PDA

View Full Version : Saving custom channel group

bizeesher
07-11-2016, 01:21 AM
I have successfully created a user list on my Amazon Fire TV, using Stalker Client, ninja EPG, with setting at XMLTV Only, local path on the Amazon Box /storage/emulated......./epg.xmltv.xml

In IPTV, I created a group and that works fine.

Tried to install the above on friends Amazon today, got the IPTV going ok. Problem I think is in the epg guide and/or database. I don't have her box in front of me but I downloaded **********. The path is not local but the papiao link, Prefer XMLTV (found in another forum on here). I have tried to find the file on the Amazon box but nothing is there. The guide does work. However, when I create a custom list, it will only work until I exit. When I return the custom list is gone.

I cannot recall how I got the xml file on the local path on my box there. I have and can use ADBFire. I suspect that since I'm using a url path, it is not saving the list in a database and I cannot recall how I got that working on my box.

Is it as simple as unchecking the sync with backend option? I would still be missing that file on the box though.

Kodi 16.1 on each box

Thank you!

expatter
07-11-2016, 07:10 PM
I have successfully created a user list on my Amazon Fire TV, using Stalker Client, ninja EPG, with setting at XMLTV Only, local path on the Amazon Box /storage/emulated......./epg.xmltv.xml

In IPTV, I created a group and that works fine.

Tried to install the above on friends Amazon today, got the IPTV going ok. Problem I think is in the epg guide and/or database. I don't have her box in front of me but I downloaded **********. The path is not local but the papiao link, Prefer XMLTV (found in another forum on here). I have tried to find the file on the Amazon box but nothing is there. The guide does work. However, when I create a custom list, it will only work until I exit. When I return the custom list is gone.

I cannot recall how I got the xml file on the local path on my box there. I have and can use ADBFire. I suspect that since I'm using a url path, it is not saving the list in a database and I cannot recall how I got that working on my box.

Is it as simple as unchecking the sync with backend option? I would still be missing that file on the box though.

Kodi 16.1 on each box

Thank you!

YES! If you tic the sync groups with backend, you will lose all your custom work at each exit from Kodi. Since you are using the url for nfps.ninja, you would want to have the cache epg checked in the pvr setting. You also have the option of saving the epg to database and that is located in the same area of Kodi settings for live TV.

Hope that helps.