PDA

View Full Version : Tvonline 4 review

Ghost2k
06-01-2016, 09:57 PM
I just got this box today, turned out to be just a overhyped box because most of the features don't work. The gridded guide we were promised doesnt even work. The picture quality is horrible, the picture looked good on my avov plus but on this box its grainy and heavily pixelated for sd and hd looks decent but still not upto par with the other box, im guessing 4k would work better but havnt tried it. The Nova middleware app looks weird and does not look as advertised feels rushed. There is no 4k option in the video settings it only goes upto 1080p and doesn't even have 4 k resolution option. The remote that comes with the box is ok much simpler than the old plus remote quality feels ok though just as a standard plus remote. The box itself feels like its high quality heavier than the older boxes with a much sleeker look. I'm gonna try to get a refund for the box, but totally disappointed.

Ghost2k
06-01-2016, 10:06 PM
one more thing the remote doesnt have the play/pause buttons for movies used in kodi in the avov plus

Marley
06-01-2016, 10:43 PM
first do you have setting to 1080p 60hz next Nova middleware app were is that ? im running this picture now sd yea that sucks on everything but hd you get bad picture that weird mine is clean had friends say wow and click ok to pause and 4k just go utube and play 4k and see how that is i didnt need to change a thing funny thing i just had someone say that picture is great and that the truth so some thing is up with your box my kids say bs this has great picture and this is on my vizio

theone
06-01-2016, 11:06 PM
I just got this box today, turned out to be just a overhyped box because most of the features don't work. The gridded guide we were promised doesnt even work. The picture quality is horrible, the picture looked good on my avov plus but on this box its grainy and heavily pixelated for sd and hd looks decent but still not upto par with the other box, im guessing 4k would work better but havnt tried it. The Nova middleware app looks weird and does not look as advertised feels rushed. There is no 4k option in the video settings it only goes upto 1080p and doesn't even have 4 k resolution option. The remote that comes with the box is ok much simpler than the old plus remote quality feels ok though just as a standard plus remote. The box itself feels like its high quality heavier than the older boxes with a much sleeker look. I'm gonna try to get a refund for the box, but totally disappointed.

Nothing wrong with this box. Tested it myself and works great. Picture is better then my fuse.

a-team
06-02-2016, 12:35 AM

Can you explain which features are not working? We would like to address this.

katrachoboy1
06-02-2016, 03:17 AM
It's absolutely ridiculous how you can talk so bad about this box after only having it for one day you need to give the A-team the time to finish the updates and push them thru. Another thing give yourself some time to adjust to it, play with it a little bit and give yourself a chance to really get to know the box and it's features. Don't waste people time with posts like this.

a-team
06-02-2016, 05:13 AM
What we notice is, MAG and other people are out to get us for unknown reasons. I guess they are not happy we are disturbing the market. Regardless, we will continue doing what we are good at. Although our team members have noticed users with low post counts are usually the ones to bash or with negative comments and no constructive criticism. If you are so upset about issues, report them. In-fact, you can report them at: http://avovtech.com/report-a-bug - however if you don't want to report the issues to support the box then I can give my opinion in: keep your opinion to your self if you are not here to support and be along the growth.

Sorry, but we're not sorry - we love everyone who supports us but when we see users with low post count and history of bashing we must stand up for our selves. We work around the clock to produce better products and update as much as we can. I hope you all can understand and realize we never deny a customer, deny support or valid warranty. But if you want to be an a**hole then we will deny you. We have no space or time for that.

Thanks again for all the support, hope you can all understand where we come from! We are here from the start and plan to stay a long time. Despite the negativity from haters.

Ghost2k
06-02-2016, 05:27 AM
What are you talking about history of bashing I never even posted a negative review of a box before my box has very bad picture quality maybe it's the box I'll try to return it and get a new one. The features I was talking about twas the gridded guide feature I press guide and nothing happens. Y is the avov team on my tail I have two tvonline plus boxes that I am happy with. It was just criticism. What do you mean keep your opinions to yourself I can't even post what I feel.

Ghost2k
06-02-2016, 05:35 AM
first do you have setting to 1080p 60hz next Nova middleware app were is that ? im running this picture now sd yea that sucks on everything but hd you get bad picture that weird mine is clean had friends say wow and click ok to pause and 4k just go utube and play 4k and see how that is i didnt need to change a thing funny thing i just had someone say that picture is great and that the truth so some thing is up with your box my kids say bs this has great picture and this is on my vizio
Tnx man for tring to help me out I'm getting terrible quality on my box it's really pixelated and grainy. My plus works flawlessly picture quality is great. I can't do 60hz I have it set to 50 hz cuz the picture doesn't come too well. I think it's the tv, it works fine on 50 tho. Would be great to have the option to change to 4k from the box. I was talking about the play button it's using nova middleware so I just called it the nova middleware app.

Ghost2k
06-02-2016, 05:37 AM
Can you explain which features are not working? We would like to address this.

Guide feature doesn't work and can't change to 4k resolution from the box

crazed 9.6
06-02-2016, 05:41 AM
easy guys
I am gonna stop this before it goes further.
There have been members and posts with some avov bashing recently and also in the past.
Some take it upon themselves to bash avov every opportunity. Our A-Team member sees all this and it just happened again today earlier.
That fella was banned from our site here.

