PDA

View Full Version : User Feedback

a-team
05-21-2015, 06:07 PM
Hey so here at Avov we are trying our best to continue keeping our customers happy. We obviously aren't perfect, but we are trying to target our weaknesses and improve on them as any company should. We are looking for constructive feedback from any customers who have purchased a product from us. You can either pm me, message our Facebook group, or just reply on this thread. I will be raising all issues/concerns to the management team and we will do our best to address them. If you have a lot to say you can even give us a call :cool:. Please let us know of your thoughts about the device(s) and of Avov. Even if you have only bad or good things to say, we will still appreciate it. Also positive feedback on our Facebook page is always appreciated ;). So, let us know what you think!

https://www.facebook.com/avovtech

Capt.Kangaroo
05-21-2015, 07:04 PM
Love my Avov's...:D

kcos54
05-27-2015, 09:01 PM
Here is a suggestion away to move the apps around in the order you want them to show up.

a-team
05-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Here is a suggestion away to move the apps around in the order you want them to show up.

Do you mean like ordering your apps in "My Channel," because I like that idea. Thanks for the critique!

Marley
05-27-2015, 10:12 PM
look this company is saying help us get better the support for this box is great

kcos54
05-27-2015, 11:31 PM
Do you mean like ordering your apps in "My Channel," because I like that idea. Thanks for the critique!

Yes so in the my channel if I want say tv online first then next to it netflix and so on. :D

supaman32052
05-29-2015, 04:49 AM
i love the box .. but sometimes it get blocked from connecting .. as far as the tcv online goes .. i have to power down and back up a couple times.. overall im satified.. the quality isnt bad but if it was ever to be in the real hd.. it will be worth twice as much.. but im still happy .. i have caught a few that was in real hd .. i dont mind weathering the storm..its beats paying a monthly bill

Lowteck
05-29-2015, 02:52 PM
I notices that most of the movie apps except 1.channel and movie25 run audio and video out of sink real bad. Installed Kodi and the same apps and they run under Kodi. Got mine yesterday, still learning what to do.

a-team
05-29-2015, 03:14 PM
I notices that most of the movie apps except 1.channel and movie25 run audio and video out of sink real bad. Installed Kodi and the same apps and they run under Kodi. Got mine yesterday, still learning what to do.

That's actually a codex issue we are aware of. The devs at Mickyhop are coming out with a fix for it very very soon. Keep your eyes peeled for an update, it should fix those issues. I appreciate the concern though, its actually one of the top priorities for them right now.

a-team
05-29-2015, 03:25 PM
i love the box .. but sometimes it get blocked from connecting .. as far as the tcv online goes .. i have to power down and back up a couple times.. overall im satified.. the quality isnt bad but if it was ever to be in the real hd.. it will be worth twice as much.. but im still happy .. i have caught a few that was in real hd .. i dont mind weathering the storm..its beats paying a monthly bill

Thanks for the feed back. The box actually supports full 1080p video. If you decide to load a movie onto it that you know is in high quality you should be able to see for yourself. The quality of the streams have a big effect on the picture quality (remember its not always the box. There are some stuff that we can do on our end to improve the quality as well. Our research team in South Korea is actually in charge of doing that kind of stuff and they are actively working on figuring those logistics out. I appreciate the comment though, feel free to give us some more feedback we love hearing from the community.

Marley
05-29-2015, 03:33 PM
one thing is when i boot up the box it takes long time before my remote works on the my channel screen few mins but after that it works should say something

a-team
05-29-2015, 03:42 PM
one thing is when i boot up the box it takes long time before my remote works on the my channel screen few mins but after that it works

Yes there does seem to be some sort of strange delay. I believe the delay increases as more apps are in the my channels area (perhaps some sort of optimization issue). I notice when you have a few apps the delay is pretty minimal. None the less I will be adding the issue to our records. Thanks for raising it to our attention.

