PDA

View Full Version : M8S+ OTT TV BOX - HEVC - With Android 5.1 Lollipop

nanirdjeff
09-23-2016, 02:19 AM
I received a M8S+ OTT TV BOX on Monday - by Wednesday I had completely fouled it up. <I bought the box for KODI.> So much so that I am now stuck on the "emergency telephone" screen and the device now will NOT allow me to exit back to the set up screen. The box is connected by ETHERNET. But it appears that the problem may be that somehow I have somehow changed the device from ETHERNET to "WIFI". All I had been doing was checking out all the various functions of the box, when all of a sudden I could not get out of the "telephone" page.

The M8S+ came pre-loaded with KODI and several other apps. CPU is Quad-core Cortex A9r4 Processor. GPU is Octo-Core Mali-450 GPU. Operating system is Android 5.1 Lollipop. The device came with a remote and a keyboard.

I have done all of the regular "computer" fixes, but none work. Control/Alt/Delete does not work. "delete" does not work. Disconnecting the ethernet cable did not help. Shutting the device down and disconnecting the power and the batteries from the remote and the keyboard also do not work, I left it this way for some 2 hours, but it did not help. Is there a way using the keys on the remote and/or the keyboard to get the box back to the "set-up" screen.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Roach46
09-23-2016, 03:46 PM
while its powered up try just unplugging the power, wait 20 seconds and plug it back in, that should make it re-boot, maybe, not sure about the model but most can be reset with a tooth pick from the back of the box

passaroj
02-27-2017, 10:29 PM
i have this box , and i install emulator and work perfect with iptv66