Ghost2k, I read your post earlier and obviously you have not been banned. But you gotta understand our view with this bashing that has taken place in the past.
That has put us and the team on edge when it comes to avov criticism.

A-teams comments may not have been souly directed at you but directed at those that choose to bash the avov for altereier reasons.
So, hopefully I cleared this up :)

Marley
06-02-2016, 06:01 AM
look you said it had bad picture which i said was weird could be box all my friends and family i asked them to look at the picture and see if they got what you saw they all said no way looks to real thats what i posted and i didnt use my 4k tv just my vizo tv that why they all said bs to the picture which i told you was truth . a-team is here to help in any way they can but to give them so much chit i can see why they are this way they are trying so hard to make all happy which in real life no way can be done so yes Ghost2k i can see why they are mad too please give this box a little time too really that all anyone ask true it not at it full potential which is true but it will be

Ghost2k
06-02-2016, 06:15 AM
Sorry guys came out the wrong way, didn't mean to bash the box at all just I had issues with my box. I'll try to talk to avov about sending me a replacement t box I think mines just messed up. It was just that I waited for this box for soon long and had many high hopes for this one and I think avov is an great company that makes quality products. I have the plus and must say it's great unit to have. Very easy to use and navigate really like the remote on that one too. Didn't mean to start a post war.

Marley
06-02-2016, 06:19 AM
check out beta test post think will have your guide your talking about http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?18827-nova-beta-tester

Biglo
06-02-2016, 11:53 AM
I don't think @Ghost2k was doing any unnecessary ranting or bashing, he was simply giving his review of the device. I don't think you can really blame him to much because when the device was advertised it was shown to have a grid guide (Which a lot of people are looking forward to or wanted) and PVR features. Now had they said that none of these features will be available when the device is launched then he would have no reason to make this kind of review. Basically the hardware aspect of the device is completed but the software is still under development so its still incomplete. I preordered one as well and I'm quite disappointed as well that the PVR and grid guide are not available because it was the main reasons why I purchased the device. Hopefully the software updates will come soon to rectify these concerns but I'm siding with @Ghost2k he said nothing wrong just gave his review, people need to stop considering everything as bashing every time they see a bad review. Some people enjoy the device and some people don't.

a-team
06-02-2016, 03:24 PM
We are here to listen to the community for feedback so we can further develop our products. That is our primary goal, I hope you all can understand! :) We're always around ^_^

Marley
06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
they did on pvr said it would be a few weeks now it was shown to have a grid guide try this http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1...va-beta-tester dont know if its up yet and yes none of us here banned him as you can see we are not here to stop the truth all mods should never do that i even said there may be something wrong with box because of the picture now a cam is still a cam and 480 is still that

a-team
06-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Guide feature doesn't work and can't change to 4k resolution from the box

Did you take a moment to report it at http://avovtech.com/report-a-bug? If you can do so our team has meeting this Sunday to discuss the initial issues we have come across to address this. Hope you can understand.

Biglo
06-02-2016, 09:29 PM
I understand what the situation is now but it would have been nice to know that the device would be released without all of the features present. Hopefully the team to quickly get the guide and pvr and whatever is features working soon. Obviously the only thing thats important to me is the grid guide and the PVR.

Deadwood
06-02-2016, 09:33 PM
I don't feel its my place to jump in on this but there are some possibilities that some members may not be aware of. First, it is "highly" recommended for those who want 4K to upgrade their HDMI cable from a 1.4 version to a 2.0 version and yes, there are some differences which "may" be the cause of bad video or picture quality. Hard to tell as it could be related to a whole lot of things aside from the TVonline4 box. Like I mentioned, I can't be sure but if your modem, router or gateway is dropping packets......this could cause pixelation, bad or skipped video, I really can't be dead positive but I will be getting my box next week and I "might" be able to provide some better input via my own review. I have a Vixo 2 and no problems aside from whatever limits or limitations it has with apps or hardware resources. I really don't bother using a remote with any of the android boxes, not even the Nvidia Shield as a bluetooth mouse & keyboard are way better than the controller or the optional remote but then that's my opinion and how I feel about mice vs remotes or controllers. Whenever I bash a box, I do it discreetly with a 5lb sledge.

Ghost2k
06-03-2016, 03:53 AM
I don't feel its my place to jump in on this but there are some possibilities that some members may not be aware of. First, it is "highly" recommended for those who want 4K to upgrade their HDMI cable from a 1.4 version to a 2.0 version and yes, there are some differences which "may" be the cause of bad video or picture quality. Hard to tell as it could be related to a whole lot of things aside from the TVonline4 box. Like I mentioned, I can't be sure but if your modem, router or gateway is dropping packets......this could cause pixelation, bad or skipped video, I really can't be dead positive but I will be getting my box next week and I "might" be able to provide some better input via my own review. I have a Vixo 2 and no problems aside from whatever limits or limitations it has with apps or hardware resources. I really don't bother using a remote with any of the android boxes, not even the Nvidia Shield as a bluetooth mouse & keyboard are way better than the controller or the optional remote but then that's my opinion and how I feel about mice vs remotes or controllers. Whenever I bash a box, I do it discreetly with a 5lb sledge.

