PDA

View Full Version : Channels stop streaming

Wilding
01-19-2017, 06:00 PM
Hi everyone,

It seems that after what seems like 3-5 minutes, any channel just stops streaming. I can click start on it again from the EPG and it starts up right away.

I've tried searching for this using various terms and keywords, but havn't found a relevant post; I apologize if I missed something.

I've tried using the Maintenance Tools add-on to clear the Kodi cache and have cleared the stalker cache; no change.

My setup is:

Kodi for Android 15.2
I have installed the Clairvoyance build from epg-ninja.
Stalker middleware client (not stalker plus). I followed this guide: hxxx://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?23145-Kodi-Version-16-and-above-PVR-Stalker-Client-Setup-Instructions-for-NFPS-Server (http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?23145-Kodi-Version-16-and-above-PVR-Stalker-Client-Setup-Instructions-for-NFPS-Server)

The device is a Remix Mini with these specs:

1.2GHz quad-core cortex A53 (64-bit) Allwinner
Storage is 16GB eMMC
Memory 2GB
Android 5.1

Thank you for your valuable time!

joesimm
01-20-2017, 02:18 PM
Are you at all willing to clean your box and run straight Kodi (with no builds). The builds take up a Shi$load of space and memory. Your best bet would be a clean install of Kodi without any buids and add back the stalker client...

Wilding
01-20-2017, 08:57 PM
Hi Josesimm,

Thank you very much for the reply. I did this and that helped alot; Stalker is working perfectly.

Other than the normal expectations that some channels were down, the only issue I had was getting the iks66 guide to load. I ended up using one
from a post in the epg section of iptvtalk.

I think im pretty much done with builds; In my opinion theyre an excellent option when your learning Kodi, however after one understands how to
add repos and their favorite addons, I don't see the advantage. Like you said, they're bloaty and will inevitably have far more than you want or need.

Im just trying to figure out how to get the backgrounds to change as they do in custom builds when you hover over specifc addons in the Menu to reflect the history or suggestions of movies, tv shows and other media. If its an option in the addons I use, I havn't found it yet. Im starting to feel like its probably something that has to be coded.

That said; thanks again!

* edit - I forgot to say; I also upgraded to Jarvis. The only reason I was on Isengard was because I could have sword I read on the kodi site that support for Android 5 was ending with v15. I realized when I posted my question that some people would be annoyed at me having said I followed a guide for a different version of Kodi :)

crazed 9.6
01-20-2017, 09:05 PM
nice reports Wilding and joesimm, fantastic bro :)

Check out different Skins. That will change what options work or do not work, as you been seeing.

Wilding
01-20-2017, 09:16 PM
nice reports Wilding and joesimm, fantastic bro :)

Check out different Skins. That will change what options work or do not work, as you been seeing.

Thanks! I have been playing with skins; they introduce a new learning opportunity to understand which errors are dependency errors
and when something is a Jarvis compatibility issue. Of course, most of them work great and look pretty slick.

Next project: get the stalker playlist streaming to my PS4. Please let this happen.. haha