PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink Wi-Fi at hotel?

supaman32052
12-07-2017, 02:29 AM
Anybody ever tried to hook this up at a hotel. I'm trying it now and putting in the password isn't an option. Is it a certain button that I have to press to force this option? I think I pressed them all.. am I missing something?

crazed 9.6
12-07-2017, 03:00 AM
thing bout that is the hotel needs you to log onto their network logon page first before you can get online. That prolly that password you are talking about.
Do you have a laptop with you ?
If so, try logging on with that first. Then connect the STB to laptop and try that way. That connecting to laptop may not work. You might need a router for this to work.
Unless you can make the laptop see the STB ethernet connection as a shared network device (or something like that) :)

Capt.Kangaroo
12-07-2017, 03:25 AM
Take mine on vacation always. Just ask the front desk the wifi password, goto settings/wifi, connect to network enter password.
Good to go

supaman32052
12-07-2017, 09:01 AM
I don't have a laptop.. and I been to settings then Wi-Fi. I connected to network but the password part is not an option. It doesn't show up like it would if I was home.. thanks though. I have the hotel password but don't know where to insert it at..maybe it's just this hotel that has some sort of blockage on their system ..maybe I can get on their log on page through Google on the box.. I'll try that.. I'm using my phone on their Wi-Fi since I got here..but then again if I can't insert the password in the network then I can't use google..