PDA

View Full Version : CaptK's impression of the Buzztv XPL3000

Capt.Kangaroo
11-26-2017, 06:59 AM
My impression of the buzztv XPL3000 is that it's a very nice box.
Comes equipped with the usual items, HDMI cable,remote w/batteries and an rca adapter cable.
Setup is straight forward with Language,Timezone,Screen calibration and Internet.
Once setup with internet, it will automatically update to the newest software version.
Comes with Android 6.0 and 8GB of memory making it fast getting between apps and tv.
Picture Quality is superb,and channel changing is quick.
Comes installed with Kodi, Netflix,Youtube and Browser as well as Aptoide for downloading tons of apps.
Operation is easy and smooth other than a slight lag from the remote.
I would absolutely recommend this box for anyone wanting a fast IPTV/Kodi set top unit.
Thanks NBS and Crazed 2.0 for your support with this box.

ilan
11-26-2017, 02:43 PM
Nice write-up, Cap. I couldn't agree more with the video quality aspect. Previously, I was running with a Kodi set-up most of the time. The Buzz app blows that out of the water video quality-wise.

theuduk
11-26-2017, 03:19 PM
Seems like this Buzz3000 is one good box without breaking the bank.
Has anyone tried the kodi on TV channels late at night(peak times),
My avov 4K and fuse and X96 are hard to run at those times but perfect rest of day.

curgs
11-26-2017, 03:46 PM
sounds like a great box, still waiting / hoping for the new DL box to compare the 2 :)

Marley
11-26-2017, 04:28 PM
is box loaded with new python for kodi 17.3 and up or will add that so no dependence not met on python i trick my other boxes to work

crazy carl
11-26-2017, 04:31 PM
My impression of the buzztv XPL3000 is that it's a very nice box.
Comes equipped with the usual items, HDMI cable,remote w/batteries and an rca adapter cable.
Setup is straight forward with Language,Timezone,Screen calibration and Internet.
Once setup with internet, it will automatically update to the newest software version.
Comes with Android 6.0 and 8GB of memory making it fast getting between apps and tv.
Picture Quality is superb,and channel changing is quick.
Comes installed with Kodi, Netflix,Youtube and Browser as well as Aptoide for downloading tons of apps.
Operation is easy and smooth other than a slight lag from the remote.
I would absolutely recommend this box for anyone wanting a fast IPTV/Kodi set top unit.
Thanks NBS and Crazed 2.0 for your support with this box.

Excellent and spot on about video quality I was blown away even in comparison so the shield

Kimbo
11-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Thanks Captain, I will check this one out!!

Marley
11-26-2017, 04:47 PM
and yes cap very good review been saying this one is keeper and you just made it even more so

Maestro701
11-26-2017, 09:10 PM
It's buzzing alright and this is from an XPL2000 perspective. The 3000 is mighty awesome from what I read

delavoie
11-26-2017, 11:08 PM
I have one arriving on Thursday, can't wait to compare it to my Dreamlink T1 Plus.
If it has the same epg feel & look as the dreamlink does, but it can load the guide instantly, which the dreamlink cant. It's gonna be a winner and i'll be returning the dreamlink.

ilan
11-26-2017, 11:20 PM
You'll have the same issue. To conserve overhead, the boxes do not load the entire EPG into memory. They load portions on demand, so there will be some lag. It isn't 5 seconds as you mentioned for the Dreamlink, but there is some lag while the EPG is populating.

delavoie
11-26-2017, 11:47 PM
You'll have the same issue. To conserve overhead, the boxes do not load the entire EPG into memory. They load portions on demand, so there will be some lag. It isn't 5 seconds as you mentioned for the Dreamlink, but there is some lag while the EPG is populating.

You would think that with a usb port and a microsd port, you could store all that guide info on there. Shouldn't take a large card or usb to hold that info.
So there's no IPTV box that loads the guide instantly?

It works great on my kodi setup, but I just hate the epg's that i have tried so far.. and the set top iptv box is much more user friendly for wife/kids.

NBS
11-26-2017, 11:50 PM
its a couple of seconds when you use page up /down I dont make it to 1002

crazy carl
11-27-2017, 12:26 PM
You would think that with a usb port and a microsd port, you could store all that guide info on there. Shouldn't take a large card or usb to hold that info.
So there's no IPTV box that loads the guide instantly?

It works great on my kodi setup, but I just hate the epg's that i have tried so far.. and the set top iptv box is much more user friendly for wife/kids.

Yes there is but it’s not the same GUI that you get with a cable box.. all of box’s with proprietary portal apps have some downfalls. Download an app on any of these box’s called perfect player and compar the epgs. You sacrifice one ability for the other. Perfect player loads epg and channel lists instantly but you only get one day of catchup and no timeshift.

delavoie
11-29-2017, 01:34 PM

Got my Buzztv box yesterday, compared to Dreamlink T1 Plus, it's lightning quick to load the guide information, it's like 1-2 seconds instead of 5-7 on dreamlink.
The EPG look and feel is pretty much the same as Dreamlink's, but the VOD is better, you dont need to page down or up to see all the results.
I'm going to compare tonight, but I think that the picture quality on Dreamlink might be better then on Buzztv.

ilan
11-29-2017, 01:46 PM
Yupper, as I said, it is much quicker than the five seconds you mentioned previously. I don't have any issue with loading time. :)

crazy carl
11-30-2017, 02:01 AM
Got my Buzztv box yesterday, compared to Dreamlink T1 Plus, it's lightning quick to load the guide information, it's like 1-2 seconds instead of 5-7 on dreamlink.
The EPG look and feel is pretty much the same as Dreamlink's, but the VOD is better, you dont need to page down or up to see all the results.
I'm going to compare tonight, but I think that the picture quality on Dreamlink might be better then on Buzztv.

Now let’s not turn this into comparison thread.. there both great box’s that offer a similar but also different interface