PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink T2 with Android 7 Nougat at it’s core

crazed 9.6
11-29-2017, 07:16 PM
Looks like we will soon need to add new forums here in dreamlink area. The Dlite and the T2 :)

It also looks like pre-orders will be available on this T2 @ 150.00 USD
Still waiting on official word on that thou .
Captain or NBS may know more :)

PREMIUM NEXT GENERATION
ANDROID OTT MIDDLEWARE & MEDIA PORTAL
Cutting-edge features for all your future requirements

The all new Dreamlink T2 has been designed from the ground up with maximum performance in mind. Containg the newest decoding technologies and Android 7 Nougat at it’s core, the new T2 will provide customers with years of streaming media enjoyment through varios apps including MVTVOnline.

Dreamlink T2 IPTV Set Top Box Smart TV was designed to bring back the balance between Kodi (the most popular media center ) and the IPTV part of the unit . We have worked hard to offer not only a set top box with Android Operative system but to offer the latest one, Android 7 Nougat.

Android Nougat presents itself as one of the most important upgrades. New features and over 250 improvements make this operative system more customizable, efficient, and safe. All this is excellently made by Dreamlink T2 to offer you endless amusement. Of course, we did not leave the good things behind; the Google Play Store will continue offering you countless applications. Dreamlink T2 is the first IPTV set top box to contain the newest decoding technologies mixed with streaming media attributes including the already well-known DreamOnline.

We keep it simple

Dreamlink T2 keeps the previous menu options and styles from the previous model. If you have owned a Dreamlink T1, you will find Dreamlink T2 IPTV Set Top Box very easy to set up as the previous unit; so you do not have to learn a box all over again. Our continuous improvement system will amaze you. Every time there is a new enhancement, updates will be released to keep you running smoothly.

New AI for Dreamlink T2 Plus IPTV Set Top Box

Yes the future is here. Dreamlink T2 IPTV Set Top Box will come with artificial intelligence now. T2 will learn your habits and act upon them; over time it will interact with your entertainment equipment like Smart TV or Smart Home Theater to make your live easier. You will find that once it is turned on, Dreamlink T2 will also turn on your other devices for you; that way knowing you are ready to watch something.
Advanced USB PVR

Catch Up TV function. Watch previous shows in the Electronic Program Guide (EPG).

Record and Timeshift the on-screen program simultaneously.

Pause and Rewind Live TV.

New trick-mode playback. Fast-Forward, rewind:x2, x4, x8, x16 speed.

Note: Recording features are subject to source and availability.

Dreamlink T2 will be compatible with AirSync App for Dreamlink T1 plus and Dlite. Once you install it, you will be able to use any android mobile device like your Phone or Tablet as Remote Control, Game Joystick, or simply to mirror the content in your mobile device.

Marley
11-29-2017, 08:36 PM
wow you made my day

theuduk
11-29-2017, 09:36 PM
Those are very impressive scecs, this box will rock.

4wheelin
11-29-2017, 10:23 PM
this box sounds great ,have soft spot for dreamlink ..

dara
11-29-2017, 10:25 PM
I don't know if this is the official site, so be careful. This one has pictures of the box... very nice.

https://dreamlinkmedia.tech/

Kimbo
11-29-2017, 10:27 PM
DL Team is steeping up!!!Looks sweet!!

NBS
11-30-2017, 12:59 AM
notice in the ad they forgot to remove reference to Z7?

Bkman2020
11-30-2017, 01:48 AM
Im happy with my dreamlink,no need to spend money.

crazy carl
11-30-2017, 01:59 AM
Sold out so far... preorders kinda pricey but if they fix the few crucial issues with DOL then allllll aboard the hype trian

Bkman2020
11-30-2017, 02:07 AM
im sure there more coming soon eventually will have android 9

Ipguy
11-30-2017, 04:41 AM
the t1 plus came out less then one year ago and they already coming out with a new one , I hope this company
Doesn't become the new avov but i love my t1 plus it's a really great product.

dara
11-30-2017, 05:36 AM
it must be i found this link also
http://buydreamlink.com/product/dreamlink-t2-2/

No hot links please... security issue.

marcm
11-30-2017, 12:16 PM
Will the Dol2 EPG be any faster on the T2? Waiting ~2-3 seconds per channel for the EPG to update is pretty painful.

Jimc197
12-02-2017, 06:52 PM
What about bluetooth?