Ipguy
05-29-2015, 05:01 PM
The Avov TV online Work great for me but if you can add some more apps that would be highly appreciated
By all the user of this product.

theone
05-29-2015, 05:03 PM
I would love to see the 24/7 app back as I missed some of the shows that I used to watch.

a-team
05-29-2015, 06:24 PM
The Avov TV online Work great for me but if you can add some more apps that would be highly appreciated
By all the user of this product.

We actually had a few people reach out to tell us this exact thing (resellers too). Keep your eye out for an update in the following week or so, major update coming to the TVOnline boxes. One of the features is like you asked for, more apps!! ;)

a-team
05-29-2015, 06:25 PM
I would love to see the 24/7 app back as I missed some of the shows that I used to watch.

Added it to the wishlist :)

Ipguy
05-29-2015, 08:07 PM
Thanks David I appreciate your quick response.

Lowteck
05-29-2015, 11:52 PM
That's actually a codex issue we are aware of. The devs at Mickyhop are coming out with a fix for it very very soon. Keep your eyes peeled for an update, it should fix those issues. I appreciate the concern though, its actually one of the top priorities for them right now.

Thanks, I really like the AVOV products and was only stating what I did to help make the 2 better, not a criticism at all. Thanks for a fine product!

guitarzan
05-30-2015, 04:17 AM
I'm loving my Vixo2 so far. The Kodi app works really well. The wishlist for me would be the MediaBrowser EMBY and HDHomerun apps. They work on other Android TV boxes like M8 and FireTV. I would think they would be pretty easy to port over. Keep up the good work. Thanks!

moskivb
05-30-2015, 02:10 PM
This box has a closed platform which means you will get what is available in the mickyhop, also the kodi is presented as an app so you will get the version in the mickyhop only and not the one of your desire, no browser and no google store, in my opinion this box is way overpriced but also the construction of the hardware is very cheap. After 2 day of testing sold it out.

Marley
05-30-2015, 07:39 PM
well sorry to hear that run my box every day now

793bob
05-31-2015, 04:34 AM
I am new to Iptv and my first purchase was a mag254 a few weeks ago and now the vixo 2.the construction I find the mag built of better quality remote and unit housing.the vixo 2 the HDMI is really hard to push in.ease of use the vixo 2 is very easy to use.i have not had a chance to try kodi yet.between the two boxes this evening on the same channel the Avov would freeze and the mag would not.antoher point the Avov seems hard to connect with comes up blocked by server a lot .for the price right now the mag would win.

Marley
05-31-2015, 04:50 AM
see i would say the other way avov2 runs better then mag for me hdmi part they are working on that and for me the remote works great for kodi dont need buy one for that the mag for me is slow as heck works but so slow and the interface i dont like

Ipguy
05-31-2015, 05:42 AM
Avov TV online

Icefilm,Hulu plus are not working

moskivb
05-31-2015, 12:27 PM
Avov TV online is clone of MAG 250 (used MAGs - vendor digits # 00:1A:79:xx:xx:xx) and put you in a double depending on what the AVOV servers and original app developers will do. If avov server is out of service, but app is OK you will never get picture of it.
That is also the situation with all of AVOV products tested by myself. Maybe it's time AVOVs coders to have a own products , not just copies of existing one. For the cost of Avov 2 you can bay a good android TV box - 4GB RAM / 32GB ROM with much better processor and you will see the differences.

K00lKatT
05-31-2015, 01:25 PM
the avov uses stalker middleware which is proprietary of infomir, that is why the first 3 octets are same as infomir...

moskivb
05-31-2015, 01:47 PM
Yes, they have nothing own work only clone of existing developments and try to make you a slave to their server.

K00lKatT
05-31-2015, 01:57 PM
It's NOT a matter of cloning or slavery..it's a legal issue, thks. It's more of an issue of giving credit where it's due..

moskivb
05-31-2015, 02:04 PM
If you want to tell me that the clone is better than the original , I can not agree with you .

