PDA

View Full Version : Need updated version with EPG Fix

tokm
10-15-2017, 04:46 PM
Now since both of the EPG sources in PotatoTV are no longer updating their EPG sources, we need an updated PotatoTV version that either lets us customize the EPG Source, or one with a new working EPG source built into the options.

In the mean time, does anyone know of a temporary fix for the dead EPG sources?

ilan
10-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Are you sure it doesn't give you the option of Custom to which you'd add your choice?

tokm
10-15-2017, 08:35 PM
The text on the dropdown list is cut off so its hard to tell. One of the options looks like ')Provider' but thats all I can see. I tried to open that one but it doesn't open anything. I don't think there's anywhere to enter a custom URL.

ilan
10-15-2017, 08:40 PM
I swore both the portal and EPG dialogs had a Custom option. I know I used the custom option to assign a portal at one point.

expatter
10-16-2017, 12:00 AM
I swore both the portal and EPG dialogs had a Custom option. I know I used the custom option to assign a portal at one point.

That's what you get for swearing... ;)

You're right, you were able to input a custom portal at one time but not a custom EPG.

ilan
10-16-2017, 01:04 AM
Well, that's a cryin' shame.

Swearing is a habit I just can't break, and I'd be willing to swear it!

tokm
10-16-2017, 07:27 PM
In the setup tutorial for PotatoTV there is a URL in the EPG Source but I guess it was updated to use predefined sources. We need Couch Potato to add the ability to enter custom EPG sources OR we need a new source added that is maintained.

ilan
10-16-2017, 07:33 PM
I don't have Potato TV set-up to tinker with at the moment. You could check the settings.xml file to determine if the EPG location is hard coded or soft coded.

tokm
10-16-2017, 07:34 PM
Where is that XML file? I'm running Kodi in Windows.

tokm
10-16-2017, 07:42 PM
The file is in %AppData%\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.potatoT V\resources and the type for the EPG Source is an enum so those enums must be hard coded somewhere.

<setting label="EPG Source ? ( Credits: viper8690, PACh & rgturk100 )" type="enum" id="epg_src" values="viper8690|PACh|rgturk100 (Test)|Provider" default="0" />

ilan
10-16-2017, 07:44 PM
Should be in the Kodi userdata folder. Be careful, though, since you could bungle the set-up if you alter the wrong file(s).

duhhud
10-17-2017, 12:15 AM
i dont use kodi but if you have a url for a epg that works, could you not just set up couch potato like normal using either viper or paches url and then go to simple client and click config.and change the url there to your working one then hit ok the go to live tv clear data and reload the epg.just a thought

expatter
10-17-2017, 08:22 AM
i dont use kodi but if you have a url for a epg that works, could you not just set up couch potato like normal using either viper or paches url and then go to simple client and click config.and change the url there to your working one then hit ok the go to live tv clear data and reload the epg.just a thought

Now that's thinking outside the box and I also don't see any reason why this approach wouldn't work! Good One!!

@ilan The only thing that could be changed in potato xml is the setting.xml and while you COULD add "|Custom EPG" to the epg sources, you would also have to change the .py files and those were all changed a while back to zlib and base64, so you'd really have to know how to code with that to do a change as all those files contain is a long string of integers. But I think duhhud just gave a solution to those who use potato. Good luck!

ilan
10-17-2017, 12:33 PM
It does sound like that would work, and it is good outside the box thinking. Let's have someone give us a report on that potential solution.

tokm
10-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Yes all of the perl files are obfuscated and minimized using zlib and base64. We need Couch Potato to modify the addon. Any way of getting in touch with him? I sent him a PM on the forums yesterday.