Capt.Kangaroo
12-02-2017, 07:02 PM
What about bluetooth?
Specs

https://dreamlinkmedia.tech/

Bkman2020
12-03-2017, 04:36 AM
epg has nothing to do with hardware,look at kodi it populates it great on any device

Mano9423
12-05-2017, 03:00 PM
I have a question for the Captain:

Doing my research, it appears that the Formuler Z7+ has 2 GB of RAM listed on its official website page. However, the Dreamlink T2, according to the link provided, only has 1 GB of RAM. I expected these two boxes to be identical. Is there a typo there somewhere, or are the boxes actually different?

crazy carl
12-05-2017, 05:07 PM
I have a question for the Captain:

Doing my research, it appears that the Formuler Z7+ has 2 GB of RAM listed on its official website page. However, the Dreamlink T2, according to the link provided, only has 1 GB of RAM. I expected these two boxes to be identical. Is there a typo there somewhere, or are the boxes actually different?

Gotta be a type the box’s are suppose to be indentical

Mano9423
12-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Gotta be a type the box’s are suppose to be indentical

I agree, but I wonder which one is the typo? I can't imagine that they would upgrade the hardware and software so completely and leave the RAM at 1 GB.

Munstah
12-05-2017, 10:11 PM
though I think it's unlikely, but if T2 truly is 1 gig of ram then I'll be stocking the formuler z7+ instead.

Marley
12-05-2017, 11:15 PM
montell code your link

Munstah
12-06-2017, 12:30 AM
yep 1 gig. Just got confirmation from supplier. Formuler it is

dara
12-06-2017, 01:10 AM
you guys are right...T2 has only 1 Gig ram :(
http://prntscr.com/hjm5l6

Please code your links.

crazy carl
12-06-2017, 01:17 AM
yep 1 gig. Just got confirmation from supplier. Formuler it is

Ewwww why is this happening

shadow
12-06-2017, 10:51 PM
makes me wonder what else is not exactly the same at formuler. I will buy the formuler if I decide to go that route.

crazed 9.6
12-07-2017, 12:22 AM
questuion ...
did anybody actually check the T2 and the Z7 for what RAM they actually have ?
Hearing from a supplier thru a third party does not count.
Maybe the Z7 is 1 GB and the T2 is 2GB
or they in fact are both 1 GB or both 2 GB

Seems you guys are jumping ship before the ship leaves the harbour :eek:

tbird686
12-07-2017, 01:11 AM
The z7 has 2 gigs and the t2 has 1 gig

And there marketing the z7 in Europe.....its

Formuler z7 +

Capt.Kangaroo
12-07-2017, 02:04 AM
The z7 has 2 gigs and the t2 has 1 gig

And there marketing the z7 in Europe.....its

Formuler z7 +
You are correct
T2 has 1g ddr4
Z7plus has 2g ddr4 with dual wifi

Mano9423
12-07-2017, 12:38 PM
You are correct
T2 has 1g ddr4
Z7plus has 2g ddr4 with dual wifi

Thanks for the confirmation Captain. Can you tell us why this is?

Munstah
12-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Dreamlink is not just simply North American version of Formuler. Dreamlink owner purchases large enough quantities to warrant rebrands and basically chooses which formuler models he wants to rebrand and sell here. He would have requested only 1 gig of ram perhaps to save a buck (input conspiracy theory here). You will see both the T2 and Formuler z7+ distributed in North America with the latter sold at a premium.

dara
12-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Sufficient RAM is important, however 1GB is plenty for most STB streamers. If you are running games or multiple simultaneous apps, you might need more. Android 7 does a good job of RAM management, so I suppose that 1GB is good enough. We'll see after we get actual reviews of this box.

4wheelin
12-07-2017, 04:18 PM
the t1 plus came out less then one year ago and they already coming out with a new one , I hope this company
Doesn't become the new avov but i love my t1 plus it's a really great product.

dreamlink has been around a long time and has built so far the best i have had and are not even same boat as avov.

crazed 9.6
12-07-2017, 07:02 PM
You will see both the T2 and Formuler z7+ distributed in North America with the latter sold at a premium.

Formuler z7+ will soon have a sub forum on our boards.
The box is set to be released in Toronto, perhaps today :)

And Dara has said exactly what I should have said about that 1 GB RAM
Thank-you sir :)

NBS
12-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Munstah,Why would the factory owner purchase boxes?

Munstah
12-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Munstah,Why would the factory owner purchase boxes?

dreamlink isn't the manufacturer for these iptv boxes... Formuler is

Can't wait to do some comparison testing between the two once they release.