K00lKatT
05-31-2015, 02:08 PM
and I'm sorry you are so misinformed...my post stands as written...check your facts pls..

moskivb
05-31-2015, 02:34 PM
AVOV is unused for a stalker portals with high level of security that has their own custom firmware to prevent unauthorized access. It reacted in the same manner as the emulator and can not download the custom firmware.

K00lKatT
05-31-2015, 02:56 PM
avov has legally used the proprietary firmware known as stalker middleware and developed by infomir..they have paid for the legal rights. Their is no cloning or slavery, it's much the same as any android box using xbmc/Kodi, which although is free and open source also holds legal rights to the name xbmc or Kodi. No difference, if there's any slavery it's iptv which forces users to use their firmware for access...this case is closed, thks..

moskivb
05-31-2015, 03:07 PM
Stalker Middleware is free and updates regularly. Numerous new functions can be set up through the open source code.

http://www.infomir.eu/eng/solutions/free-middleware-stalker/

dara
05-31-2015, 03:47 PM
The middleware is free, but the clients (avov, infomir (mag), STBemu, Kodi add-ons) are developed independently. The only correlation is the middleware.

Looper
05-31-2015, 05:44 PM
my avov vix0 2 is really slow in channel changing when on the live channels, compared to my mag 254, will there be any fix coming for this? thanks for any reply.

Lowteck
05-31-2015, 07:06 PM
It has been said that informer, the distributor of the Mag 254 wrote the stalker middleware. Being this, they know the hidden calls in the software that AVOV or other users. As the others learn all the hidden calls they will work as fast. Give the other boxes a chance to learn these calls. Its like Microsoft was with their early Windows. They knew all the undocumented or hidden calls. As other developers discovered these calls they became as powerful of software as the Microsoft software. Developers of original software always have the advantage at first. I have faith in the AVOV team.

Ipguy
06-01-2015, 12:15 AM
I have to say I am not too impressed with the mickeyhop store,I expected a lot more
especially when the product doesn't offer the Google play store,some apps doesn't work,
app like icefilms have captcha problem,I am glad I only purchase the Avov TV online and
not the $200 systems,that's just my opinion anyway.

crazy carl
06-01-2015, 02:27 AM
I like the idea of this box, i just think there are some shortfalls that need to be addressed. It will come in time I`m sure but those who have paid the 199.00 plus there applicable shipping might be a bit frustrated. I know in the great white north they are asking $20 dollars more and thats not including shipping, so now your up to roughly 240-250 dollars. That`s a fair chunk of change, can speak for anyone else but i will definitely be waiting for a solid sale price or a decrease in price over time before trying it out

Marley
06-01-2015, 03:11 AM
no way look at our banner http://justandroidtv.com/collections/android-tv/products/avov-vixo-2?variant=2882252161

crazy carl
06-01-2015, 12:15 PM
no way look at our banner http://justandroidtv.com/collections/android-tv/products/avov-vixo-2?variant=2882252161

Hilarious well hey that was quick, happy to see it

a-team
06-01-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm loving my Vixo2 so far. The Kodi app works really well. The wishlist for me would be the MediaBrowser EMBY and HDHomerun apps. They work on other Android TV boxes like M8 and FireTV. I would think they would be pretty easy to port over. Keep up the good work. Thanks!

Added to the wishlist :)

a-team
06-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Avov TV online

Icefilm,Hulu plus are not working

Thanks for the heads up. I will push that information over to the Mickyhop Devs.

a-team
06-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Stalker Middleware is free and updates regularly. Numerous new functions can be set up through the open source code.

http://www.infomir.eu/eng/solutions/free-middleware-stalker/

I have read over your other comments and I'm sorry that you feel that way. Every one is entitled to their own opinion and I appreciate your criticism. Just some things I thought you should know about. As said before Avov has licensing for the stalker middle ware that we use. We have a slightly modified version but we still license from Infomir. For this reason that is why the MAC address is linked to them. However, we are coming up with our own middle ware solution :). We have been developing it for some time but isn't close to being released yet. We also do not clone or enslave anybody/anything. We are our own brand and have our own manufacturer and research team. Practically everybody in this business is using Infomirs stalker middle ware but as I said, we are in the works of making our own. Hope I cleared things up.

theone
06-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Thanks David for the information. Please do take your time as is with all software, they need to go through a lot of testing, which most people don't seem to understand.