The only way I see this not working is if the xml channel lineups are custom for each EPG source. If its a standard mapping then any XML epg source should work. Only Couch Potato will know (since the code is obfuscated & minimized)

kens
10-17-2017, 08:24 PM
Here is Updated Stuffed m3u Playlist Templates. It is for NFPS Portals, but you can modify yourself for any server address. (*You will get it !!)
All Languages
http://www.mediafire.com/file/98qgm5w4sdsdmrs/Template+stuffed+kensguide+TV+All+Lang+1017.m3u

English Only
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pr9yasmycdrdm5t/Template+stuffed+kensguide+TV+Eng+1017.m3u

VOD + TV Series Template
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b73i3uf3r1r9iau/Template+VODplus+1017.m3u

It is to replace the IPTV Simple Client Playlist generated by PotatoTV.
It is also for use with Playlist users using PVR IPTV Simple Client (standalone without PotatoTV), or any other Playlist Program/App.

It is Renumbered for Normal channel numbering TV (Sat.ID)

Approx. 30 channel ID's have been Added to Channels that had no channel ID's from NFPS

It is also Matched to my Playlist EPG Guide, so when using with IPTV Simple Client, you must also change the EPG Guide URL Address, from the guide source that you chose in PotatoTV.

***Use this URL for your Guide source -> hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_kens.xml
* Change hxxps: to https:

Open the Template with a text editor.
Find the Terms "xportal" and xdonation"
Replace All with your portal (NFPS is p1,p2,p3,p4 or p5) & your Donation#
Save file as anyname.m3u (plain txt file), as long as you can get to the file from KODI.

Go to Pvr IPTV Simple client settings
-Disable IPTV Simple Client,
-Change m3u Playlist file location to the new m3u file.
-Change EPG Guide URL Address to > hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/EPG/master/guide_kens.xml
*(Change hxxps to https)
-Save by OK (DONT ENABLE)
-Go to PVR&LiveTV Settings and Clear Data Cache
-Go back to IPTV Simple Client and Enable

Good luck
(It seems tedious but it is easy)
/kens
Pros to this method - You leave PotatoTV Enabled for VOD, you get your familiar channel numbering back (up to 500 anyway ...you do the rest), and you can copy the playlist to another device and use when you are not using your main system (use 1 at a time)
Cons to this method is new channels or changes to the lineup will not be updated, but you can add them yourself as I am tired of posting new Templates every month.
I separated the VOD so you have the option of using on say VLC or other program, or dont bother.
/kens

tokm
10-18-2017, 11:53 AM
I just did that and it worked. Thanks Ken. Hopefully PotatoTV will see this and add your EPG source to his setup to make this process a little easier.

ilan
10-18-2017, 02:03 PM
Thanks, Ken... This gives people another EPG resource. It is appreciated! :D

amazxplorer
10-19-2017, 12:50 PM
Thanks Ken the EPG works but when I switch to channel nothing happens. I am using Rocket and replace xportal with the rocket portal.

ilan
10-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Just to check: 1. Did you also replace xDonation with your donation number? 2. Did you do a Replace ALL in the text editor so every instance of xportal* and every instance of xdonation was replaced with your portal and donation particulars?

* Realize, too, that you are using Rocket, so you actually need to replace more than xportal. You'll need to do a Replace ALL for xportal.iptvprivateserver.tv and replace it with your Rocket portal, e.g., p1.iptvrocket.tv

Consult the Donation Checker for your portal assignment.

amazxplorer
10-19-2017, 02:00 PM
Just to check: 1. Did you also replace xDonation with your donation number? 2. Did you do a Replace ALL in the text editor so every instance of xportal and every instance of xdonation was replaced with your portal and donation particulars?

Yes I did replace All. Below example is what I have for 1 channel.

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="17468" tvg-name="ITV" tvg-logo="http://content.iptvprivateserver.tv/stalker_portal/misc/logos/240/759.png" group-title="Entertainments",ITV
hxxp://p1.iptvrocket.tv.iptvprivateserver.tv/live/xxxxx/xxxxx/170.ts (http://p1.iptvrocket.tv.iptvprivateserver.tv/live/xxxxx/xxxxx/170.ts)

I notice some forum said to support m3u I need to do IPTV reset and dont have any MAC assigned?

ilan
10-19-2017, 02:07 PM
You need to get rid of the iptvprivateserver.tv portion. That is only for an NFPS portal assignment. Thus, yours would look like this

hxxp://p1.iptvrocket.tv/live/xxxxx/xxxxx/170.ts

amazxplorer
10-19-2017, 02:09 PM
Thank you kindly sir.

kens
10-19-2017, 11:14 PM
Just to check: 1. Did you also replace xDonation with your donation number? 2. Did you do a Replace ALL in the text editor so every instance of xportal* and every instance of xdonation was replaced with your portal and donation particulars?

