PDA

View Full Version : Audio Very Low

tonyrv
07-15-2017, 07:59 PM
I have a Mag 254 box, with 3 subscriptions from 3 different suppliers, the 1st subscription is on portal 1 and has no audio/sound issues.
But the others on portal 2 & 3 the audio is extremely low, i go into the inner portal and the audio is set to the maximum 100
I`ve contacted both suppliers, but they say that everything is fine their end!! i`m at a loss, i`ve been into the bios, and reset to factory defaults, but no joy, is there a setting for the audio in each portal?
I even changed the address in portal 1 to portal 2 & vice versa, but then portal 2 was fine & portal 1 wasn`t, any help or suggestions would be greatly received, thanks.

jafo
07-16-2017, 04:08 PM
"I even changed the address in portal 1 to portal 2 & vice versa, but then portal 2 was fine & portal 1 wasn't"
You pretty much just answered your own question.....
Sounds like providers 2 and 3 are sending at a much lower volume.
What happens when you load provider 1 into slot 3 ? I bet it works okay.
Just my thoughts.
Hope you get to the bottom of it.
Good luck and happy viewing,
Jafo

tonyrv
07-17-2017, 08:26 PM
Thanks Jafo for your thoughts, i actually found out what the problem was around 10 mins ago, it was all to do with the Mag remote. it was setup for my tv, but for some reason it wouldn`t reset when i pressed the setup & ok button, so when i pressed the volume on the mag remote, it was actually using the tv volume and not the box. i used a different mag remote and hey presto it worked!!! the volume was set to around 5 but using the remote i was able to set it up to maximum 100. So each portal/subscription has it`s own individual volume settings, which sadly is set very low.
I hope this all makes sense. Thanks for your help.
Tony.

meezer
07-17-2017, 08:56 PM
hookup to home stereo

jafo
07-18-2017, 12:39 AM
Glad you got to the bottom of it.
I didn't know the different portals had different volume settings.
I've not run into that problem myself. Interesting to know.