PDA

View Full Version : No More Apps in Market / Mickey Hop

Miles
07-05-2016, 05:09 PM
I have noticed that there's no more apps in Mickey Hop / Market section of TV Online 4. My friend told me that it's the same case as his TV Online 2. Is there a way for a user to manually add an app in an AVOV box?

dara
07-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Interesting... They might be going through a review of the apps, to make sure they aren't liable to be accused of 'something'.

Depending on whether an apk is compatible, you can install through a back door access of the installed package installer, but if you don't already have that backdoor method installed (e.g. Kodi), you won't have much luck.

Miles
07-05-2016, 05:55 PM
The apps that were already enabled before are still in "My Apps". Too bad for those who were not able to install Kodi before. I'm just wondering if an older firmware could be flash back to an AVOV receiver just like rolling back the firmware of a MAG.

A newer firmware update is showing in DL T1. I'm skeptical to take any more updates unless I'll get a feedback first from someone else.

Marley
07-05-2016, 06:04 PM
i would wait on this i have 0 now too

dara
07-05-2016, 06:06 PM
The apps that were already enabled before are still in "My Apps". Too bad for those who were not able to install Kodi before. I'm just wondering if an older firmware could be flash back to an AVOV receiver just like rolling back the firmware of a MAG.

A newer firmware update is showing in DL T1. I'm skeptical to take any more updates unless I'll get a feedback first from someone else.

Somebody has to be the guinea pig! I'm taking the T1 firmware update, and now the software download, as I type. As far as rolling back on either the AVOVs or the T1, I haven't seen any option to do so.

Miles
07-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Are the T1 apps still available after the T1 update? I don't think there's any option to disable the auto download the latest firmware in a T1; only an option to take the update or not. Sorry, the discussion is shifting to DL T1.

dara
07-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Are the T1 apps still available after the T1 update? I don't think there's any option to disable the auto download the latest firmware in a T1; only an option to take the update or not. Sorry, the discussion is shifting to DL T1.

Yeah... don't do that. It's your thread, but don't self-hijack.

leafs99
08-30-2016, 02:40 PM
Been reading that Mickeyhop is shutting down in 3 months. What does that mean to our boxes?

Juicer
08-30-2016, 07:45 PM
Been reading that Mickeyhop is shutting down in 3 months. What does that mean to our boxes?

Could you please post your sources?

Interesting if they really are going this direction, maybe bring the app store which would let google handle the apps and updates.

catz
08-30-2016, 08:06 PM
Posted on there face book page.

floder2
08-30-2016, 10:58 PM
So if you buy a new Avov tv-online V2 or plus......there are no apps in the market.....not even kodi 16.1 ??????????? and the MH-Addons site converting APK files is also worthless....then these boxes have nothing special going for them..................might as well get just a decent Android box...for less.....................

Marley
08-31-2016, 01:36 AM
dont start chit looking into this until then closed