I'm sure it's not my connection my plus box has much better quality plus the hd playback is a bit lacking it will skip a few frames here and there it just doesn't feel like normal playback. I'm using hdmi 2.1 on it too. Plus have a 4k tv Think it's just my box I'll take some pictures or a video for you guys so you guys can see what I'm seeing

Ghost2k
06-03-2016, 03:55 AM
I'll make some videos and maybe you guys can let me know if you guys are getting better quality

Marley
06-03-2016, 05:03 AM
other people should have there box tomorrow lets see what they say too about the picture im off to jump in pool it 100 degree still here

Deadwood
06-03-2016, 05:35 AM
I'll make some videos and maybe you guys can let me know if you guys are getting better quality

My curiousity got the better of me so I went to the AVOV website to read up on their return / refund / replacement policy was and I discovered they post a number to call to get an RMA number which you will need. They don't allot a very large time frame as it must be returned within 21 days with an RMA number. I would strongly advise you to call them asap, get an RMA number and ship it back express post. Aside from the frequency difference you posted, I really don't know what to suggest other than what I have posted here. Good luck and hope your problem is resolved as I'm sure it will be.

theone
06-03-2016, 11:27 AM
I just finished watching 2 PPV movies on Rocket last night, 10 Cloverfield and The Boss and I have to tell you that the Picture was Amazing with no hiccup what so ever not even a microfreeze so I have no idea how you can post that the Picture is bad on this box. Looked like 1080 HD to me.

mbry
06-03-2016, 11:53 AM

I setup mine yesterday with no problems. After connecting to Rocket the picture at first was grainy, lots of small horizontal lines running across screen. After a reboot and a couple minutes it cleared up just fine. Better picture quality than my Tvonline plus box. So far I'm real happy with the new box. Just have to install and setup Kodi next. My want to try out the beta nova.

wickedjoker
06-03-2016, 04:20 PM
I got mine last night and I have to say its a fast little box. So far I am happy with and it will be replacing my fuse. A few things I noticed the picture is horrible at 1080p 24hz but then again the other boxes look the same way so I am not surprised by this. So I am running at 60hz oh well no skin off my back. The apps are a little spars what happened to the adult content? Now for the good the speed of the channels seems to have improved or the box is just awesome when i click on a channel it comes up right away no issues the HD channels have Zero issues over all I am happy. Kodi was a breeze to install and i did a few other apps.

Ok for the remote yes it looks super cheap but i think it actually works better than the fuze or tvonline + remote. I have been trying my air mouse but I notice an issue when entering the url or donation number and password if i press ok to go to the next line it jumps to the show advanced and I cant type with the on screen keyboard kind of lame. The air mouse remote works fine in kodi so this is good!

mbry
06-03-2016, 04:46 PM
I got mine last night and I have to say its a fast little box. So far I am happy with and it will be replacing my fuse. A few things I noticed the picture is horrible at 1080p 24hz but then again the other boxes look the same way so I am not surprised by this. So I am running at 60hz oh well no skin off my back. The apps are a little spars what happened to the adult content? Now for the good the speed of the channels seems to have improved or the box is just awesome when i click on a channel it comes up right away no issues the HD channels have Zero issues over all I am happy. Kodi was a breeze to install and i did a few other apps.

Ok for the remote yes it looks super cheap but i think it actually works better than the fuze or tvonline + remote. I have been trying my air mouse but I notice an issue when entering the url or donation number and password if i press ok to go to the next line it jumps to the show advanced and I cant type with the on screen keyboard kind of lame. The air mouse remote works fine in kodi so this is good!

When checking my box its on 1080p/50htz,I guess default. When I try to change to 1080p/60htz or even 720p after a couple of seconds go's back to 1080p/50htz. Is this correct?
Also when checking if there is any updates manually its stuck in factory reset. Do Avov not want use to manually check for updates or is there a problem?
Less important weather keeps bouncing around to diff citys, mostly on correct one though.

Marley
06-03-2016, 05:13 PM
ok for me in usa its 60hz need to change it to that in setting 1080p 60hz
turn updates on please it works
now on the airmouse i use mine till i get the other one yes sometimes it moves to fast i click a and get 7 of them but thats not box its what i use if i sit right it works perfect
anyone that say this box has bad picture try and watch pi in 4k upscale youll never say that again even 1080p is great on eyes blue ray is better
this box is very fast on kodi yes the remote looks ok but it lot better then the other ones which you said and that is true
check out nova beta test look in vod and check some of the trailers out very nice and guild when all is working will be the bomb
now try the sound out too and i paired my samsung tv in blue tooth
really need to play with it you'll fine more and more out the more you use it
will they load more apps sure they will
this box is now in my living room on my 4k tv and everyone the seen it said wow and thats no lie this is and will be one bad azz box thanks all for reading i talk to much and what more can i say the one that know kodi will say yup this box is fast

theone
06-03-2016, 05:14 PM
When checking my box its on 1080p/50htz,I guess default. When I try to change to 1080p/60htz or even 720p after a couple of seconds go's back to 1080p/50htz. Is this correct?
Also when checking if there is any updates manually its stuck in factory reset. Do Avov not want use to manually check for updates or is there a problem?
Less important weather keeps bouncing around to diff citys, mostly on correct one though.