* Realize, too, that you are using Rocket, so you actually need to replace more than xportal. You'll need to do a Replace ALL for xportal.iptvprivateserver.tv and replace it with your Rocket portal, e.g., p1.iptvrocket.tv

Consult the Donation Checker for your portal assignment.

ilan,
Thanks for the additional info.
I did not know URL's for other Servers, but assumed Users would get the idea!
/kens

coyote1656
10-19-2017, 11:35 PM
Here is Updated Stuffed m3u Playlist Templates. It is for NFPS Portals, but you can modify yourself for any server address. (*You will get it !!)
All Languages
http://www.mediafire.com/file/98qgm5w4sdsdmrs/Template+stuffed+kensguide+TV+All+Lang+1017.m3u

English Only
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pr9yasmycdrdm5t/Template+stuffed+kensguide+TV+Eng+1017.m3u

VOD + TV Series Template
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b73i3uf3r1r9iau/Template+VODplus+1017.m3u

It is to replace the IPTV Simple Client Playlist generated by PotatoTV.
It is also for use with Playlist users using PVR IPTV Simple Client (standalone without PotatoTV), or any other Playlist Program/App.

It is Renumbered for Normal channel numbering TV (Sat.ID)

Approx. 30 channel ID's have been Added to Channels that had no channel ID's from NFPS

It is also Matched to my Playlist EPG Guide, so when using with IPTV Simple Client, you must also change the EPG Guide URL Address, from the guide source that you chose in PotatoTV.

***Use this URL for your Guide source -> hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_kens.xml
* Change hxxps: to https:

Open the Template with a text editor.
Find the Terms "xportal" and xdonation"
Replace All with your portal (NFPS is p1,p2,p3,p4 or p5) & your Donation#
Save file as anyname.m3u (plain txt file), as long as you can get to the file from KODI.

Go to Pvr IPTV Simple client settings
-Disable IPTV Simple Client,
-Change m3u Playlist file location to the new m3u file.
-Change EPG Guide URL Address to > hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/EPG/master/guide_kens.xml
*(Change hxxps to https)
-Save by OK (DONT ENABLE)
-Go to PVR&LiveTV Settings and Clear Data Cache
-Go back to IPTV Simple Client and Enable

Good luck
(It seems tedious but it is easy)
/kens
Pros to this method - You leave PotatoTV Enabled for VOD, you get your familiar channel numbering back (up to 500 anyway ...you do the rest), and you can copy the playlist to another device and use when you are not using your main system (use 1 at a time)
Cons to this method is new channels or changes to the lineup will not be updated, but you can add them yourself as I am tired of posting new Templates every month.
I separated the VOD so you have the option of using on say VLC or other program, or dont bother.
/kens

How do you open or install the template on a Firestick?

ilan
10-20-2017, 12:34 AM
It is a playlist that you load into a media player like IPTV Simple client, VLC, Perfect Player, etc. Thus, you install the player and set-up your donation to use a playlist and then modify the template to suit your server assignment and your donation number.

expatter
10-20-2017, 02:14 AM
It does sound like that would work, and it is good outside the box thinking. Let's have someone give us a report on that potential solution.

I don't use potato myself, but I did set it up and gave this a try and it worked. Of course it would, IDK why we'd think otherwise. Just as easy to do the settings yourself in Simple Client PVR Settings. The more users do for themselves, the better they learn and understand about KODI.

ilan
10-20-2017, 12:33 PM
I think if we were using it, we would have tried this or thought of this, but neither of us are using it now, so it didn't jump to the cerebral forefront.

...at least that's my excuse until I can come up with a better one. :)

dinkish
10-20-2017, 07:48 PM
I just wanted to post a quick thank you to Ken, I couldn't figure out why it stopped working this time. At the very least this is a simple work around and I wanted to take the time to say Thanks, it's much appreciated. Got my father's setup working right again!

