PDA

View Full Version : MAG256 video goes permanently blank when HDMI signal temporarily changes ...

devnull1970
12-12-2016, 04:45 AM
Hello friends:

I've tried several video settings, screensaver settings (including disabling it completely), resolution settings, HDMI react settings (not sure know what that is), and so on, but cannot resolve the following issue:

Whenever I either:

Temporarily change the HDTV source to something else (say, to watch the over-the-air TV signal)
Or go to the inner portal and then try to go back to the IPTV Stalker portal
Or the screensaver kicks in
Or basically anything that causes the HDMI video signal to change

the video signal goes black and never recovers. I have to disconnect and reconnect the power, wait until prompted the hit the remote MENU button, and then get back in that way. :(

It's almost like the MAG looses the HDMI signal when things change, and cannot regain it.

This is my second MAG256 box, and the previous one behaved the same way; so it doesn't appear to be a malfunctioning box.

My HDTV is 1080p @ 60hz.

Is this a known issue?

What settings should be used to overcome this?

Thank you in advance!

Benfica1
12-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Hello friends:

I've tried several video settings, screensaver settings (including disabling it completely), resolution settings, HDMI react settings (not sure know what that is), and so on, but cannot resolve the following issue:

Whenever I either:

Temporarily change the HDTV source to something else (say, to watch the over-the-air TV signal)
Or go to the inner portal and then try to go back to the IPTV Stalker portal
Or the screensaver kicks in
Or basically anything that causes the HDMI video signal to change

the video signal goes black and never recovers. I have to disconnect and reconnect the power, wait until prompted the hit the remote MENU button, and then get back in that way. :(

It's almost like the MAG looses the HDMI signal when things change, and cannot regain it.

This is my second MAG256 box, and the previous one behaved the same way; so it doesn't appear to be a malfunctioning box.

My HDTV is 1080p @ 60hz.

Is this a known issue?

What settings should be used to overcome this?

Thank you in advance!

My friend ... im on d same boat !
But i figure something, it does that only on my sony tv cause i tried it on Lg tv and all good
Its weird, i also took it back got a new one and still same result !
I sure hope u figured it out cause i even set a mag 254 side by side to try same setings and no go :(

Urdnme
12-25-2016, 03:49 AM
Exact same issue on my 256. At times after unplugging the box the software runs slow.

Bkman2020
12-25-2016, 04:27 AM
Have you try re updating the software? you might lose everything

Urdnme
12-25-2016, 07:45 PM
for me it was even before watching anything. During setup it occurs : \