

Capt.Kangaroo
12-31-2017, 06:15 AM
yep, unfortunately takes up one of the usb ports...:(

duhhud
12-31-2017, 06:21 AM
for around 10 bucks you should be able to pick up a 3 port usb hub then you have a couple of extra usb plugins

Capt.Kangaroo
12-31-2017, 06:24 AM
for around 10 bucks you should be able to pick up a 3 port usb hub then you have a couple of extra usb plugins
yes, good point duhhud.:)

ssathi
01-02-2018, 02:57 AM
I will forget about Dlite then I will go with T1+

Marley
01-03-2018, 10:07 PM
yea i have 20 port usb

ssathi
01-14-2018, 03:10 AM
Yes guys it came with an usb dongle .

ssathi
01-28-2018, 03:32 AM
It will take one usb port if you are a wifier .