PDA

View Full Version : Google play store

roadrunneric
05-25-2015, 08:08 PM
would any of the android apps on the google play store work on these devices? thanks

a-team
05-25-2015, 09:59 PM
would any of the android apps on the google play store work on these devices? thanks

Unfortunately as of right now no. Only the ones that are ported over will be functional. The only supported applications are the ones found on Kodi / XBMC and the Mickyhop channel store. There are plans in the future to have that sort of support, but nothing conclusive yet.

blackrider
05-26-2015, 02:26 PM
I just got my Avov vixo 2 last which I wanted to gift my son and I'm disappointed with the closed proprietorship placed on it in spite it being an Android box. I thought one should be able to use Google Play store on it and install other apps from it. I'm shipping it back today. Impressed with its' overall performance and speed, but I'm not interested in dealing with another "Apple type of proprietorship".

K00lKatT
05-26-2015, 02:35 PM
From what I understand, that is being worked on for the future and Kodi apps are available now...let's not get overly hasty, pls...

blackrider
05-27-2015, 05:49 PM
From what I understand, that is being worked on for the future and Kodi apps are available now...let's not get overly hasty, pls...

Sorry sir!
I have read your other comments about this device and I have to honestly say that it comes across somewhat biased. Not trying to provoke an argument or insult you. It's just that a device of this magnitude that comes with a heavy price tag of $200 is expected to do more than restrict one to a few apps.
This shouldn't be sold as an open Android box, but rather a closed proprietor media box running on android kernel. We all know what an Android box is capable of doing and this is far from that. I have bought it, tested it and returned it! Cause it doesn't even compare to it's competitors out there. JMHO!

kcos54
05-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Sorry sir!
I have read your other comments about this device and I have to honestly say that it comes across somewhat biased. Not trying to provoke an argument or insult you. It's just that a device of this magnitude that comes with a heavy price tag of $200 is expected to do more than restrict one to a few apps.
This shouldn't be sold as an open Android box, but rather a closed proprietor media box running on android kernel. We all know what an Android box is capable of doing and this is far from that. I have bought it, tested it and returned it! Cause it doesn't even compare to it's competitors out there. JMHO!

I second your findings very disappointed that it's not an open Android box for the price and what is out there on the market. They are saying but you can't get the tvonline app with those other boxes , but I say just use the kodi stalker client.

Kimbo
05-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Not all boxes are made for everyone, everyone have different expectations and opinions and they are entitled to them. But when you go on and on it takes away from your point and makes it sound personal.

I understand that for $200 you would just expect plug and play but you should have done a thread with your own review instead of hijacking this thread.

kcos54
05-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Not all boxes are made for everyone, everyone have different expectations and opinions and they are entitled to them. But when you go on and on it takes away from your point and makes it sound personal.

I understand that for $200 you would just expect plug and play but you should have done a thread with your own review instead of hijacking this thread.

I'm sorry I'm not hijacking just agreeing. So do you work for AVOV?

Kimbo
05-27-2015, 06:09 PM
It was not meant at you Kcos, but I agree with all your points in both threads.

kcos54
05-27-2015, 06:15 PM
It was not meant at you Kcos, but I agree with all your points in both threads.

My bad sorry:D

Ipguy
05-27-2015, 07:28 PM
I think Avov should list on their website exactly what to expect in every unit that they sale
Like does the unit come with google play,kodi,Mickey market ect,that way people could know
What to expect before purchasing the unit.
For example I just purchased a Avov TV online just to find out later only 15 apps available for
This unit on the Mickey market,if they listed that on their website I would have purchased the
Vixo 1, they need to provide more info about they device on their website.

Marley
05-27-2015, 07:32 PM
why not go to there web site and tell the that or email them i see what your saying

Ipguy
05-27-2015, 07:38 PM
I'll try to email them and see what they say.

blackrider
05-27-2015, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=

I understand that for $200 you would just expect plug and play but you should have done a thread with your own review instead of hijacking this thread.[/QUOTE]

Laser915, i have utmost respect for you and every member of this community and trust me, it was no intention of mine to hijack this thread. However, i do believe that all line of argument so far is in retrospect to Google play store and its' exclusion from a box that's supposed to be an allrounder. Besides, I spent a lot of time digging around to scoop up whatever information I could about this box.
Anyways, i apologize if my attempt derailed the topic at hand.

Marley
05-27-2015, 09:01 PM
well 200 is a lot for a box look everyone not going to be happy with it i get that if you got it for Google play store and not working yet i can see your point me got it for kids to play games and watch movies on it and i like tv online for price i paid 200 dollars for a for a few boxes or 150 but didnt have software the avov2 has so really up to you

Kimbo
05-27-2015, 09:05 PM
No problem, for the record i agree with your comments,
Laser915, i have utmost respect for you and every member of this community and trust me, it was no intention of mine to hijack this thread. However, i do believe that all line of argument so far is in retrospect to Google play store and its' exclusion from a box that's supposed to be an allrounder. Besides, I spent a lot of time digging around to scoop up whatever information I could about this box.
Anyways, i apologize if my attempt derailed the topic at hand.

roadrunneric
05-28-2015, 02:33 AM
its all on topic. continue