Ipguy
06-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Thank you David for your quick response

starRyder
06-01-2015, 11:28 PM
global tv does not load channels on version 2 however it works on version 1.

a-team
06-02-2015, 04:25 PM
global tv does not load channels on version 2 however it works on version 1.

Yeah just tested it out, looks like some sort of an issue with the app. Will forward that information over to the Mickyhop Devs, thanks for the heads up.

K00lKatT
06-02-2015, 04:49 PM
would like to see the avov's able to keep up with date and time even while in stand by, thks. gets tiresome to hard boot each time to use with correct time, date for epg

a-team
06-02-2015, 04:54 PM
would like to see the avov's able to keep up with date and time even while in stand by, thks. gets tiresome to hard boot each time to use with correct time, date for epg

Is this an issue found on all all of your devices or just a specific model? Because that is something the Devs would most certainty want to look into and fix.

K00lKatT
06-02-2015, 05:08 PM
I can only say for the tvonline for sure...

Switchon
06-02-2015, 05:24 PM
The VIXO1 has the same issue in standby mode it looses time, but if you hold down power button on the remote for 1-2 seconds a popup will appear where you can select reboot. After the reboot the time will be corrected.

One other thing if you go into Time settings you will find that Eastern and Atlantic times are both GMT - 4hrs, so if you need Atlantic you have to set it to Montevideo or something on GMT - 3hrs!!

K00lKatT
06-02-2015, 05:27 PM
I don't believe the tvonline has that feature, holding p button gives a diff menu..either way it's still an inconvenience to have to reboot

Switchon
06-02-2015, 05:40 PM
I think it's just an oversight with the system programming? It appears that the device drops the connection to the internet in standby mode, which is good, but fails to re-establish the correct time on reconnection. I could be wrong but it looks like the internal clock just continues again from the time it was when the box last dropped the Internet connection?

K00lKatT
06-02-2015, 05:47 PM
I believe you are correct...

a-team
06-02-2015, 05:49 PM
I can only say for the tvonline for sure...

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to be looking into it myself but I'm going to forward that information over. In general if you have app issues you may want to start posting those in the new Mickyhop subtopic. One of the devs has made an account and checks back there from time to time.

K00lKatT
06-02-2015, 05:55 PM
I believe you'll find this to be a box issue not an app issue, thks...

a-team
06-02-2015, 06:05 PM
I believe you'll find this to be a box issue not an app issue, thks...

Yeah you are probably right. I forwarded the information to the developers anyway, they will know more about how to go about and fix it.

revoltas
06-05-2015, 06:49 PM
I got my avov2 after a small shipping problem and I am very happy with my purchase $200 seemed like a lot but now that I have it and it's up and running it's well worth it the set up was easy I had a little trouble setting up kodi because the video on YouTube was old it had the helix program it worked but not very well I have the latest version now and it works great I would and will recommend this product to anyone that watches tv

a-team
06-05-2015, 08:12 PM
I got my avov2 after a small shipping problem and I am very happy with my purchase $200 seemed like a lot but now that I have it and it's up and running it's well worth it the set up was easy I had a little trouble setting up kodi because the video on YouTube was old it had the helix program it worked but not very well I have the latest version now and it works great I would and will recommend this product to anyone that watches tv

Glad to hear you like the product revoltas. Yeah Kodi can be a pain to set up without any previous knowledge but there should be tons of content on how to do it online. Thanks for the feedback!

steemer
06-08-2015, 04:48 PM
The only complaint i have about AVOV VIX01/02 is that they don't come with any paper instructions for box or remote. I don't need them, but i purchase them for other people once in awhile that do need them. Other than that, i really like the product.

a-team
06-08-2015, 07:18 PM
The only complaint i have about AVOV VIX01/02 is that they don't come with any paper instructions for box or remote. I don't need them, but i purchase them for other people once in awhile that do need them. Other than that, i really like the product.