Munstah
12-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Sufficient RAM is important, however 1GB is plenty for most STB streamers. If you are running games or multiple simultaneous apps, you might need more. Android 7 does a good job of RAM management, so I suppose that 1GB is good enough. We'll see after we get actual reviews of this box.

I agree from an IPTV perspective that 1 gig does the job (even 512 on the Dlite), however, as you've stated I'm also curious on how big a difference there will be between the two. How noticeable will that extra gig of ram be on the Formuler for things like kodi or what have you.

My fear is that despite the update to android version there may not be much difference between the T1 Plus and the T2 when it's all said and done. I know the GUI at least on the formuler z7+ remains the same as prior Z series devices.

Mano9423
12-07-2017, 10:28 PM
I agree from an IPTV perspective that 1 gig does the job (even 512 on the Dlite), however, as you've stated I'm also curious on how big a difference there will be between the two. How noticeable will that extra gig of ram be on the Formuler for things like kodi or what have you.

My fear is that despite the update to android version there may not be much difference between the T1 Plus and the T2 when it's all said and done. I know the GUI at least on the formuler z7+ remains the same as prior Z series devices.

Exactly. The use of the extra RAM comes through the box being more capable as a true android box. Being able use other apps, like kodi and such, was always a downfall of the T1 and I always felt it was as much a hardware problem as an android version problem. There just wasn’t enough speed or memory to properly run kodi, or the spmc fork that you needed for kitkat.

The Z7+ should have more than enough of both.

divo77
12-07-2017, 10:37 PM
It might be nice if the manufacturers of both Dreamlink/Formuler were able to send a box to the Forum Mods for some evaluation. Have any of the Mods been in contact with the manufacturers?

crazed 9.6
12-07-2017, 11:07 PM
It might be nice if the manufacturers of both Dreamlink/Formuler were able to send a box to the Forum Mods for some evaluation. Have any of the Mods been in contact with the manufacturers?

thnx divo, and yes, they always are in direct contact with the staff here.
Dreamlink has always sent boxes to the staff and site owner since, well since forever. Is why you may see guides and reviews of boxes before most others have the box.
They know the value of that :)
It started with their very first Dreamlink fta SD box and continued with each new box they put on the market (fta and iptv), soon to include the Dlite, the T2 and the Formuler boxes.

Look forward to a raffle or two for one or two of these boxes as well :)

Mano9423
12-08-2017, 03:35 AM
Dreamlink has always sent boxes to the staff and site owner since, well since forever. Is why you may see guides and reviews of boxes before most others have the box.
It started with their very first Dreamlink fta SD box and continued with each new box they put on the market (fta and iptv), soon to include the Dlite, the T2 and the Formuler boxes.

Hmmm...note to self...pull a Tanya Harding on one of the Mods at iptvtalk.net so I can start getting free boxes to "test"! ;)

crazed 9.6
12-08-2017, 03:50 AM
Hmmm...note to self...pull a Tanya Harding on one of the Mods at iptvtalk.net so I can start getting free boxes to "test"! ;)

not as easy as that :)

The recent Buzz boxes that the team sent went thru me, but I never did keep one for myself :eek:
Many boxes that I receive do go to a raffle of some sort. Most was done at the old beta site, but that avov given away here was one.
If there were only a couple sent then yes, I would keep one so I can post some guides and stuff for the box, otherwise I leave that up to other staff if enough boxes are sent.

Mano9423
12-08-2017, 11:57 AM
not as easy as that :)

The recent Buzz boxes that the team sent went thru me, but I never did keep one for myself :eek:
Many boxes that I receive do go to a raffle of some sort. Most was done at the old beta site, but that avov given away here was one.
If there were only a couple sent then yes, I would keep one so I can post some guides and stuff for the box, otherwise I leave that up to other staff if enough boxes are sent.

So crazed2.0 is not the one to take out is what you are saying?

Fair enough. I’ll be sure to research my targets thoroughly before I strike!! 😂

NBS
12-08-2017, 09:06 PM

Actually the team donated the boxes and honoured the warranty from the first sat receiver to the T1. The dreamlink owner never gave anything to anybody.

kronic187
12-12-2017, 04:44 PM

Has the boxes been tested? I love the T1+ , but Kodi takes forever. If the extra 1GB does the job on the z7+, that should be keeper for me. Just waiting to decide if the T2 or the Z7+ is the way to go...

Please let us know when the comparison will be finished.

Thanks!

dishuser
12-13-2017, 02:52 AM

their first box was hd and second was sd ;)