PDA

View Full Version : EPG is not working

PDK1
02-22-2017, 05:41 AM
I noticed that my MAG254 had autoupdated to r-17 this morning.
This seems to have fixed an issue I have had with subtitles on HD tv channels.
However I see that now the EPG is not working!
Anbody else with this problem and hopefully a solution?

voodoo
03-02-2017, 11:42 PM
I noticed that my MAG254 had autoupdated to r-17 this morning.
This seems to have fixed an issue I have had with subtitles on HD tv channels.
However I see that now the EPG is not working!
Anbody else with this problem and hopefully a solution?

HI PDK my EPG hasn't worked either since the upgrade I get channels 0 to 9

quatro4u
03-13-2017, 07:08 PM
HI PDK my EPG hasn't worked either since the upgrade I get channels 0 to 9

I get the 0 to 9 epg thing also

Anybody find a solution for this? Tried downgrading to r14 then r11 and still not working

Bkman2020
03-13-2017, 07:43 PM
epg works i had changed to new url.

voodoo
03-14-2017, 01:13 AM
epg works i had changed to new url.

Thanks Bkman for the reply I entered the new url and did a reset also but still I get the same thing my epg gose from 0 to 9

geevee
03-15-2017, 03:50 PM
There is also an odd EPG issue.
When you tab through each channel it shows the info that's playing but if you hit the "I" info button
most of the channel info disappears and does not show channel info.
It also shows channel number 0-9 on every page which means you cannot select any channels to view.
This means you have to tab through each channel to know what is playing on that channel.
These issues only started when the new update was installed.
I wish they would go back to the previous version which was working great.

Bkman2020
03-15-2017, 07:24 PM
i think its setup for whats playing next in the next 2 hrs only i could be wrong.

zanunz
03-23-2017, 09:21 PM
Mine epg is an hour ahead. The time is correct, so not sure what i need to change. I have updated but same thing.

acollins
06-22-2017, 03:21 PM
It seems a rare number of users are having this MAG254 EPG problem where the guide displays incorrect programming info and the channel numbers are listed as 0 to 9 on every page in the EPG instead of the actual channel numbers.

I've attempted the following to correct this:

IPTV Reset
Portal change
firmware upgrade (R10 to R14)
Factory reset through the BIOS (at which point the firmware was further upgraded to R19)

None of these things worked. The EPG is still incorrect and still displays channel numbers 0-9 on every page of the guide.

In the past couple weeks I subscribed to 1-day trials of two other IPTV services. With one of these the EPG worked like it should. On the other service I had the same issues as with NFPS and the guide didn't work and showed channel numbers 0-9.

This appears to be a MAG254 problem, rather than an issue with NFPS or any specific provider.

There doesn't seem to be a solution to this and I (and anyone else with this issue) will have to purchase a new box.

Gordo50
07-21-2017, 02:33 PM
What url do have to change to and were, my epg does not populate?