PDA

View Full Version : Able to get channel list, some channels working most are black screen

monki
01-18-2017, 12:51 PM
Hi,
I've spent some time reading through forums and on the internet more generally and seem to be hitting a roadblock.

I am using STBEmu, tried on both an Amazon Fire TV and an NVidia Shield tablet.

I am able to get the channel list, about 800 channels found. Most have EPG data too.

I am able to view some channels, but most of them just give me a black/blank screen. The VOD also does not work, clicking OK on them does nothing at all.

As an example, I've found some channels to be working:
Some Music video channels I tried
Bunch of news channels
Bunch of Asian channels like NHK World, Arirang

I have found most of the more commercial channels, i.e. the ones I want are not working:
BBC World News
None of the BBC UK channels
None of the US channels, like HBO

If there any way to troubleshoot this? I am reasonably tech-savy, so happy to use a shell, telnet into ports, etc. I.e. I am happy to assist/try and solve my own problems, rulling out infratructure issues (i.e. ISP etc).
Maybe there is a difference between those streams?

I apologise in advance if this has been covered elsewhere, and I'm not using the correct search terms to locate it.

Thanks,

monki
01-19-2017, 01:35 AM
I have tried using a DNS service, and that has not helped.

I have to say the blocking the search function is seriously not helpful when trying to troubleshoot. Can't you just use captcha to allow your paid up users access the service.

I am not able to try out using a VPN, because I can't go in and reset my service.

BTW, I am accessing from Australia.

crazed 9.6
01-19-2017, 01:55 AM
I can help with the reset any time and all the time.
Just send what you need done with the needed info and I will get it done instantly :)

Left click my name for message option.

crazed 9.6
01-19-2017, 02:00 AM
at the time of your first testing (your first post) many channels were not working because of some server updates (morre HD channels were added and replace some others) It lasted most of the morning at the time of your first posting.

Once you get back up again, you might find channels working.

I do not think the VOD ever worked thru the STBemu :(

monki
01-19-2017, 05:06 AM
Thanks for your reply. I have tried with Hotspot Shield, a VPN provider with Android going through the US. It seemed to work as before, without need to reset anything (i.e. the MAC).

Have tried again, and there is no change (I'm not using the VPN anymore as it made no difference).

Some examples of channels that are not working for me: #191 Dmax, #180 Discovery Family, #137 itv ENCORE +1, #134 FOX, #131 AMC East HD, #111 Good Food, #100 BBC ONE, #92 E4, #78 ITV.

Would someone be able to verify those channels, if they aren't working for someone with a normally working service I'd feel much more comfortable. If they are working OK, what other options are there?

Thanks,

monki
01-19-2017, 11:21 AM
The 24 hours expired, so I've tried the following:
* Generate new MAC address, and verified it was OK
* Perform IPTV reset
* Reset the STBemu application, blown away cache and re-authenticated with new MAC
Result: No change, still unable to view most of the channels

cat977k
01-19-2017, 04:10 PM
monki I'm in the US, and have the same problems you have, such as EPG ok, but channels black except Cspan, and other crazy channels. The VOD has never worked either. I've got two Mag 254 boxes and both respond the same way. I'm using Hughes Net, for my ISP at 20mb. which works fine for IKS but not for IPTV. ??? Let me know if you ever solve your problem. Good luck.

Farmer1
01-19-2017, 05:03 PM
Try using user password for both user ID and password

cat977k
01-19-2017, 05:22 PM
I've done this many times, for both boxes and have no trouble for either of them to load. Is there something that were missing in the initial programming, such as latest upgrades or something that turns everything on? I've got aprox. 150 days left on both boxes. Free IKS works fine on both T5's, but see no future for IPTV. Thanks

Farmer1
01-19-2017, 05:40 PM
I was having a issue with my avov the other day and accidentally used login and and pas that fixed up the avov so i just thought i would throw that out there

big dady
01-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Change the player in stb emulator to Ijk players that should fix it

monki
01-19-2017, 10:40 PM
@Farmer1
Thanks for the suggestion, but I can confirm I'm using my route number as *both* the username and password. I don't believe you can not do this correctly without "Error" appearing no the login dialogue.

@big dady
Switching to IJK player has not made the channels work. It did make the channels that were working, become audio-only ,i.e. they now have no picture just audio.

I will try installing STBemu into Bluestack, so that I can run Wireshark on the same system and extract the stream URLs and see if there is any further diagnosis I can do.