Cheers guys.

kens
10-20-2017, 07:57 PM
FireTV Stick
- You need to install ES File Explorer from the appstore.
- You need to go to settings /device /developer options /unknown sources -ON /ADB debugging -ON
Do the Mod's on an extrenal computer.
Use ES File explorer on fireTV to import through your network from a file sharing enabled PC, your m3u playlist.
Also suggested in another Post, is to up & download to Google Drive or similar.

and... so true!
and... LOL!
ans... Glad to help!
/kens

rerun11
10-22-2017, 11:24 PM
Hi Ken I got it to work but i noticed in potato tv app in Setting it is on Viper 8690 as EPG Soarce do i leave this alone or do i change to provider otherwise it works either way thanks for the instructions and your help

ilan
10-23-2017, 12:20 AM
The EPG url that you added to IPTV Simple client overrides the Potato TV setting, so the Potato TV setting doesn't matter.

rerun11
10-23-2017, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the fast reply seems to work great and was super easy to setup only thing not working for me is the uk channels i think they are down at the moment possibly you could check

ilan
10-23-2017, 12:31 AM
They are down at the moment.

tokm
10-24-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or maybe time offsets but I've noticed that a lot of the channels in Ken's guide aren't playing what is shown in the listing. Is anyone aware of any other EPG sources that are maintained that we could try?

ilan
10-24-2017, 12:33 PM
I haven't used Ken's guide. Make sure all of your settings related to time are correct.

Here is another EPG source:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?33526-EPG-for-US-and-UK-Channels

FloFlow
10-25-2017, 02:12 AM
I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or maybe time offsets but I've noticed that a lot of the channels in Ken's guide aren't playing what is shown in the listing. Is anyone aware of any other EPG sources that are maintained that we could try?

I've noticed it. You can't use offset because so many are out of sync with each other. Coming off Stalker and xml, I do like this playlist style better though.

kens
10-25-2017, 04:59 PM
If you are in daylight savings, you need to add (+1)hour to the EPG Guide offset setting of Simple Client.
Disable iptv simple client, click configue, click EPG Settings/ put the focus on the EPG Offset slider and use Arrow key to increment by 1.0hrs.
*click - Apply timeshift to all channels.
Save settings but dont Enable yet.
go to System Settings /PVR&LiveTV -General tab-> Clear Data cache.
go back to PVR and Enable.\
/kens

godassassin
10-27-2017, 04:02 AM
thanks ken after setting this up kodi would freeze when opening tv or guide after rebooting like 3 times i got this working but i cant open the channel manager or group manager now. what could be preventing this?

kens
10-28-2017, 04:07 PM
When in the System settings sections, there are 4 levels of Access(Basic, default, advanced & Expert)
You switch between levels by clicking Settings tab (bottom left tab)
Set it to Expert to access all areas of the settings.

If that does not fix it, are you running Native KODI ("Real") or a Custom Build?.
Custom builds often have many features omitted.
...just FYI
/kens

rocket77
10-29-2017, 04:46 AM
Hey kens, 1st off, a big thanks for all the hard work. Guide is working, but when I select guide on the TV page everything looks great. My problem is that when I click the channel and choose switch it does nothing. Now if I go to the add-on and select guide it says to clear the cache and all that jazz. Can you help me please?

racfunky32
10-29-2017, 07:25 AM
Use this guide to find and replace in word.

https://www.gcflearnfree.org/word2016/using-find-and-replace/1/

For those that forgot how to do this :)

watson24
10-30-2017, 08:25 AM
Thanks, for Valuable information

expatter
10-31-2017, 09:32 PM
Hey kens, 1st off, a big thanks for all the hard work. Guide is working, but when I select guide on the TV page everything looks great. My problem is that when I click the channel and choose switch it does nothing. Now if I go to the add-on and select guide it says to clear the cache and all that jazz. Can you help me please?

In Kodi Settings >Live TV>Guide>Default select action...change to Switch to channel