PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Shield 4K Streaming

Kimbo
05-09-2017, 03:42 PM
The Nvidia Shield box is one of the better ways to get 4K content onto a 4K TV, and it just added another source: you can now stream 4K movies and TV from Google Play.

4K is now very much at the heart of NVIDIA’s Shield TV. As I mentioned above, it now supports 4K Google Cast. On top of this, however, it is also the only Android TV media streamer that supports Amazon Video in 4K.

Here is a 4K chart:

https://s14.postimg.org/arablsjld/4k-_Competitive-_Chart.jpg

crazy carl
05-09-2017, 05:08 PM
The Nvidia Shield box is one of the better ways to get 4K content onto a 4K TV, and it just added another source: you can now stream 4K movies and TV from Google Play.

4K is now very much at the heart of NVIDIA’s Shield TV. As I mentioned above, it now supports 4K Google Cast. On top of this, however, it is also the only Android TV media streamer that supports Amazon Video in 4K.

Here is a 4K chart:

https://s14.postimg.org/arablsjld/4k-_Competitive-_Chart.jpg

Do you have one yourself Laser.. Been trying to find even and older one used for a descent price is like fishing for nessy

Kimbo
05-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Yes and it is all is advertised to be, bought on Amazon! I have seen more the 50 videos on it and tens of reviews on it too.

crazy carl
05-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Yeah it looks like a real gem..heard Perfect player abd stb emulator run silky smooth on shields some say even better then stb due to the specs and setting tweaks

Kimbo
05-09-2017, 07:08 PM
thanks, I will check it out!!

gmac2
05-09-2017, 10:43 PM
Yeah it looks like a real gem..heard Perfect player abd stb emulator run silky smooth on shields some say even better then stb due to the specs and setting tweaks
i can't comment too much on the perfect player/stb emulator on the shield.but,kodi and spmc both play extremely well on mine. i have watched probably 20 4k movies thru spmc without a hiccup at all and i only have 25mbps download dsl and a 55" 4k inexpensive tv. i too have thought about trying the stb emulator on it,but,it's running fairly decent on my mibox 3 when the service is good. I'm not bashing the service it just seems that i can watch a channel somedays for hours without a problem then during the 4th hour,it freezes or blanks out til i channel up/down. I fo love the nvidia shield that i have though and do most of my watching on that.

Kimbo
05-09-2017, 10:49 PM
i can't comment too much on the perfect player/stb emulator on the shield.but,kodi and spmc both play extremely well on mine. i have watched probably 20 4k movies thru spmc without a hiccup at all and i only have 25mbps download dsl and a 55" 4k inexpensive tv. i too have thought about trying the stb emulator on it,but,it's running fairly decent on my mibox 3 when the service is good. I'm not bashing the service it just seems that i can watch a channel somedays for hours without a problem then during the 4th hour,it freezes or blanks out til i channel up/down. I fo love the nvidia shield that i have though and do most of my watching on that.

All i can say the movies and shows in Kodi load super fast and a crisp picture. All the apps and games for the love of god. I will do a full review once my 4K tv arrives.

Marley
05-09-2017, 11:16 PM
no that will be a whole new story when you get 4k tv lots bs out there