PDA

View Full Version : Important Mandatory Update 4/27/2015

BIO
04-28-2015, 12:30 AM
UPDATE APR 29
No need to update manually anymore, it will now update itself after a factory reset.

Mandatory Update You may have noticed that the MickyHop channel store has not been connecting to the marketplace to allow the end users to see apps. This was due to an immediate security update by the MickyHop team. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused our customers. Needless to say, there is a solution!
Please follow these instructions for VIXO 1 & TVonline Firmware update below. Choose the correct current build of your device and “click here to download” text to download the correct file and proceed with the 6 steps. **Remember: this update is for individuals who cannot access the MickyHop channel store

VIXO 1: Step 1: Check which is your build number by going to: “settings > system info > build number”
Step 2: If you have build 1.0.09 (Second File)
If you have build 1.0.10 (FIRST FILE)
**Rembmer: do not extract any of the “update.zip” file, just copy it over

Step 3: Place the correct build update.zip file on a USB/SD Card/Jump drive (do not unzip or change file name)

Step 4: Plug in the USB/Jump drive to the back of the device and power up your device. Click “local media” and a update message should come up.
Step 5: A Firmware update message will pop up and click “install”. If not browse the directory to find the “update.zip” file.
Step 6: Your device will restart and all the firmware update will be applied. After it’s done you should make sure you have build 1.0.11 from “settings > system info > build number”. Now you should be able to access MickyHop channel store once again. You can remove the jump drive when it prompts you to delete the file.

tinieBlax
04-28-2015, 01:43 AM
Thanks bio!

Marley
04-28-2015, 03:44 AM
big thing is Remember: this update is for individuals who cannot access the MickyHop channel store

BATMAN
04-28-2015, 01:14 PM
What about Avov TV online?
Is there any update yet?

BIO
04-28-2015, 01:17 PM
What about Avov TV online?
Is there any update yet?

Not yet, check back to the tvonline section because one of us will post it as soon as it's available.

BATMAN
04-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Thank you Bio.

BIO
04-30-2015, 01:08 AM
Just read this at the mickyhop site

No need to manually do the firmware update on the TVonline & VIXO 1 anymore. The team has figured out a way to do it over the internet. Just connect your device, do a factory data reset and everything should be working again.

lorelys
06-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Just read this at the mickyhop site
well i did a factory defal.. and still nada do they still do in the update my vixio1 010, i did 5 factory and nada i cannot acces to download no application?

a-team
06-15-2015, 04:54 PM
well i did a factory defal.. and still nada do they still do in the update my vixio1 010, i did 5 factory and nada i cannot acces to download no application?

You will want to take a look at the AVOV blog posts. The Vixo1 build fix is there and will help you out, this post is outdated. Factory reset won't help you out, you will need to do a manual update. Once again everything is there, just make sure to click the corresponding fix as there is a TVOnline fix as well. Hope that helps.

Blog link: http://avov.tv/category/blog/

Donovan
12-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Hello,

Any idea why i cannot download the file ? i get a blank page

thanks in advance

floder2
12-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Old link..............................

Marley
12-02-2016, 01:04 AM
yup very old

Donovan
12-02-2016, 04:03 AM
Wow , i didn't pay attention it was since 2015 :D , i have an Avov Online v2 (2016) with the Firmware 1.0.18 , it's the latest ?

floder2
12-02-2016, 05:26 AM
Avov V2 latest is 1.0.8 .....has been for a long time the Avov Plus has the same version firmware ..just a different menu skin......................

Donovan
12-05-2016, 01:17 AM
Thank You my friend :)

floder2
02-07-2017, 04:53 PM
instructions for VIXO 1 .My build is 1.0.10 so I'm looking for the first file posted ( update.zip 207.3 KB ) I know its old and the Link from BIO is dead...but just in case someone still has that file I would appreciate it....thanks Remember this is for the old Avov box VIXO 1

UPDATE APR 29
No need to update manually anymore, it will now update itself after a factory reset.

Mandatory Update You may have noticed that the MickyHop channel store has not been connecting to the marketplace to allow the end users to see apps. This was due to an immediate security update by the MickyHop team. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused our customers. Needless to say, there is a solution!
Please follow these instructions for VIXO 1 & TVonline Firmware update below. Choose the correct current build of your device and “click here to download” text to download the correct file and proceed with the 6 steps. **Remember: this update is for individuals who cannot access the MickyHop channel store

VIXO 1: Step 1: Check which is your build number by going to: “settings > system info > build number”
Step 2: If you have build 1.0.09 (Second File)
If you have build 1.0.10 (FIRST FILE)
**Rembmer: do not extract any of the “update.zip” file, just copy it over

Step 3: Place the correct build update.zip file on a USB/SD Card/Jump drive (do not unzip or change file name)

Step 4: Plug in the USB/Jump drive to the back of the device and power up your device. Click “local media” and a update message should come up.
Step 5: A Firmware update message will pop up and click “install”. If not browse the directory to find the “update.zip” file.
Step 6: Your device will restart and all the firmware update will be applied. After it’s done you should make sure you have build 1.0.11 from “settings > system info > build number”. Now you should be able to access MickyHop channel store once again. You can remove the jump drive when it prompts you to delete the file.

crazed 9.6
03-15-2017, 04:24 AM
instructions for VIXO 1 .My build is 1.0.10 so I'm looking for the first file posted ( update.zip 207.3 KB ) I know its old and the Link from BIO is dead...but just in case someone still has that file I would appreciate it....thanks Remember this is for the old Avov box VIXO 1

If yea want them floder2, here they are bud
I had them in my Tickle Trunk :)

Both the 1.0.09 and the 1.0.10 versions for the Vixo1, are included in the same .zip folder

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aq0m5sppwpc4tgf/Vixo1.zip

sonnythin
04-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Yes me too. How to download this file update? Please help!. Thanks

floder2
04-05-2017, 03:39 PM
the link is the post above yours..............

LordAizen
09-08-2017, 10:34 PM
when i try to update it says E:footer is wrong
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

in that order please help

lopes_vi
09-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Does anyone have the original firmware in the vixo fuse? I went to update and mine does not care anymore.