PDA

View Full Version : MAG 254 Poor service

bryanf
02-06-2017, 01:36 AM
myself and a couple friends have used these boxes for almost 2 years. the service was OK at first as we switched from the satellite boxes to something streaming just through ethernet. the connection quality and number of channels that actually work has decreased to a pathetic quantity in my opinion. We have an excellent internet connection at 250mB/sec so the pipe is wide open, just seems their server has a hard time with a new channel request.

If a channel does play, audio and video are not synced often.

Most up to date firmware, paid keys, etc. Nothing we can see on our end. Other devices stream HD videos just fine.

Are other people having the same problems? I see they have added more HD channels and it would appear maybe the servers can't handle the load?

The movies section works pretty good, we hardy try TV channels. took 10 minutes to find something that worked today.

crazed 9.6
02-06-2017, 01:42 AM
you can check the Channel List sticky thread. in the Channel Issues sub-forum. The one posted by tinieblax
The results I post on that thread are with using a mag254 , I see relative very little buffering.
You will see more channels down today (updated today), but that is not a true look at the normal ratio