PDA

View Full Version : Picture Quality Issue?

TVTRAPPER
08-05-2016, 06:06 AM
My TVonline box has really bad picture quality, It's jittery, slow panning, kind of like a slow motion picture but faster, Blurry when changing scenes etc.

So is it the Box or IPTV Service?

My internet speed is high and working great.

theuduk
08-05-2016, 12:38 PM
My tvonline has a great video have some video issues at peak times am on a 15meg D/L but only getting 7 max, my IP tech says my modem is the limiting link and have a new one on order so hoping that will help at those few times of poor internet delivery.

TVTRAPPER
08-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the input. I did change my Modem to one that was double the speed of what my internet provider was charging me for 7 bucks a month, which i no longer pay for :o) My Modem has since paid for it's self and then some. Also changed my Router to the top of the line Linksys. This is why my online gaming has been so good :o)

Still have picture quality issues no matter what time of day i watch IPTV.

I am on IPTV right now and most of the population are at work, so internet traffice should be Minimum, picture still look blurry, Grainy, When changing scenes it gets really blurry. I was hoping it was my cable :( I am hoping it's the Rocket Service? If others on rocket are not having theses issues while on Rocket Service, Then i would have to assume it my TVOnline box ?

Im hoping not :(

My tvonline has a great video have some video issues at peak times am on a 15meg D/L but only getting 7 max, my IP tech says my modem is the limiting link and have a new one on order so hoping that will help at those few times of poor internet delivery.

Beej 99
08-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Did you check system display to make sure it's on 1080/ or 4k/2k if you have a Uhd tv sometimes updates change settings and we just had an update > just a thought.

CjWithDATech
08-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Most channels are 720*480 or lower, and some are 1280*720. No matter what internet connection however fast or slow, It will not change the quality of stream. Now where you say "slow panning, kind of like a slow motion picture but faster, Blurry when changing scenes" is their encoding process that makes this happen... I think they need better encoders or a higher bit-rate of transmission.

TVTRAPPER
08-06-2016, 08:06 AM
Yes it was checked and all good. Don't think there is an issue there.

Did you check system display to make sure it's on 1080/ or 4k/2k if you have a Uhd tv sometimes updates change settings and we just had an update > just a thought.

mbry
08-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Most channels are 720*480 or lower, and some are 1280*720. No matter what internet connection however fast or slow, It will not change the quality of stream. Now where you say "slow panning, kind of like a slow motion picture but faster, Blurry when changing scenes" is their encoding process that makes this happen... I think they need better encoders or a higher bit-rate of transmission.

I think you hit it right on the button, very true IMO. If you want better quality picture you need to look elsewhere. To me it seems Rocket and the others associated with them are more interested in a world market where in different parts have very poor internet speeds among other provider issues.IMO they use lower quality so it can still work for them too.
I use 2 other IPTV services and they are true High Quality. Most in 1080p. Maybe not as many total channels but they have all the ones I watch in the U.S.
Rocket was my back-up to my other services. Picture quality was the same on rocket with a online plus or the new 4K box. I have had both boxes.

Marley
08-09-2016, 01:37 AM
see i was thinking they have better picture now so its just me saying that or is it better i for one think vod are clean and some online channel too

sjordash
08-09-2016, 03:30 AM
Now the Olympics are on you can get the exact same programme on different channels. If you watch on an american channel you will get this jittering but if you change to a British channel it is fine. Why? I have no idea but the USA channels do seem to do this a lot lately and yes I have seen comments about acceleration but it makes no difference.
Also if you watch USA channels via USTV Plus you may get better picture.

Marley
08-09-2016, 02:51 PM
see im watching them in 720p on kodi the box has one of the best picture out there i watch 4k all the time or the upscale movies hands down a wow picture

rudawgg
08-09-2016, 10:01 PM
100% agree specially if you guys get the new LG OLED tv...crazy pic

Marley
08-09-2016, 10:14 PM
thank you been saying this till my face turn blue this box has crazy picture