PDA

View Full Version : XMLTV EPG File?

mriksman
06-14-2016, 11:50 PM
I noticed the status update;

********** site = Up
XMLTV EPG File = Up
Stalker server provided EPG = DOWN

My EPG isn't updating; I use the Stalker EPG Ninja Addon in Kodi, so I presume that's why.

I am curious though; What is this XMLTV EPG File? Can it be downloaded?

psycon
06-15-2016, 06:00 AM
you can now link your client right to the file with the following url http://nfps.**********

aCiDjEsUs
06-15-2016, 01:05 PM
you can now link your client right to the file with the following url http://nfps.**********

So Psycon, if we link directly to the url you gave is there still need for Stalker EPG Updater? Or they both work with conjuction with with each other?

PS: Thank you for all you hard work.

dotsadie
06-15-2016, 01:08 PM
Worked perfect for me.Thanks pyscon for the info great job!

psycon
06-15-2016, 03:09 PM
if you use the nfps.********** url the epg updater addon is not nessecary.
It is just an alternative, both methods will work.

aCiDjEsUs
06-15-2016, 03:13 PM
if you use the nfps.********** url the epg updater addon is not nessecary.
It is just an alternative, both methods will work.

Thank you sir.

Prophercy
06-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Psycon,

I'm using the xmltv URL instead of the addon. However i seem to be missing quite a few channels like ITV, BBC and most of the Sky channels. Also my guide is in black and white and not coloured. Feel like i've tried everything.

Can you help at all ?

expatter
06-17-2016, 07:46 PM
Psycon,

I'm using the xmltv URL instead of the addon. However i seem to be missing quite a few channels like ITV, BBC and most of the Sky channels. Also my guide is in black and white and not coloured. Feel like i've tried everything.

Can you help at all ?

Verify that you have selected 'xmltv only' under 'guide preference' within the pvr addon settings as if you are getting the server version you won't get the colour version of the epg. As far as the blank channels...looks like the epg hasn't been updated since the 15th, so that would explain that.

Frankie7
06-18-2016, 01:09 PM
Sorry to be a pain but how do I add the URL into the built into Kodi PVR Stalker client? Thanks

bardamus
06-18-2016, 05:16 PM
I'm glad someone asked this since I wasn't too sure either....Frankie I think it goes here ( could someone confirm PLEASE?):

PVR Stalker Client settings >> Portal 1 >> XMLTV >> Remote URL >>

I have >> special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/epg_xmltv.xml

ARE WE SUPPOSED TO ADD http://nfps.********** to above area?

THANKS Psycon & everyone.

dara
06-18-2016, 05:21 PM
I'm glad someone asked this since I wasn't too sure either....Frankie I think it goes here ( could someone confirm PLEASE?):

PVR Stalker Client settings >> Portal 1 >> XMLTV >> Remote URL >>

I have >> special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/epg_xmltv.xml

ARE WE SUPPOSED TO ADD http://nfps.********** to above area?

THANKS Psycon & everyone.

That is correct, replace the url with the new one. If you do this, you can disable the ********** updater service, as it wouldn't be needed.

bardamus
06-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Awesome....thank you Dara!!

Bkman2020
06-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Epg will not work till provider fixes the issue ,recommend not to adjust any files until the epg issue has been resolved

dinkish
06-18-2016, 05:42 PM
I don't think I've actually taken the time to gives thanks for the service let alone the EPG. My elderly father relies on this as his primary source of entertainment. I want to sincerely say thank you.

I'll wait the 24 hours after changing the remote url, and let him know that it's going to be back up if I did everything correctly. He's so happy to be able to watch so many channels anyways, it's just a bummer that I didn't login to see this thread.

Thank you again.
~D

godassassin
06-18-2016, 09:37 PM
can i use this url for a online tv guide like titan tv?

dara
06-18-2016, 10:13 PM
can i use this url for a online tv guide like titan tv?

No......................

vineet381
06-19-2016, 03:21 AM
Can someone please confirm Is the epg ninja service down?

TVFan
06-19-2016, 03:29 AM
Yes..................

vineet381
06-19-2016, 03:32 AM
Appreciate the prompt response.

Frankie7
06-19-2016, 09:19 AM
Thanks guys for the responses

TVFan
06-19-2016, 02:40 PM
The guide data seems to be available again.