When you go to System Info, the system update show be highlighted first not factory data reset so you do have an issue there. The weather is correct that it bounces around although I would prefer to keep it for where Live, as for the picture. I tested all the changes and they stayed with which ever one I picked. I have it at 1080i-60hz

Marley
06-03-2016, 05:31 PM
just to let all know 1080i is 720p so if you have 1080p tv change it to that
If you live in the United States, 60hz is the standard, and has been for years
little read
http://www.brighthub.com/electronics/home-theater/articles/45256.aspx
What refresh rate do I want?
Sharp Aquos HDTV
If you live in the United States, 60hz is the standard, and has been for years. If you live outside the states, 50hz is the standard. We are only going to discuss the US standard. The reason why this is an issue at all is because TV programming is shot at 30 frames per second (fps). Therefore on a 60hz TV you get one interlaced frame per refresh, or two progressive frames. Films are shot at 24 fps which doesn’t divide correctly into 60hz. Since 24 doesn’t go into 60 properly, your TV has to implement a technique called “3:2 pulldown". While the math behind the technique isn’t important to you or me, it is important to note that while it allows for films to be displayed on a 60hz television, as it has done reliably for the past 60 years, it leaves an undesirable effect in the shape of a micro stutter. This is most noticeable on pans.

so mbry
are you in canada
When checking my box its on 1080p/50htz,I guess default.
If you live in the United States, 60hz is the standard, and has been for years. If you live outside the states, 50hz is the standard.

wickedjoker
06-03-2016, 05:38 PM
ASFT 24hz is for 1080p yes 1080i at 60 works fine but if it is a true high def box it should have no issue rendering at 1080p/24. I think the issue I am seeing is more with the station I was looking. In Kodi it looks fine so must just be something with NFPS good old SD channels anyways I will run it at 60hz. BTW I have the same air mouse they advertise unless they did something special to it I would think it should work the same.

ok for me in usa its 60hz need to change it to that in setting 1080p 60hz
turn updates on please it works
now on the airmouse i use mine till i get the other one yes sometimes it moves to fast i click a and get 7 of them but thats not box its what i use if i sit right it works perfect
anyone that say this box has bad picture try and watch pi in 4k upscale youll never say that again even 1080p is great on eyes blue ray is better
this box is very fast on kodi yes the remote looks ok but it lot better then the other ones which you said and that is true
check out nova beta test look in vod and check some of the trailers out very nice and guild when all is working will be the bomb
now try the sound out too and i paired my samsung tv in blue tooth
really need to play with it you'll fine more and more out the more you use it
will they load more apps sure they will
this box is now in my living room on my 4k tv and everyone the seen it said wow and thats no lie this is and will be one bad azz box thanks all for reading i talk to much and what more can i say the one that know kodi will say yup this box is fast

Marley
06-03-2016, 05:47 PM
First off, 24hz is 23.96hz, the standard for video recording. 60hz is a simple multiple of 24, and that's what TV is broadcast at. 120hz is a misnomer, as that is interpolation (which produces a shakey affect, like a soap opera) and not truly how the movie looks.

As an aside, 72hz or 96hz are also multiples available on very high end TV's namely plasma's that are THX certified.

If a movie is shot in standard 24p, bumping it to 60hz gives no extra visual information. Bumping that to 120hz or 240hz gives no extra visual information as well. There really is no difference.

Leave it at 60hz for that TV, as that's what is it's standard.

Marley
06-03-2016, 09:41 PM
what i run over 120 apps in kodi for me mickeyhop is to add kodi and run maybe two apps really i dont use that but they have 32 and will be more if you dont know how to use kodi now tvonline iptv works fine i use air mouse for internet and add info should get one will not say anything about mag

Ghost2k
06-03-2016, 09:47 PM
little read
Sharp Aquos HDTV
If you live in the United States, 60hz is the standard, and has been for years. If you live outside the states, 50hz is the standard. We are only going to discuss the US standard. The reason why this is an issue at all is because TV programming is shot at 30 frames per second (fps). Therefore on a 60hz TV you get one interlaced frame per refresh, or two progressive frames. Films are shot at 24 fps which doesn’t divide correctly into 60hz. Since 24 doesn’t go into 60 properly, your TV has to implement a technique called “3:2 pulldown". While the math behind the technique isn’t important to you or me, it is important to note that while it allows for films to be displayed on a 60hz television, as it has done reliably for the past 60 years, it leaves an undesirable effect in the shape of a micro stutter. This is most noticeable on pans.

so mbry
are you in canada
If you live in the United States, 60hz is the standard, and has been for years. If you live outside the states, 50hz is the standard.

Tnx man didn't know that. Live in canada. Learn something everyday

mbry
06-03-2016, 09:52 PM
little read
Sharp Aquos HDTV

so mbry
are you in canada

Nope I am in the U.S/Calif
So should I chose 1080i or p? Will also change to 60htz correct?
I have a Sony Bravia 50

Marley
06-03-2016, 10:38 PM
1080p at 60hz i would use thats for any tv that can do 1080p now the old 720p tv they can do 720p or 1080i at 60hz in usa

kellygee
06-03-2016, 11:48 PM
OMG, the picture quality is bad. Tested all kinds of settings, the pixels is almost broken when a fast image comes around. Tried the 24 and 60Hz, no big differences. Back to my old box, hopefully fixed soon. Thanks.

