PDA

View Full Version : VOD inconsistencies and recommendations

xplosive2023
05-17-2015, 09:36 PM
I could not help but notice the lack of a set standard for the Video Club Vod service. I understand that this is all beta but it quite worrisome that the team is still uploading titles that are all over the map in quality and screen format regularly.

I see a ton of titles that are either Chinese subbed or in a wacky screen format like 4:3 (*cough* furious 7 *cough*.

This is not a post I wanted to make. However, being a NFPS team 'fanboy' I felt like someone had to say something and that it should be someone that generally cares about the teams venture into a new platform.

My recommendations for the IPTV team are the following

Set a standard for yourself by

Splitting the VOD section into three groupings

1 - In Theatres
Scene releases that are still currently playing in theatres or are out of theatres and nearing the first commercial release window.
IE Telecine releases, DVD screeners, Bluray screeners... no CAMS please!
This section would have to be monitored and modified regularly as movies would have to be removed as they move into retail release.

2 - English
This section should be strictly retail release Bluray 1080p rips at high bitrates
the month and the year should correlate with the retail disc release date and not upload date.

3 - Espanol
Same standard as above but in Espanol.

More sections like TV Shows would be the extra icing on the cake.

If their is anyway in which I can help I am willing to do so and I am sure many others here would do the same.

Thank you NFPS team for all of your hard work and dedication, we're all cheering for you.

dara
05-17-2015, 10:00 PM
I'd prefer NFPS/Rocket focus on Live TV as there are much better options for video on demand elsewhere. There's nothing wrong with offering them, and they are nice to have, it just may not be worth their effort.

xplosive2023
05-17-2015, 10:09 PM
I'd prefer NFPS/Rocket focus on Live TV as there are much better options for video on demand elsewhere. There's nothing wrong with offering them, and they are nice to have, it just may not be worth their effort.

I think many would agree that it is not a trade off.

big dady
05-17-2015, 10:30 PM
I agree with dara on this one. Live tv should be the only thing they should be focusing on

Marley
05-17-2015, 10:52 PM
its like 50 50 thing some want it others dont not all know how to get movies

DarkSide
05-17-2015, 11:09 PM

thats true!! not everyone knows how to get the 'goods' that are being offered out there

MikeLDN
05-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Sometimes it's not about knowing it's just the convenience of being there available.

I know how to get most of the content, but sometimes not having to go to a PC to do it and then have it available is good. Also we sometimes need to have things offered for us to look at them, when I search the web i tend to know what I want to downlod so I just download it, but there are other titles I could be interested in if I stumble upon them.

Having said that, I would personally prefer to have a Catch-Up service of the channels and not VOD, but also having said that, I also like VOD as an option.

Live TV is my main interest and I think everyone elses here, but VOD is also interesting.

DualTest
05-18-2015, 03:16 PM

That is actually the basis for paid IPTV really. Either people don't know how to or don't want to search for the channels or movies online for free. And will pay for them to be all in one place, a click away.

theuduk
05-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Tvonline gives normal iptv fare and has the option of getting movies and TV recordings from the apps, having the Genre and Search features is also helpful, wife and grow daughter with own kids love that part and also watch the live channels will see how they go on that when service does another ramp up.