PDA

View Full Version : i would like to know

duhhud
11-04-2017, 10:02 PM
I posted this under the updates thread i should of started my on thread so i am.......................................

i have a ? for a friend of mine he uses this service and he has two android boxes one donation (he lives alone so only uses one box at a time so he has the same mac on both boxes.he would like to buy a buzz tv because he like the live tv,vod,epg all on the startup page, so his ? is, can you use the buzztv using a mac with 78 instead of 79 so he can still use two of the boxes with one donation.one box at a time of course.he knows that the mac can be changed on the buzz tv.....he uses a stb emulator now............................................... ...............................

Thank you for your response Farmer i should of added that he is using the same mac on two boxes

i do understand you can only use one mac per donation,i do understand to that i can have the same mac on two boxes in my house as long as i only use one of the boxes at a time

My ? is with the buzz tv box,will the livetv..the vod ...and the epg....on the startup screen work with a mac starting with 00:1A;78;XX;XX;XX or does it have to start with 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX to use the livetv..vod..epg..on the home screen

Farmer1
11-04-2017, 10:42 PM
I so sorry i am not able to answer that
He could always give it a try and see what happens
Then he would know

If he does give it a try Please post back here the results

duhhud
11-04-2017, 11:44 PM
ya he may have to buy one, he was just trying to find out before buying a box.the two boxes he has now work good with the emulator he just likes the idea of the live tv...Vod...and the EPG on the home screen

Maestro701
11-05-2017, 12:38 AM
I think he will have to use this one 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX

But it shouldn't matter really because at the end of the day he can only use his one donation on one box at a time

duhhud
11-05-2017, 01:59 AM
Thank you Maestro701.He uses the STB emulator on his two boxes now and i believe your mac has to be with the 00:1A;78:XX:XX:XX with that emulator,so if the buzztv has to use 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX it would be too much of a pain to keep changing the mac to use the other box and it would not make sense for him to buy another donation when he lives alone and only uses one box at a time.

NBS
11-05-2017, 02:00 AM
Thank you Maestro701.He uses the STB emulator on his two boxes now and i believe your mac has to be with the 00:1A;78:XX:XX:XX with that emulator,so if the buzztv has to use 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX it would be too much of a pain to keep changing the mac to use the other box and it would not make sense for him to buy another donation when he lives alone and only uses one box at a time.

i was told you couldnt change your mac on the buzz

duhhud
11-05-2017, 02:02 AM
ok Thanks NBS

Maestro701
11-05-2017, 04:08 PM
I never tried emulator using 00:1A;78:XX:XX:XX.

I always left it at 79

He cannot avoid using two different donations, donations are reasonable so unless things are bad for the pockets, for me it shouldn't be an issue.

Shoma
11-22-2017, 08:25 AM
i was told you couldnt change your mac on the buzz

I think you can, while in the Servers section, press the Blue button.

shadow
11-22-2017, 01:26 PM
I think you can, while in the Servers section, press the Blue button.

I was watching a movie and the mac changed. I was pushing a few buttons and learning what they did at the time :) You might not be able to select your own mac address but it changed on mine and I had to change mac address on the servers to watch tv again.

ilan
11-22-2017, 04:14 PM
When you're on the server settings dialog, pressing the blue button on the remote will allow you to change the MAC address. That would be a quicker, more appropriate remedy than changing the MAC address at the Donation Checker.

duhhud
11-22-2017, 11:18 PM
shadow...was the new mac you used did it start 00:1A;79:XX:XX:XX. or 00:1A;78:XX:XX:XX.
i would like to know if it will work with a mac that starts with 00:1A;78:XX:XX:XX.

shadow
11-23-2017, 02:15 AM
shadow...was the new mac you used did it start 00:1A;79:XX:XX:XX. or 00:1A;78:XX:XX:XX.
i would like to know if it will work with a mac that starts with 00:1A;78:XX:XX:XX.

it automatically assigns a 79 format.

duhhud
11-23-2017, 02:46 AM
ok thank you

kens
11-23-2017, 06:10 PM
The built in stalker IPTV Program uses the 79 prefix.
If you want to use kodi or stb emu, you make up a MAC# with the 78 prefix, change the MAC# associated on your donation page, and use that number in the kodi Stalker PVR settings or the STB Emu settings.
The Server will then not communicate with the built in IPTV Program, and will communicate with the software program you use with that Mac#.
/kens

duhhud
11-23-2017, 09:14 PM
thanks Kens thats the answer i was looking for.so any box that you input your info directly on the box like the (buzztv or the mag ). you need to use the 79 prefix.thanks again

ilan
11-23-2017, 11:52 PM
The native STB IPTV app uses the 79 address. The box also has Kodi installed, so that could be used with a 78 address.