Marley
06-03-2016, 11:57 PM
man i just dont get it i got to say bs on that but i will find out the truth

Marley
06-04-2016, 12:08 AM
please send me a picture really i want to find out the truth and will send it in i dont see it been using this box over a week now please im not calling anyone a liar but in my eyes i see it that way please show me and i will get to the bottom of this and they sold a shit load of these boxes and guess what they are not getting any from what your saying from there customer so again please show me a picture I will say sorry to you if im wrong thats how i feel about this and not a cam but they look ok too

theone
06-04-2016, 12:52 AM
OMG, the picture quality is bad. Tested all kinds of settings, the pixels is almost broken when a fast image comes around. Tried the 24 and 60Hz, no big differences. Back to my old box, hopefully fixed soon. Thanks.

Not sure what your watching but I watched a few PPV movies and picture is awesome here. Either you don't have one and trying to stir crap or you need to check your settings but I can assure you there's nothing wrong with the picture.

Ghost2k
06-04-2016, 03:00 AM
please send me a picture really i want to find out the truth and will send it in i dont see it been using this box over a week now please im not calling anyone a liar but in my eyes i see it that way please show me and i will get to the bottom of this and they sold a shit load of these boxes and guess what they are not getting any from what your saying from there customer so again please show me a picture I will say sorry to you if im wrong thats how i feel about this and not a cam but they look ok too

here are the images as promised sorry for the delay i was busy. tried everything to fix the quality to no avail tried different wires, reset the box, changed settings everything.

hxxp://postimg.org/gallery/6mamzloc/

top 3 are avov plus picture hd hd sd
the rest are tv online 4 hd sd ds
sd hd sd

crazed 9.6
06-04-2016, 03:04 AM
i do not understand.
Picture quality is a variable , depending on your system.
Pics of one do not explain anything. Or are needed.

MuPenguin
06-04-2016, 03:09 AM
Like most of you I got the box yesterday and its great so far super fast compared to the online+ with my iptv service and the air remote works pretty well too! Soooo amazing job so far AVOV team!

Quick question: I'm in Canada and I have a 4K Samsung UHD TV....from what I read in earlier replies should I only be able to do 1080p-50hz? As it defaults to that for me despite selecting 60hz. (I have updated all the software too) :)

Ghost2k
06-04-2016, 03:37 AM
i do not understand.
Picture quality is a variable , depending on your system.
Pics of one do not explain anything. Or are needed.

I just gave an example the plus boxes of the same service and setup are on top thr pics from the 4k box are on the bottom. The sd is tv channels and hd is a vod. All the channels are the same

kellygee
06-04-2016, 03:37 AM
Not sure what your watching but I watched a few PPV movies and picture is awesome here. Either you don't have one and trying to stir crap or you need to check your settings but I can assure you there's nothing wrong with the picture.

I love AVOV boxes, I have all of their boxes. Easy to use. PPV movies and other VOD movies plays fine, good quality. Just that any of my IPTV subscription is not working right. I have tried IPTV66 and NFPS. Will try again during the weekend. Faster, no question, kodi runs so smooth, just not what I expected with the image. Thanks for the response.

Marley
06-04-2016, 03:46 AM
see i run it on the worse tv i have and its clean picture they asked for picture i sent it i dont get it but i know for fact this box has very clean picture not using my 4k tv test it on the 7 tv i have and all are clean even my cheap sanyo that i got for few hundred bucks has clean picture

Ghost2k
06-04-2016, 03:51 AM
see i run it on the worse tv i have and its clean picture they asked for picture i sent it i dont get it but i know for fact this box has very clean picture not using my 4k tv test it on the 7 tv i have and all are clean even my cheap sanyo

I don't know what it is I'm not saying you guys are lieing I think my box is messed up I'm gonna try to get a new one and see how it goes. Kinda sucks for me I gotta wait even longer but it is true though love avov and what they bring to the table. Still going to do business with them just want to get my box replaced

Marley
06-04-2016, 03:54 AM
maybe its the hdmi cable i dont use that one in box or do a box reset like i said have mine at 1080p at 60 hz

Marley
06-04-2016, 04:06 AM
Ghost2k yes you could have a bad box i just dont know need talk to them and put a ticket in im sure they will help you even they are at lost about me telling them about this how bad picture is for you

Ghost2k
06-04-2016, 04:06 AM
maybe its the hdmi cable i dont use that one in box or do a box reset like i said have mine at 1080p at 60 hz
Tnx for the reply man
Did a factory reset and even changed the cables. Didn't work.

Ghost2k
06-04-2016, 04:07 AM
Ghost2k yes you could have a bad box i just dont know need talk to them and put a ticket in im sure they will help you
Tnx man will do that

Marley
06-04-2016, 04:17 AM
one last thing did the box update and what is your version turn update on mine is build 1.0.3

Ghost2k
06-04-2016, 04:34 AM
one last thing did the box update and what is your version turn update on mine is build 1.0.3

it didnt update yet but it is on 1.0.3.

rudawgg
06-04-2016, 01:13 PM
I'm Having the same problem that Ghost2k is having!
i just purchase the tvonline 4. i'm having problem with the video output. i have a smartv that is capable of displaying 1080I -60hz display. Im trying to change the box display to this setting but when i do the picture become smaller in the left corner of the screen even when i tried the 720p-60hz. I tried different HDMI and also different tv and is doing the samething.