If I cannot find anything else from my end, I will have to go to another IPTV service and see how I go. I can't waste 2 days on trying to get an IPTV service working. To my critical eye, there has to be some difference between the channels that do work vs the ones that don't. There are two possibilties, i) the streams are dead (whether this is server or somewhere inbetween) or ii) there is a difference between the streams that work vs the ones that don't. Just trying stuff out without any information is not a technical solution.

I appreciate a group of guys are running this as a hobby, but it would make a lot of sense to be logging debugging information for all connections so that at least some analysis can be done from the server end. That would save a lot of time for your clients and avoid frustration on both sides.

monki
01-20-2017, 01:34 AM
In the last 30 minutes a lot of the channels have started to work (not all of them). I can confirm that I have done nothing on my end. I have not changed any of the settings.​

Farmer1
01-20-2017, 02:05 AM
@Farmer1
Thanks for the suggestion, but I can confirm I'm using my route number as *both* the username and password. I don't believe you can not do this correctly without "Error" appearing no the login dialogue.

@big dady
Switching to IJK player has not made the channels work. It did make the channels that were working, become audio-only ,i.e. they now have no picture just audio.

I will try installing STBemu into Bluestack, so that I can run Wireshark on the same system and extract the stream URLs and see if there is any further diagnosis I can do.

If I cannot find anything else from my end, I will have to go to another IPTV service and see how I go. I can't waste 2 days on trying to get an IPTV service working. To my critical eye, there has to be some difference between the channels that do work vs the ones that don't. There are two possibilties, i) the streams are dead (whether this is server or somewhere inbetween) or ii) there is a difference between the streams that work vs the ones that don't. Just trying stuff out without any information is not a technical solution.

I appreciate a group of guys are running this as a hobby, but it would make a lot of sense to be logging debugging information for all connections so that at least some analysis can be done from the server end. That would save a lot of time for your clients and avoid frustration on both sides.

maybe not on the mag but on the avov and the tvinline+ you don't get a error message but you will get news and music channels

Farmer1
01-20-2017, 02:05 AM
awesome that thing are starting to work for you server updates must be almost done

monki
01-20-2017, 03:07 AM
The videoclub / VOD is now working (and yes, this is STBemu on Android).

crazed 9.6
01-20-2017, 03:13 AM
The videoclub / VOD is now working (and yes, this is STBemu on Android).

thats cool :)
thnx for the reports.

monki
01-20-2017, 03:14 AM
Nothing is more annoying than when someone doesn't follow up/through on their forum postings.

Inter95
01-20-2017, 07:15 AM
@monki what did you do? cause I have same problem with channels, I can watch VOD, tested all players with same results.

UPD:

I downloaded free version from play store and worked perfect for some reason the one that I downloaded for NFPS from here hxxp://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?24620-New-release-v0-9 didn't work. Maybe cause that one doesn't have Device ID option to check Use MAC-based device ID and Send Device ID those two options were the only settings I was missing.
Also I had to enter Username and Pass for the NFPS every time I opened the app with the free the version once everything setup I don't have to do it over and over.

monki
01-20-2017, 01:16 PM
@Inter95 - I didn't do anything beyond the normal setup.

It seems the channels were down. I still don't have all of them, and several are giving me buffering issues - again not from my end, I am pulling about 1.5 - 2.0 mbits, and I have plenty more available bandwidth.

Unfortunately with no tools to troubleshoot, it's just fumbling around in the dark - and there is always the risk you changed something that just happens to be around the same time something else (external) happened.

I'm trying it out with Kodi at the moment, as the STBemu app seems a little flaky - i'd be interested to know if that MAG boxes have issues too. FYI with Kodi I'm using the PVR Stalker plugin which comes with it. It is working reasonably well, apart from the regularly breaks for buffering.

carbo
01-20-2017, 03:12 PM
I got a year's donation last December 2016 and I haven't enjoyed this service at all. I'm having a lot of buffering problems using kodi. I have tried stbemu and kodi. stbemu works only for some few channels like chch, londonlive, NASA but doesn't work for other TVs i'm interested in. I have tried umpteen external players from the play store to no effect even the highly mx player pro. VOD works fine for me on stbemu. For kodi, most of the channels load up but won't stop buffering. I have tried a VPN connection from different locations around the globe to no avail. I definitely don't think it's my internet speed cos I have a fiber optic connection of DL 30mbps. i don't know if I should try a Mag box or just accept this as a bad adventure. Unfortunately, I'm in Asia and can't utilize the IKS service.

Inter95
01-20-2017, 08:52 PM
If you install the stbemu free version from play store should work fine when you select the 2 options on Device ID, I got it working with Kodi too for more than 3 years, you can map a key for your remote to stop streaming like that you get rid of buffering problem with keymap editor