PDA

View Full Version : Cannot acess resolution in rear portal ?

boakon
05-18-2015, 02:39 AM
When will they fix the mag so it is user friendly.Problem:When you put the Mag 254 on different TVs you get locked out of the rear portal. Example: when you take it off a high DEF TV and go to a CRT standard definition TV the rear portal is not assessable.You have to take the mag back to the hi def TV and set it to 480 on the rear portal.Then you can take and watch it in standard definition flawlessly. I like looking at the mag on a standard def TV better than the high def TV.This is real problem trying to watch the fight from one tv to another.If you have a newer HD TV made after 2013 the problem does not even arise.But when you go to older models of TVs you better have a ride back to the TV you can set the screen resolution on.Because the mag wont show or is not able to adjust from one TV to different Tvs.

frostycold
05-18-2015, 04:03 AM
Why don't you put into 480p BEFORE you take it from Hif Def to a CRT? That way, when you plug it back in, you won;t have an issue. Seems simple enough.

boakon
05-18-2015, 04:38 AM
That only works if you are going from Hd To CRT.But going from a new 2015 HDTV to older HD TVs gets rough. I took the box over her house and she had an older HDTV plugged in the mag and nothing.With luck I did not have to go home. She has a new monitor.I plugged the mag into the monitor the picture came in perfectly. I lowered the resolution to 720.Then I put the mag back on the 55 inch it finally showed.Some TVs show on pal 720. Can this be corrected ?The resolution menu in the rear portal needs to be aces sable on all resolutions.

DarkSide
05-18-2015, 04:50 AM
Read through this if you haven't already

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?530-how-to-reset-your-box

boakon
05-22-2015, 04:27 AM
See the issue is not to reset the box all together. It is to access the video with out resetting the entire image.Being able to access the rear portal menu regardless of what resolution the mag was set to.

Marley
05-22-2015, 05:44 AM
maybe email them and ask that i see where your coming from

soldertech24
05-22-2015, 10:02 AM
How are you connecting the box to a crt ?

theuduk
05-22-2015, 11:12 AM
New mag254 are set at 480 so if you put on that res should work on any tv just like a new one.