PDA

View Full Version : No Parental Control

HRH2016
09-30-2016, 06:41 PM
Hi All, I have recently purchased a Mag254 box and have subscribedto a Portal which is loaded with Adult channels. I want to lock access to thesechannels. I have watched a lot of video tutorials which describe how to go toSystem Setting and then to Parental Control.
Within my System Settings I don’t havea Parental Control.
I have located an access control which I can activate butthis just totally blocks access, I just want to lock the Adult Content. I haveread posts on this Forum which advise use of the App Button to Lock/unlockchannels. When I press the App button it allows me to enter a 4 digit code butthis doesn’t do anything. Any help please?

mrmagoo62
10-01-2016, 02:30 PM
the adult content on my Mag 254 was defaulted to a password access code of 0000 and can be changed , dont know why yours wasn't.

HRH2016
10-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Thank you for your reply mrmagoo62, Yes it would appearthat EVERYONE has a default Parental Code of 0000 apart from me, all of mychannels are freely accessed and as I have previously said 'I have NO ParentalControl Option' within my System Settings. This means I have no way of blockingaccess to the Adult Content.
I'm hoping it's because I am doing something wrong, but due to the lack ofreplies I'm beginning to think I have a more obscure problem.
Any suggestions would be appreciated please guys :-)

desiboy1
10-02-2016, 11:04 AM
You have to go to innerportal tab.use the tv screen to go in to the settings then scroll down to inner portal. Dont press the setting button on the remote

HRH2016
10-02-2016, 02:28 PM
Hi str8killa911, Still no joy, still have no parentalcontrol option.
If I allow the portal to load, my main display bar gives me these options:
TV
VIDEOCLUB
RADIO
VIMEO
YOUTUBE
ACCOUNT
INTERNET
MEDIA BROWSER
STB CONTROL
If I scroll to STB Control I have these options:
INNER PORTAL
REBOOT DEVICE
MAIN MENU
RELOAD PORTAL
Selecting Inner Portal gives me a selection of Icons one of which is SETTINGSwhich then gives me the following options:
PLAYBACK
INTERFACE
SOFTWARE AUTOUPDATE
TIMESHIFT
SYSTEM SETTINGS
ACCESS CONTROL
TELETEXT
System Settings gives me:
NETWORK
SERVERS
VIDEO
AUDIO
ADVANCED SETTINGS
KEYBOARD LAYOUT
NETWORK INFO
DEVICE INFO
RESTART PORTAL
REBOOT DEVICE
RESET SETTINGS
CLEAR USER DATA
SOFTWARE UPDATE
REMOTE CONTROL
Unless I'm looking in the wrong place at no point do I see a 'Parental Control'option.

crazed 9.6
10-02-2016, 02:50 PM
[COLOR=#222222][FONT="Verdana"]Hi str8killa911, Still no joy, still have no parentalcontrol option.
If I allow the portal to load, my main display bar gives me these options:
TV
VIDEOCLUB
RADIO
VIMEO
YOUTUBE
ACCOUNT
INTERNET
MEDIA BROWSER
STB CONTROL

when on that screen that shows the above options, scroll to the left till you see the Settings option. That is where the Pareantal Control option is at.

HRH2016
10-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Hi crazed 2.0, thank you for your response.
When I am on that screen the list I have given are my only available options (there is no settings option)
scrolling left or right I just circulate through the given list.

crazed 9.6
10-02-2016, 05:15 PM
I suppose it could be to do with what has been used as a server, that is reason why our options are different.
That Settings option shows sitting next to the Internet option.
And the VIMEO or ACCOUNT or STB CONTROL are not on this one.
Anyway, there should be another way to access that parental lock. I have tried what others suggested on this thread but with no success to find that Parental Lock , only in that area I mentioned is all.
And that must be an interface of sorts, from the server side