PDA

View Full Version : Updated Now Stuck on the New Animation Screen

Rccm112
01-26-2017, 10:24 PM
I allowed my tvonline 4 to apply the newest update when I went to bed. When I woke up it was frozen on a white AVOV animation screen. I havent been able to successfully boot into recovery via the pin hole or TWRP img. Can anyone help?

Marley
01-27-2017, 12:58 AM
the pin whole take all off but video put pin in here click then plug in box should work

romstah
01-27-2017, 02:41 PM
my rooted box got stuck too, so i just restored the orignal twrp backup that i had, then let it update before rooting again.

Rccm112
01-27-2017, 10:25 PM
My pin hole has never worked. But I can all of sudden boot into TWRP from an sd card

Yeah, updating a rooted box soft bricked me and one of my coworker's boxes. I had a twrp backup from another unrooted tvonline 4. Restoring the TWRP backup fails and I get mounting errors.

Failed to mount '/data' (invalid argument)

Any ideas?

Marley
01-27-2017, 11:34 PM
now if you made a backup before hand that would have done it no one has there files and never will same as dl Have you tried three button's on boot up ?

Rccm112
01-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Im not sure what 3 buttons on boot means. I have a TWRP backup of another tvonline 4 to work with. I got rid of the majority of the errors using twrp to change the unmountable partitions to FAT then back to ext4.

Then I repaired filesystems of the unmountable partitions.
I uninstalled supersu.
I restored the backup from the other Tvonline 4.

Now the only error I get is

AVOV logo

to system recovery

reboot system now,
apply update from EXT
apply update from cache
apply update from ADB,
wipe data/factory reset,
wipe cache partition,
reboot to bootloader
power down
view recovery logs

dead android

Recovery is listening adb sideload...
Waiting adb sideload command...
Cannot load volume/misc!

There was a post last year where a few people had the same cannot load volume/misc! error after upgrading to 1.06. There was a file that supposedly fixed it, but there is no trace of it on the post.

Marley
01-28-2017, 05:14 PM
here
[email protected] ask if the still have file

romstah
01-31-2017, 06:56 PM
looks like you are on a regular recovery not twrp.

Rccm112
01-31-2017, 10:44 PM
looks like you are on a regular recovery not twrp.

I can boot into TWRP with an sd or usb drive. I could not before all this happened. But I have not installed TWRP over the regular recovery. I spoke to AVOV and they told me to send them the box.

Marley
02-01-2017, 02:44 AM
yea they have file to bring it back and there not giving that out