I had to manually download the xml file, and then had to delete the TV89.db file, but I now have a full guide.

Edit: just went over to my Linux partition and the guide loaded fine on it's own. Still had to "Clear Data" and delete the "TV29.db" file, then reboot Kodi though.

bardamus
06-19-2016, 06:15 PM
Sweeeeeet.....my guide loaded up again. Hope someone can shine some light on this.....I changed the REMOTE URL to http://nfps.**********
and somehow the xml file still shows up in /userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/epg_xmltv.xml --(I deleted it thru my troubleshooting routine )

epg updater addon is DISABLED
I'm on Android

How does epg_xmlt.xml download to the same place? when PVR Stalker has no setting in it (when REMOTE URL = http://nfps.********** ) telling it where the xml file should be downloaded to?

When the guide had problems ( assuming provider backend was UP ) my troubleshooting routine was:
clear data in System >> Live TV >> General & Guide
DELETE epg_xmltv.xml & Epg11.db and restart Kodi for a good guide pull.

The above routine is still needed, yeah? No worries if we don't get an explanation for how the xml file ends up where it is with new REMOTE URL setting.....Just glad
everything works. MANY THANKS everyone.

dara
06-19-2016, 07:26 PM
I don't think it matters, but make sure you are looking at the right folder, you might be looking at the pvr.stalker.nfps data folder instead. The PVRs use EPG*.db files they populate through the xmltv file from where ever it gets it. In normal operation, you shouldn't have to do your routine, but if you are 'working', maybe you shouldn't 'fix it'.

bardamus
06-19-2016, 09:45 PM
Thanks Dara.....Yes, I think when it ain't broke don't fix it.....BUT if there's a better way of doing things - why not try it? Ok, so just wondering:
Is there any advantage of this new REMOTE URL change versus the old special://_ ?? THANKS again.

dara
06-19-2016, 10:48 PM
I prefer a less busy machine, and less services running. However, if one jumps in and out of the pvr multiple times, and forces a new epg load, thats where you can get yourself banned from the ********** server... the service will help with that by timing the download.

curgs
06-19-2016, 11:32 PM
I noticed there is an epg11 and a epg 10.db. Why is there 2 , whats the difference

Bkman2020
06-20-2016, 12:22 AM
why do you want to edit the files?

curgs
06-20-2016, 12:48 AM
i'm noticing right now the guide data tries to load twice then kicks me right out of kodi

is it still messed up? I was able to view the guide, it is showing the right times now but no guide info, then it froze and kicked me out

finally got it going . had to delete tv29

anyone know if I need epg10 in my folder , there is epg10 and 11 there

crazed 9.6
06-20-2016, 12:56 AM
:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq0fUa0vW_E

psycon
06-20-2016, 05:31 AM
guide data was messed due to some changes.. should be good now.. all the PPV channels should also pupulate (wether or not they have detailed data is a diffferent story)

ilan
06-20-2016, 10:03 PM
Good tune, Crazed! Simple, clean...great early Cash.

ljhookem14
06-21-2016, 06:11 AM
Here's what I did and it worked first time. No odd or different ways of doing things either.

1) As I always do when changing some things I ran Raw MAINT and Cleared Cache & Purged Packages

2) PVR.Stalker: changed local to remote path an added the http://nfps.**********

3) Epg Ninja Repo - Services: DISABLED EPG Updater

4) KODI - QUIT COMMAND

5) Went into ES File Explorer and deleted the epg11.db in database folder and then also deleted "epg_xmltv.xmlepg_xmltv.xml" in Temp folder

Note: Some changed the path but I had it like was supposed to be ran by the Epg Updater. If your file is elsewhere, go delete it.

6) Started KODI back up and it loaded easily.

NOTE: I did not delete the TV29.db folder because I have too many customizations. So it's not needed to delete.

Hope this helps some especially the users who have to go inside ES File Explorer.

You can also delete these files thru the FILE MANAGER in KODI. If you need help with that ask and someone can help show you including myself.

Prophercy
06-25-2016, 08:57 AM
Verify that you have selected 'xmltv only' under 'guide preference' within the pvr addon settings as if you are getting the server version you won't get the colour version of the epg. As far as the blank channels...looks like the epg hasn't been updated since the 15th, so that would explain that.

