PDA

View Full Version : New T1 Plus questions / problems

AeonFlux
04-12-2017, 07:20 PM
T1 came today. Lit it right up. I connected it to my wifi. It wanted a firmware update, so I let it go do that.
The update seemed to work just fine but then it would no longer let me turn on my wifi. Bummer.
I hooked it up hardwired and that worked just fine as DHCP.
Then I got onto the marketplace an downloaded DOL.
That worked just fine.
I got my MAC off of the DOL screen and set that into my provider's website.
Then I set up my server on the T1... Bazinga! Worked just fine. Well, not quite. I had to putz with the buffer. Then it worked great.

1. What is wrong with the wifi? It set up perfectly fine the first time and ran like a raped ape.
After the update, it would not turn on and stay on.

2. Kodi 16.1 - Should I even bother downloading it?

3. How to Record?

Thanks.

aditaya12
04-12-2017, 10:56 PM
1. Please factory reset the box that will solve wifi issue.
2. Lots of apps are still working on 16.1 so there is no harm to download or simply download SPMC and that will work flawlessly on T1 Plus box
3. You can only record live TV at the moment, simply plug in USB stick and press record and choose your drive.

AeonFlux
04-13-2017, 02:13 PM
For Factory reset I hook up wireless keyboard and mouse to make this a lot easier. Works great.
Had to reload everything, start from scratch.
That did get the wifi back up.
I went back to the marketplace. Kodi 16.1 was gone.
There was a new Kodi menu selection. In that section was Jarvis build 25.
Maybe I will hold off a while and see how this shakes out.
Looks like Dreamlink is working the problem. I will give them some time to get it working.

Things in T1 Plus are working differently. I wonder if the regular T1 functions changed too?

Record works ok so far.

Thank you for your reply.

floder2
04-13-2017, 05:35 PM
The new Jarvis build 25 (FTMC) is equivalent to Kodi 17.1 ........Try it..................

AeonFlux
04-14-2017, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the tip.

What is Clairvoyance? It looks like it has the Dreamlink logo on it.

floder2
04-14-2017, 11:35 PM
Clairvoyance is a Kodi Skin............................Nothing to do with Dreamlink

lousk
04-17-2017, 05:28 AM
AeonFlux, is the Wi-Fi on your DLT1Plus working fine now or are you still having issues with it? The reason why I'm asking is because mine is not quite watchable on Wi-Fi, constant buffering. It works fine with Cat5 (hooked up temporarily). Do you think the STB is defective?

AeonFlux
04-17-2017, 12:43 PM
No. Not a STB problem. Its a bigger wi-fi issue. To do correct media requires a rock solid 3MPS connect to your router over wi-fi with strong signal and no NAKs. That is very difficult to get with single-band wi-fi in any typical house with typical wi-fi traffic all around you. It is solidly doable with dual-band wi-fi, but that is not what is in the STB. Easily doable over a hard wired ethernet connection. Same rule applies to all boxes equally. None of them do well over wi-fi. I just gave up a while ago and ran the ethernet cable to where I needed it. I have no problems running any box hard wired now.

lousk
04-17-2017, 01:13 PM
No. Not a STB problem. Its a bigger wi-fi issue. To do correct media requires a rock solid 3MPS connect to your router over wi-fi with strong signal and no NAKs. That is very difficult to get with single-band wi-fi in any typical house with typical wi-fi traffic all around you. It is solidly doable with dual-band wi-fi, but that is not what is in the STB. Easily doable over a hard wired ethernet connection. Same rule applies to all boxes equally. None of them do well over wi-fi. I just gave up a while ago and ran the ethernet cable to where I needed it. I have no problems running any box hard wired now.

Get that - nothing beats hardwired - yet my Internet tier is 25/2 constant, cable modem, RT-AC68U (dual-band) router, 10' away from the following STBs:
{tested}
(2) MAG254 using Cisco WUSB600N (dual-band) zero buffering
(1) Dreamlink T1 hardly buffering
(1) Dreamlink T1 Plus hardly watchable

****That's what I don't get.

veronicas
04-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Possible issues will likely be:

1. There is a software bug that needs to be patched
2. The WiFi chipset (ex. Ap6330) may be a more sluggish one. Just because it says "wireless N" or "AC", doesn't mean its gonna perform the same as the next wireless N or AC device that has a different chipset. I don't know which specific chipset is used in the T1plus.

I'm betting on #1, so hang tight for a future update. The box is only a few weeks old, so it's totally normal for there to be some stuff that needs to be patched/updated.

Cheers

aditaya12
04-18-2017, 02:28 AM
Get that - nothing beats hardwired - yet my Internet tier is 25/2 constant, cable modem, RT-AC68U (dual-band) router, 10' away from the following STBs:
{tested}
(2) MAG254 using Cisco WUSB600N (dual-band) zero buffering
(1) Dreamlink T1 hardly buffering
(1) Dreamlink T1 Plus hardly watchable

****That's what I don't get.

Do you have any WIFI dongle laying around ? Plug in to one of the USB port and then connect with WIFI and let me know the results. Lets assume for the argument sake that the WIFI chip is bad then this WIFI dongle should work.

aditaya12
04-18-2017, 02:31 AM
Possible issues will likely be:

1. There is a software bug that needs to be patched
2. The WiFi chipset (ex. Ap6330) may be a more sluggish one. Just because it says "wireless N" or "AC", doesn't mean its gonna perform the same as the next wireless N or AC device that has a different chipset. I don't know which specific chipset is used in the T1plus.

I'm betting on #1, so hang tight for a future update. The box is only a few weeks old, so it's totally normal for there to be some stuff that needs to be patched/updated.

Cheers

It cant be bug as I have tested multiple boxes and every box connects with WIFI without any problem. It might be the bad lemon.