Yes we are actually working on that! All of our documentation will be provided online but we shall be providing some sort of note / handout for people to see after they get their box. Hopefully we see that roll out for our new boxes soon enough.

K00lKatT
06-25-2015, 02:42 PM
curious why there's no mention of the latest tvonline update in either the avov blog or mickyhop forum???...also would like to know when the time/date prob will be addressed, thks..

Marley
06-25-2015, 03:32 PM
see on avov2 i dont get that works great cant tell you on avov1 or tv online box but will check it out on avov2 it says bad time till it hits the internet then changes that i get

K00lKatT
06-25-2015, 03:39 PM
not changing on tvonline, can't say about vixo1...after connecting just starts date/time from last time used..

Marley
06-25-2015, 04:09 PM
yea see what you mean need to reset it again on avov1

Marley
06-25-2015, 04:51 PM
after the new update box is running better thanks for that tv-online is only as good as what they send out so a C on that would like to update my kodi but you need to do that kodi on box for video smooth play and apps running good on that give it A now dont know if its the box or app but sometime click on movie and it plays but the setup picture stays and you need to go to main page and tell it to go to full screen get this a few times just to let you know if i had money would buy a few more saving pennies now would like you to add 4k to next model or is it just a update thanks been reading i need new hdmi cable for 4k

a-team
06-25-2015, 06:34 PM
We are getting to many problems with the way the date/time works right now so we are coming up with a new system entirely. Right now the weather date system is based off of your ISP location and there are some issues that step from it. We will be implementing a different format where you select your location and the way it goes about to handle date/time as well should change.

793bob
06-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Since I took the last update I have no peg at all.somes channels voice out of sync no and then .otherwise happy with the box.

a-team
06-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Really? We haven't pushed the update yet for the Live TV so that code is all the same... are you sure its not with the server? Could you tell me what channels you experience this with?

793bob
06-25-2015, 07:57 PM
No epg on any channels.

Marley
06-25-2015, 09:38 PM
ok now i have problem with the box remote is not working on ok button when a movie comes on from any app from kodi the move works but the ok button will not so cant pause it just wont work back button will so got to reboot boot never happen till the update am i the only one getting this tested it on other android boxes and don't have that problem been having problem lately with the remote control buttons like i said am i the only one and yes change batteries

Marley
06-26-2015, 06:03 AM
just update still ok dont work i get 3 files fail that i dont know from what pops up one at time

djensen9367
06-26-2015, 07:14 AM
the unit has potential as long as you don't watch the lips move, i can't even get netflix to sync - everything else works ok
i am sure this can be fixed but right now it is useless if you like your sound to sync

input80
06-26-2015, 07:38 AM
anything in particular where your ok button is not working asft? Mine appears to be working

Marley
06-26-2015, 02:24 PM
any move i pick when i want to stop the movie the button work or and sometimes all dont work just stated after update 3 files pop up saying file dont have time to tell you which ones right now got to go to eye doctor will be blind for few hours

Marley
06-26-2015, 02:27 PM
nothing is wrong with movies or anything like that and blue lite on front of box clicks on and off just the remote stops on me like i said will say more it could be me or box dont know right now but getting worse

a-team
06-26-2015, 03:26 PM
That's really strange I think you are the only one to experience this issue so far. Try a factory reset? Perhaps the update didn't install properly and you run into some system errors because of it.

Marley
06-26-2015, 07:05 PM
i'm running the 106 update its messing with my keyboard and box help

a-team
06-26-2015, 07:24 PM
We will be releasing 1.0.6 tonight for everybody. If anyone is currently on 1.0.6 and getting similar issues, perform a factory data reset tomorrow in the morning and your problems should be resolved. If you still experience them, report it ASAP. Then that means it is an issue with the firmware.