I can't see an option for XMLTV Only under Add On settings for the PVR IPTV Simple Client. I am running Kodi 16.1

RidgeGuy
06-29-2016, 04:26 AM
PVR Stalker Guide
I started by deleting KODI in its entirety and reinstalling it. I only used PVR Stalker Client that comes with KODI, not the NFPS version . I did NOT install IPTV STalker ( Blue or the Red Plus version) You dont need to install anything as KODI comes with PVR stalker client. Once you get the EPG working, you can re-add your add-ons, back-up etc

Go to NFPS and reset IPTV. Got to Kodi – System- Setting – Addons – My Addons – PVR Clients.
Go to PVR Stalker
General tab
Set Active Portal to 1
Set timeout to 15
Portal 1
MAC: 00:1A:78:XX:XX:XX (put your mac address as assigned here)
IPTV Portal/Server: portal#.iptvprivateserver.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html (after portal put your portal number in place of the number sign
Login: Your Donation #
Password: Your Donation #
Preference: XMLTV Only
Cache Guide Data: Yes
Cache Time : 24 hours
Scope: Remote URL
URL: http://nfps.**********
Advanced: Token
Serial #: 13 Digit Hexadecimal number (i.e.155A672DE0722)
Android Device ID # 1: any 4 numbers (4 works for me)
Device ID # 2 any 4 numbers
Signature #: any 4 numbers
**Will give error on first try. Don’t panic. It should start to load within a minute. If not release IPTV and change mac and try again**

jra305
07-01-2016, 07:58 PM
PVR Stalker Guide
I started by deleting KODI in its entirety and reinstalling it. I only used PVR Stalker Client that comes with KODI, not the NFPS version . I did NOT install IPTV STalker ( Blue or the Red Plus version) You dont need to install anything as KODI comes with PVR stalker client. Once you get the EPG working, you can re-add your add-ons, back-up etc

Go to NFPS and reset IPTV. Got to Kodi – System- Setting – Addons – My Addons – PVR Clients.
Go to PVR Stalker
General tab
Set Active Portal to 1
Set timeout to 15
Portal 1
MAC: 00:1A:78:XX:XX:XX (put your mac address as assigned here)
IPTV Portal/Server: portal#.iptvprivateserver.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html (after portal put your portal number in place of the number sign
Login: Your Donation #
Password: Your Donation #
Preference: XMLTV Only
Cache Guide Data: Yes
Cache Time : 24 hours
Scope: Remote URL
URL: http://nfps.**********
Advanced: Token
Serial #: 13 Digit Hexadecimal number (i.e.155A672DE0722)
Android Device ID # 1: any 4 numbers (4 works for me)
Device ID # 2 any 4 numbers
Signature #: any 4 numbers
**Will give error on first try. Don’t panic. It should start to load within a minute. If not release IPTV and change mac and try again**

I followed these steps and the guide was working this past weekend but as of today I see it is no longer working. Does anyone know if epg ninja is down at the moment?

RidgeGuy
07-07-2016, 07:50 PM
go to system settings..go to tv and where it is enabled...turn it off , clear data where it asks below...then enable TV...i sometimes have to do this...but with the directions above it is still working...

Screamsi
07-20-2016, 03:11 AM
I'm having an issue with the UK channels. After 24 hours (the xmltv cache), the UK channels do not update automatically. All of the other epg data is correct other than those specific channels (#1-20, 21, etc.) Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

admin7
07-21-2016, 02:43 PM
What do you put in Token block?
Will this guide work with windows pc? and PVR Stalker that came with Jarvis 16.1

thanks guys

ilan
07-21-2016, 03:36 PM
Don't put anything in the token field. Yes, it will work with Kodi 16.1's native PVR Stalker Client on a Windows PC.

admin7
07-22-2016, 12:30 AM
thanks ILAN for the response, I have some black areas in the guide are there anything I can do about them?

admin7
07-22-2016, 06:53 PM
Thank you! RidgeGuy this guide worked liked a charm appreicate it, one ? though do you have the black areas in the guide where its not filled in I have alot.

thanks again for the help.

JohnJohn4
12-29-2016, 08:17 PM
How do I see the link?

ilan
12-30-2016, 12:09 AM
What link? The remote link for the EPG is

http://yahyabell.com

That's YAHYABELL

xdetoursx
01-02-2017, 04:51 PM
What link? The remote link for the EPG is