PDA

View Full Version : Kodi 17 update?

desiboy1
02-08-2017, 11:29 PM
Has anyone updated kodi 17 onto tvonline 4?

Ghost2k
02-09-2017, 06:41 PM
I just installed the latest Kodi in my box and everything is running smooth. Very happy with the box, better than my minix

Ghost2k
02-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Feb 1st was the final release if I'm not mistaken.

Ghost2k
02-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Has anyone updated kodi 17 onto tvonline 4?

I deleted my old version of Kodi before installing this one to be on the safe side. The Micky Hop market installed one would most likely create some problems

desiboy1
02-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Did you load it with apk file or using the browser?

Ghost2k
02-09-2017, 09:27 PM
i downlaoded the arm file for android from their webiste, loaded it using the app installer, you can use a usb or dowload it using the browser, I have nova launcher installed and have the home button assigned to the nova launcher, thats how i can access the app installer without using kodi.

desiboy1
02-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Cool can you help me how to use app installer without using kodi?
My unit is not rooted.

Ghost2k
02-09-2017, 09:41 PM
install an app called nova launcher, then when you open the nova launcher it will open up like a tablet go to all apps and you will find app installer there. when you press the home key it will ask you what app you want to use do nova laucher. attach a usb mouse to your box and drag and drop all the apps you want on the home screen. to get to the origonal home screen you have to use launcher app. it will be in the all apps section, with tv online and any apps you download from the mickey hops store. hope that helps.

ps mines not rooted as well, i didnt want to take the risk.

if you want you can change the background from origonal to live wall paper ( moving)

desiboy1
02-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Thanks il give it a try.

Marley
02-09-2017, 10:04 PM
got check the out

desiboy1
02-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Nova launcher is not in the tv online 4 market.

Ghost2k
02-10-2017, 12:19 AM
you have to download the app on your computer then install trough app installer

desiboy1
02-11-2017, 02:26 AM
I was able to upgrade to kodi 17 but now its not letting me download more skins. Stuck with the new skin .

Ghost2k
02-12-2017, 03:37 AM
I was able to upgrade to kodi 17 but now its not letting me download more skins. Stuck with the new skin .

working fine for me bro, i was able to change the skins without any issues but it takes time to download each one.

fatback64
02-26-2017, 02:57 PM
Hello all, great forum to have around. I have I ipremium i9 tv box in which has been great up until this point. I've tried downloading nova launcher and apk installer. When trying to open either it just sits there saying package installer but does nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction to load kodi 17. And or update the android firmware. Thank in advance

Fatback64 also from upstate ny

Marley
02-26-2017, 09:37 PM
cant on avov your in wrong place

dtvbandit
03-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to update kodi 16 to 17 for my TV ONLINE 4? I downloaded the app file as suggested in other threads and I'm not seeing where or how to do the update.

Thanks

Marley
03-03-2017, 03:31 PM
me i have not seen 17 on 4k box yet that comes from them ? now you can down load and use backdoor if that what hes talking about but i dont see the kodi 17 app yet do any of you ? in market place yea like ghost said you have to download the app on your computer then install trough app installer not hard to do if you know what your doing

dtvbandit
03-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Looking at the previous threads i see someone per Ghost2k says he has successfully installed it on his 4k. I was sort hoping that someone could provide more info. I tried installing a new app on Kodi yesterday and it was incompatible with 16 and so I thought why not upgrade Kodi to 17 since I use it the most.

Marley
03-03-2017, 03:43 PM
yes you can get apk from kodi and on 4k box through app installer think its in programs and android where two are use the android one if im not wrong dont have box in front of me click on it and box comes up scroll down to app installer cant look right now but think thats it

dtvbandit
03-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Hi Marley thanks for your replies and suggestions. I just went and had a look at my 4k, went into market and there is no app there to install apk. I went to my folder and the apk is there but I can't figure out how to make it run or install. If you could look at your box it would be appreciated. On another note I emailed avov support and the reply i got was they are waiting for Kodi to come out with a final version as they say it has bugs and will be putting it on the 4k market (how long will that be?). Kodi is saying this is the final.

Marley
03-03-2017, 08:07 PM
what that not finally forget it then
i was thinking it was
that not finally
https://kodi.tv/kodi17/
or

http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/02/download-kodi-17-final-version/

Ghost2k
03-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Hi Marley thanks for your replies and suggestions. I just went and had a look at my 4k, went into market and there is no app there to install apk. I went to my folder and the apk is there but I can't figure out how to make it run or install. If you could look at your box it would be appreciated. On another note I emailed avov support and the reply i got was they are waiting for Kodi to come out with a final version as they say it has bugs and will be putting it on the 4k market (how long will that be?). Kodi is saying this is the final.
QUOTE=Ghost2k;165281]1 - Download the apk of the app that you need from the internet (you can do that directly via the browser or using your PC and a USB drive or memory card, ...), there is a lot of websites to get that or you can copy it from any rooted android device.

