PDA

View Full Version : MAG256 video goes permanently blank when HDMI signal temporarily changes ...

devnull1970
12-12-2016, 04:33 AM
Hello friends:

I've tried several video settings, screensaver settings (including disabling it completely), resolution settings, HDMI react settings (not sure know what that is), and so on, but cannot resolve the following issue:

Whenever I either:

Temporarily change the HDTV source to something else (say, to watch the over-the-air TV signal)
Or go to the inner portal and then try to go back to the IPTV Stalker portal
Or the screensaver kicks in
Or basically anything that causes the HDMI video signal to change

the video signal goes black and never recovers. I have to disconnect and reconnect the power, wait until prompted the hit the remote MENU button, and then get back in that way. :(

It's almost like the MAG looses the HDMI signal when things change, and cannot regain it.

This is my second MAG256 box, and the previous one behaved the same way; so it doesn't appear to be a malfunctioning box.

My HDTV is 1080p @ 60hz.

Is this a known issue?

What settings should be used to overcome this?

Thank you in advance!

Caram
12-12-2016, 08:22 PM
I am encountering the same issue. My routine is to exit to Options, select Video, make a change, them go back into menu.
Do not understand why I get Video Unsupported message by just changing channels??

devnull1970
12-13-2016, 08:29 PM
I am encountering the same issue. My routine is to exit to Options, select Video, make a change, them go back into menu.
Do not understand why I get Video Unsupported message by just changing channels?

I opened a support ticket with Informir. Today they gave me an updated firmware image to try, but I haven't yet applied it (I will later). I will refer to this forum thread when I email support (after I apply the update ... so they can see that this issue is not just me having it).

I'm not hopeful about this update because they are probably not yet aware of this issue, and so have not addressed it in the firmware they gave me. But I will try it.

Thanks for pointing out your particular problem.

Stay tuned.

devnull1970
12-16-2016, 04:36 AM
The customer service agent (after I tried the things they asked) said they will need to work on my issue (which I'm sure many others are or will have).