PDA

View Full Version : EPG Guide Reworked for use with all Kodi and m3u Playlist Programs

kens
11-13-2017, 10:30 PM
I've formatted my Guide for use in all Platforms that use an external XML EPG Guide.
*Tested on KODI with Stalker, PotatoTV, IPTV Simple and with Perfect Player (Android and PC), Simple TV, ProgDVB, NextPVR.

More channels will be added now that I've got the requirements figured out!

hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_kens.xml
*(change hxxps:// to https:// )

/kens

crazed 9.6
11-13-2017, 10:37 PM
cool stuff kens, thnx :)

ADP0361
11-14-2017, 12:16 AM
Kens, thanks a bunch Champ! Especially for working out that pesky Perfect Player. Much appreciated, thanks for sharing.

rerun11
11-14-2017, 12:34 AM
Very much appreciated! Thanks for all your time and effort on helping us all out here Cheers!

andkaal
11-14-2017, 02:56 AM
Thanks Kens for all your hard work. I will try tomorrow...andkaal:)

nikt
11-14-2017, 02:59 AM
working good.tnx

dxtn
11-14-2017, 07:34 AM
nice work kens and it have the info's on those channels ..:D

expatter
11-15-2017, 12:47 AM
I've formatted my Guide for use in all Platforms that use an external XML EPG Guide.
*Tested on KODI with Stalker, PotatoTV, IPTV Simple and with Perfect Player (Android and PC), Simple TV, ProgDVB, NextPVR.

More channels will be added now that I've got the requirements figured out!

hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_kens.xml
*(change hxxps:// to https:// )

/kens

Hey kens, if you're going to edit the fields so it works on all platforms, why don't you take it one step further (and make it even easier on yourself) and not use ids at all; just use the <display-name> since that's all that's really needed for IPTV services?

Just a thought... ;)

kens
11-15-2017, 06:00 PM
Hey kens, if you're going to edit the fields so it works on all platforms, why don't you take it one step further (and make it even easier on yourself) and not use ids at all; just use the <display-name> since that's all that's really needed for IPTV services?

Just a thought... ;)

Well, considering that the Channel Names get changed at any point in time, here is a better idea...
Use the XMLTV ID's and have the Provider supply a guide with the Service, and ensure the Display names match.

As far as I can tell, Stalker middleware uses the Display names. Potato TV uses the guide source selected, and pulls the ID's in the guide, and makes a custom playlist using these XMLTV ID's, since IPTV Simple client uses ID's.

The names change, but the ID's dont.
So I base everything to the ID and paste in the Display name used by the provider, then I delete all other Display names since some applications will load all names together causing a mismatch.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we should not have to be doing this anyway.
/kens