PDA

View Full Version : Ya know how the streams freeze after a couple of hours?

SebsiBC
02-04-2017, 06:35 PM
For the longest time I thought that the stream freezing after a couple of hours watching the same channel was a server setting, to make sure someone was actually watching and not just sitting there eating up bandwith for no reason. That's what we were told anyway.

Ended up on a competing service and had the same issue, so assumed they had their server setup that way as well.

Finally upgraded from an Avov Tvonline+ to a Dreamlink T1 and guess what? Streams will play forever without ever timing out.

Guess it was an Avov issue all along.

xk4l1br3
02-05-2017, 03:14 AM
My Dreamlike T1 will stream without issue for hours upon hours. My Mag 254 on the other hand will freeze at least once every 15-20 minutes.

Echelon45
02-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Hi there SebsiBC,

What service do you use with the Dreamlink T1 ?

SebsiBC
02-22-2017, 05:55 PM
I've got a few of 'em, but rules dictate we not discuss other providers here.

theone
02-22-2017, 06:47 PM
No discussion of other providers thanks.

Pionex2020
02-22-2017, 07:38 PM
For the longest time I thought that the stream freezing after a couple of hours watching the same channel was a server setting, to make sure someone was actually watching and not just sitting there eating up bandwith for no reason. That's what we were told anyway.

Ended up on a competing service and had the same issue, so assumed they had their server setup that way as well.

Finally upgraded from an Avov Tvonline+ to a Dreamlink T1 and guess what? Streams will play forever without ever timing out.

Guess it was an Avov issue all along.

The TVONLINE 4 does the same thing it freezes at the top of the hour.

Marley
02-23-2017, 12:07 AM
This is old that why they say use mag here and they said they didn't support it