mbry
06-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Mine is working great but I had the same issue with the display settings on the box. Mine shows in display settings 1080p/50hz. When trying to change next screen shows 1080p/60hz already highlighted, like that's where its was previous set to. When trying to change just shows 1080p/50hz on initial screen.
Sounds strange but I can't complain because it is working well. Much better than my online plus box.

rudawgg
06-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Mine is working great but I had the same issue with the display settings on the box. Mine shows in display settings 1080p/50hz. When trying to change next screen shows 1080p/60hz already highlighted, like that's where its was previous set to. When trying to change just shows 1080p/50hz on initial screen.
Sounds strange but I can't complain because it is working well. Much better than my online plus box.

what's really going on? when i tried to change the field it also said is already set to 1080p but when i go back it said 420p

Deadwood
06-04-2016, 02:59 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous how you can talk so bad about this box after only having it for one day you need to give the A-team the time to finish the updates and push them thru. Another thing give yourself some time to adjust to it, play with it a little bit and give yourself a chance to really get to know the box and it's features. Don't waste people time with posts like this.

I think his problem with the box is not one that most will have when they get this box. As for giving time, if time is needed, it has already passed. Simply put, you don't sell wheels before checking the spokes and making sure they are round and balanced. If the box is not working right from the get go, allowing time to adjust to it won't accomplish anything. Keep in mind there is a 21 day return policy which includes the time to call them and get an RMA number. As for wasting people's time, I don't think people are forced to read or comment on anyone's post. In short, criticism doesn't provide support, it just deters people from posting or asking questions. If he wasn't having an issue, he wouldn't be going to the trouble of making it known.
Easy way to solve his problem is for him to contact AVOV get an RMA number, ship it back, have them look at it and make whatever changes or replace the box with another one. If there is nothing wrong with the box, they ship it back to him with a notice that all is good with the box, no problems found. He pays shipping and problem is solved. If there is no problem and this turns out to be something else, that too can be noted here in the forum. Either way, it won't be a waste of time if the situation is resolved.

Marley
06-04-2016, 03:30 PM
ok thank you i sent all this in to them now in display it should stay at what you put it me its 1080p 60hz but is you watch a movie or anything that dont show that yes the box will match that setting wont be 1080p for a 480 stream it cant happen that way hope you dont think the box can make a 480p movie into blue ray it cant it will show what it put out nothing more so if the box is showing 480 on 480 movie that true wont be 1080p now if the dis0play setting changes that different only way that will happen is if you tv cant take that setting if you get a small box for viewing then the setting is wrong find one that matching on avov beta nova its still small if your talking about that need wait on guild and yes its small but only on the beta nova side my tvonline epg is fine and beta nova is small hope this helps some

everything you all post i sent to them just to let all you know that

MuPenguin
06-04-2016, 04:45 PM
asft my tv says its on 1080p - 50hz but the box says 1080p - 60hz. I'm on Build 1.0.4...Putting movies / iptv services aside....Yes its still 1080p and sooo clear but just wondering why it wouldn't go to 60hz as my tv is capable of outputting this. Just doing doing this in the settings.

When I set it to 24hz you can visually see the TV go black for a short time while it is reconfigureing and it does the same when you change it back to 50hz. However, if I change from 24hz to 60hz or 50hz to 60hz it doesn't really reconfigure is just changes the setting indicator but remains at the previous setting based on what the TV says the input it is.

I should be able to set to 60hz right?

mbry
06-04-2016, 07:47 PM
asft my tv says its on 1080p - 50hz but the box says 1080p - 60hz. I'm on Build 1.0.4...Putting movies / iptv services aside....Yes its still 1080p and sooo clear but just wondering why it wouldn't go to 60hz as my tv is capable of outputting this. Just doing doing this in the settings.

When I set it to 24hz you can visually see the TV go black for a short time while it is reconfigureing and it does the same when you change it back to 50hz. However, if I change from 24hz to 60hz or 50hz to 60hz it doesn't really reconfigure is just changes the setting indicator but remains at the previous setting based on what the TV says the input it is.

I should be able to set to 60hz right?

Yea, kind of strange maybe a update can correct this. You said your on 1.0.4? Is that correct,mines on 1.0.3

theone
06-04-2016, 07:58 PM
Yea, kind of strange maybe a update can correct this. You said your on 1.0.4? Is that correct,mines on 1.0.3

There was an update this morning, go to settings and System Info and do a system update.

rudawgg
06-04-2016, 08:00 PM
I think is the update 1.04 the is causing the problem I'm also on 1.04 and I'm having this problem. when i was on 1.0.3 i dint not have any problem i did a factory reset to see if i could go back to 1.0.3 and not kind do

Marley
06-04-2016, 09:19 PM
i just post we had update but i see we had it this morning i was gone at company party like i said sent all info from everyone that had problem

mbry
06-04-2016, 09:24 PM
There was an update this morning, go to settings and System Info and do a system update.

Did your box work fine after update?
Don't know if I should maybe wait before updating. Mines working good now.

theone
06-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Did your box work fine after update?
Don't know if I should maybe wait before updating. Mines working good now.

Actually I am experiencing some hanging for about 5 seconds but then it goes fine after that but yes there is a bug with the new software upgrade.

