PDA

View Full Version : Low voice on MAG 254

kvpassel
05-30-2017, 12:00 PM
Hi all,I recently installed my MAG254 box and noticed that the voice audio is quite low in comparison to the background volume (music, cars, ...).

Is this a know issue? Are there any fixes for it?

Some additional information:
* I'm using the lastest (none-beta) firmware
* Connected to a Sony Bravia 50W656

The Bravia has a great "speech zoom" functionality available when connected to my laptop.However, it doesn't offer this functionality when connected to the MAG254 :( (switching HDMI ports doesn't help)

Rinny
05-30-2017, 01:18 PM
Your Mag Voulme up? Blue should be full top left corner..If so its your TV..Because nothing wrong with the Mag volume..

kvpassel
05-30-2017, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the tip but I've already tried that.

The difference is very distinct when comparing the same stream (ntv.mx) played via the laptop and played via the MAG.
On the laptop conversations are very understandable and background sounds like explosions or factory noise don't overwhelm you.
On the MAG the same background sounds are so loud they impose you to hear the ongoing conversations. If you increase the volume you can understand the conversations but you need to reduce the volume every time there's an action scene going on.

I assume part of it is due to the fact that the television can auto adjust the volume when using the laptop.
Ideally I would be able to use this functionality when using the MAG as well (or something similar installed on the MAG itself).