PDA

View Full Version : Request configuration advice

johnvirag
12-21-2016, 03:17 AM
Hi, Everybody:

I am new at this forum, and I would like to ask a configuration question. First here is my present set up: I have three TVs in three different rooms. The three TVs are connected to an HDMI switch which allows me to direct different Video sources (DirecTV, DVD, PC, HULU etc) to any of the TVs at the same time. The DirecTV receiver and the HDMI switch are in a closed cabinet, my Remote is operating in RF mode in order to control device and routing selections from anywhere.

I would like to have different TV program at the same time on each or at least two TVs.
Q: Do I need two or three IPTV (MAGXXX) boxes?
Is there a single IPTV box which has two or three HDMI outputs and capable to provide two or three different program streams? If such a box exists how many remotes do I need?
Are the remotes working on RF or IR?
How many programing packages do I have to subscribe if I have two or three simultaneous streams?

I hope that you will be able to give me good ideas how to proceed.

Thanks Johnvirago

tinieBlax
12-21-2016, 11:31 AM
as long as i know, you'll need one box and one subscription for TV, as its not like Hulu or netflix, where you can have multiple devices with one account.

1 account = 1 mac = 1 tv at a time, if you want two tvs with channels, buy 2 boxes, and 2 subs.

Please move this thread out of here :)

crazed 9.6
12-21-2016, 11:46 AM
move us here into general forums :)