Marley
06-04-2016, 10:36 PM
i just sent that to them

mbry
06-04-2016, 10:49 PM
Actually I am experiencing some hanging for about 5 seconds but then it goes fine after that but yes there is a bug with the new software upgrade.

Thanks theone. Maybe I'll wait and see what pans out.

theone
06-04-2016, 11:39 PM
i just sent that to them

Thanks bro.

handyman59
06-04-2016, 11:58 PM
Box working fine since OTA update before it would keep changing state and city after update it stayed on the right city and state after update I did a hard reset I guess that's what did it. Still playing around with it to figure out the wallpaper

Deadwood
06-05-2016, 06:33 AM
"IF" your tv has a native resolution of 1080p at 50hz, you will not be able to set it to 60hz as it is beyond its native resolution. You can only set resolutions below the native resolution. Go to your tv manufacturer's website and verify your make and model and check the specifications and find its native resolution. Your tv should still work with the box but try and see if you can set the AVOV box to the same as your tv native resolution, if not, I wouldn't worry about it as it should still work in spite of the slight variance in frequency,

Update: I just read AVOV has provided an update of its firmware which relates to the 50hz frequency issue.
You may want to download and update the firmware on this new AVOV TVonline4 box although I do have to wonder about the timing of this update with respect to the release date of this new box ?

MuPenguin
06-05-2016, 03:36 PM
The flipping from 60hz to 50hz is not a huge issue right now. I know my TV has a Samsung Clear Motion of 240hz...so it can really only display up to 120hz. But im sure the AVOV guys will sort that out in time:)

The only real issue I have now is if i turn the box off and then when i go to turn it back on it starts up at 1280 x 720 @ 60hz (proof that my tv can do 60hz haha) and I have to manually go into settings to change to 1080 every time. Slightly annoying...but i can deal

Deadwood
06-05-2016, 04:21 PM
I just finished watching 2 PPV movies on Rocket last night, 10 Cloverfield and The Boss and I have to tell you that the Picture was Amazing with no hiccup what so ever not even a microfreeze so I have no idea how you can post that the Picture is bad on this box. Looked like 1080 HD to me.

"If" he is having an issue, the box has a problem or needs to be replaced, it would be rather easy to see why and how he would post it since the box he has isn't the box you're using in the physical sense.

Deadwood
06-06-2016, 02:57 PM
The flipping from 60hz to 50hz is not a huge issue right now. I know my TV has a Samsung Clear Motion of 240hz...so it can really only display up to 120hz. But im sure the AVOV guys will sort that out in time:)

The only real issue I have now is if i turn the box off and then when i go to turn it back on it starts up at 1280 x 720 @ 60hz (proof that my tv can do 60hz haha) and I have to manually go into settings to change to 1080 every time. Slightly annoying...but i can deal

Just to clarify a few things.........50 cycles/second relates to Europe and the frequency of its horizontal retrace lines/second
.......60 cycles/second relates to North American and most of South America
If you would like a full explanation of these differences, its easy to find as the NTSC is the standard for US & Canada and you can either go to the CRTC or any link to Canadian Television Broadcasting Standards which should have the regulations on all things pertaining to broadcasting frequencies. I bought my Panasonic Tv from Sears in Port Angeles, U.S.A and it has the same native resolution as the one I bought at Best Buy here in Canada. Both are set at 1080P and both have 1920 x1080 Native resolution at 60hz refresh rates. Hope this clarifies things a bit, if you are having problems with setting yours to its native setttings, there is something seriously wrong with whatever its connected to. Some devices are made for Europe and they have a refresh rate of 50hz and those devices were intended for use in Europe, not Canada or the United States or most of South America.

MuPenguin
06-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Just to clarify a few things.........50 cycles/second relates to Europe and the frequency of its horizontal retrace lines/second
.......60 cycles/second relates to North American and most of South America
If you would like a full explanation of these differences, its easy to find as the NTSC is the standard for US & Canada and you can either go to the CRTC or any link to Canadian Television Broadcasting Standards which should have the regulations on all things pertaining to broadcasting frequencies. I bought my Panasonic Tv from Sears in Port Angeles, U.S.A and it has the same native resolution as the one I bought at Best Buy here in Canada. Both are set at 1080P and both have 1920 x1080 Native resolution at 60hz refresh rates. Hope this clarifies things a bit, if you are having problems with setting yours to its native setttings, there is something seriously wrong with whatever its connected to. Some devices are made for Europe and they have a refresh rate of 50hz and those devices were intended for use in Europe, not Canada or the United States or most of South America.

yeah i get it...i know it shouldn't be 50hz (but im guessing the AVOV team is aware...which is why I asked if it this is normal for NOW until it is fixed)

...nothing is wrong with my TV as my TVonline+ works fine at 60hz as do other devices that are connected. (it was purchased through Samsung Canada..so no its not of Eurpean standard)

I am just pointing out an issue I am facing with my TVonline 4....the same as a few others in this thread.