2 - After installing kodi, run it, go to "Programs" >> "Android apps" (here you will get all the installed apps in your box) >> "Settings" (here you will get the settings window of android), then "Security and restrictions" then turn "unknown sources" to "on", and "verify apps" and "restricted profile" to "off".

3 - Then back to kodi >> "Programs" >> "Android apps" but this time go to "AppInstaller" (the app which we will use to install apks), then select your source (local disk, memory card, usb drive), the app will search all available apks, then you have just to pick (check it at the right, don't click[if you click nothing will happen]) the one that you want to install and on the menu at the top right, click "install"[this will install from the app installer not from tvonline installer].
*got this from another post in the forums not mine i edited a few things
you will not see the apps in your my apps you will have to load them from kodi android apps

hope that helps[/QUOTE]

Marley
03-04-2017, 06:07 AM
i posted that many time but yea thats it

desiboy1
03-04-2017, 06:12 AM
Looking at the previous threads i see someone per Ghost2k says he has successfully installed it on his 4k. I was sort hoping that someone could provide more info. I tried installing a new app on Kodi yesterday and it was incompatible with 16 and so I thought why not upgrade Kodi to 17 since I use it the most.

Go to kodi.tv and download the android (ARM) file, u can download it using the browser on your 4k box or laptop and save it on the usb. Ghost2k already gave you the full details. Just follow that.

desiboy1
03-04-2017, 06:16 AM
working fine for me bro, i was able to change the skins without any issues but it takes time to download each one.

I had to uninstall and re install it, then skins worked fine :)

Ghost2k
03-04-2017, 07:45 AM
I had to uninstall and re install it, then skins worked fine :)

Glad to hear that bro

Marley
03-04-2017, 03:19 PM
yea i call that the back door way oh can you use the nova 2 app on 4k box and get epg with this on grid now i cant do any testing

Ghost2k
03-04-2017, 03:24 PM
yea i call that the back door way oh can you use the nova 2 app on 4k box and get epg with this on grid now i cant do any testing

Will that epg run with stalker?

Marley
03-04-2017, 03:25 PM
see the epg is way better if you can get it in nova night and day difference that why im asking will do all my test in a few weeks at this point got lots to do i can tell you nova is bomb

desiboy1
03-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Yes marley, with the latest nova app update guide works in the grid.

Marley
03-08-2017, 02:53 AM
thats great news

greg
04-04-2017, 07:48 PM
kodi 17.1 is very nice just loading that on my tvonline4 loading some addons works flawless and very fast

David S
06-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Which version of Kodi is in the Market. 17.1 or 17.3 ??
If I install the latest version of Kodi from the Market will I loose my Specto favorites and will I loose the addons ? ( Specto and Exodus )

Stom
10-10-2017, 09:43 PM
I have an avov tv online 4 and when I follow this threads instructions on installing apk s , the package installer screen pops up but never installs the apk . Both bars stay gray

Bkman2020
10-11-2017, 12:58 AM
Only whats on the market apparently they blocked apk from installing

greg
10-11-2017, 01:48 AM
follow this post Download the apk of the app that you need from the internet (you can do that directly via the browser or using your PC and a USB drive or memory card, ...), there is a lot of websites to get that or you can copy it from any rooted android device.

2 - After installing kodi, run it, go to "Programs" >> "Android apps" (here you will get all the installed apps in your box) >> "Settings" (here you will get the settings window of android), then "Security and restrictions" then turn "unknown sources" to "on", and "verify apps" and "restricted profile" to "off".

3 - Then back to kodi >> "Programs" >> "Android apps" but this time go to "AppInstaller" (the app which we will use to install apks), then select your source (local disk, memory card, usb drive), the app will search all available apks, then you have just to pick (check it at the right, don't click) the one that you want to install and on the menu at the top right, click "install".

That's all.

Stom
10-11-2017, 01:02 PM
That's awesome Greg.....i got it to install for me. Thank you very much

Marley
10-11-2017, 06:07 PM
didnt they load new kodi on updates ?

theuduk
10-11-2017, 06:42 PM
I had 17.3 loaded from the store, then it started updating but vanished and not in the store either, emailed avov they replied it is in the store (not so) they said they were working on a new version but after waiting a few weeks in stalled 17.4 directly from the kodi web page(easy)