Marley
06-06-2016, 07:24 PM
what i been finding out my tvonline 4 box runs kodi so much better then my other boxes and even tvonline is running smoother this is my finding im really happy with this box must say i need to get one more

Deadwood
06-06-2016, 09:55 PM

I just got my box today and I see where you're referring to ...its in the display settings and its default set at 1080P 24 hz.
Go into your settings, go to display settings and change it to 1080P 60hz which you will see in the drop down list.
Be sure to do any firmware updates before you change this setting otherwise you may have to do it again after.
You can always go back into your display settings to verify it has saved the setting to 1080P 60hz
The 60 hz is simply the refresh rate which should be the same as your tv or monitor but check its native refresh rate to be sure.

Deadwood
06-06-2016, 09:59 PM
what i been finding out my tvonline 4 box runs kodi so much better then my other boxes and even tvonline is running smoother this is my finding im really happy with this box must say i need to get one more

I would agree as Lollipop 5.1 is a newer, faster android OS than Kitkat versions but I also noted the change in the apps which are not the same so I will have to exchange this box for another Vixo 2 box assuming I can reach somebody and get it exchanged. Any thoughts on how I go about that since they aren't returning calls and the ticket option isn't accepting any emails, tickets or anything to get it started ?

Marley
06-06-2016, 11:22 PM
same apps as what wont be same as viox because thats a gaming box but apps will be coming and i sent them that tickets are not working

Deadwood
06-06-2016, 11:37 PM
same apps as what wont be same as viox because thats a gaming box but apps will be coming

The same apps I'm referring to are not game or console related. The same apps won't be the same because some apps run on kitkat and this box is running on Lollipop 5.1 which means a different android os with a different set of apps. No telling if or when there ever will be the same apps running on both systems. Personally, I suspect no as there will be more changes to boxes, hardware, software including the OS and apps. I just did some reading on AVOV's refund and exchange policy and they don't do exchanges. They only do refunds within 30 days and they deduct 10 percent restocking fee as well as any shipping fees even though I did pay shipping fees. I don't know if I need an RMA number but I have submitted a ticket to get one just in case it is needed. They also want everything in its original packaging along with a purchase receipt even though I bought mine directly from them. Anyway, I will jump through the hoops and hope I get an RMA ticket, if not, I will ship it back registered mail and wait for a refund.

Deadwood
06-07-2016, 06:02 PM

If you want to PM me, I'll ship you the one I have and let you have it for 125 Canadian shipping included. I need another Vixo2 if you want to trade, I can do that and include a bit of cash in American currency.....left over from my last trip to Portland.

4wheelin
06-07-2016, 07:41 PM
so far i am impressed with the online 4.need more time to test but so far so good.

theone
06-07-2016, 08:29 PM
If you want to PM me, I'll ship you the one I have and let you have it for 125 Canadian shipping included. I need another Vixo2 if you want to trade, I can do that and include a bit of cash in American currency.....left over from my last trip to Portland.

lmfao........

Capt.Kangaroo
06-07-2016, 10:29 PM
No trading/selling etc allowed here. thanks

Omie
06-08-2016, 02:03 AM
Well that was easy! just got my Avov 4 and setup only took a couple minutes. Great looking box everything seems to work just fine except for the date, time and city on the home screen it shows June 31 2014 and the tempature and city keeps changing. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

Marley
06-08-2016, 02:34 AM
you need to set that up

Omie
06-08-2016, 02:48 AM
I'm sure I do. Where would that be? I see nothing in settings except for time zone

Deadwood
06-08-2016, 04:55 PM
What we notice is, MAG and other people are out to get us for unknown reasons. I guess they are not happy we are disturbing the market. Regardless, we will continue doing what we are good at. Although our team members have noticed users with low post counts are usually the ones to bash or with negative comments and no constructive criticism. If you are so upset about issues, report them. In-fact, you can report them at: http://avovtech.com/report-a-bug - however if you don't want to report the issues to support the box then I can give my opinion in: keep your opinion to your self if you are not here to support and be along the growth.

Sorry, but we're not sorry - we love everyone who supports us but when we see users with low post count and history of bashing we must stand up for our selves. We work around the clock to produce better products and update as much as we can. I hope you all can understand and realize we never deny a customer, deny support or valid warranty. But if you want to be an a**hole then we will deny you. We have no space or time for that.

Thanks again for all the support, hope you can all understand where we come from! We are here from the start and plan to stay a long time. Despite the negativity from haters.

Well, I don't own a Mag box, I own 2 AVOV boxes, one Vixo2 and one TVonline4 of which I purchased without knowing the change of apps or the apps provided with it. So knowing the amount of monies and the support it provides, I have to ask why is it so difficult to get support or get a refund or simple exchange for another box with the apps I need or want ? I would have no problem returning this box had I bought it from Amazon which has a no hassle return, exchange or refund on your products. Does anyone consider this a bash or a fact ?

theone
06-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Well, I don't own a Mag box, I own 2 AVOV boxes, one Vixo2 and one TVonline4 of which I purchased without knowing the change of apps or the apps provided with it. So knowing the amount of monies and the support it provides, I have to ask why is it so difficult to get support or get a refund or simple exchange for another box with the apps I need or want ? I would have no problem returning this box had I bought it from Amazon which has a no hassle return, exchange or refund on your products. Does anyone consider this a bash or a fact ?

Ok, I have read enough of your post to seriously ask you, why did you buy this box when you knew what the spec's were? Your complaining about it being old spec's and not up to your satisfaction but yet you went out and bought one. Please no more post and do us a favor and return the box. We already got your opinion on the box.

bmramon
06-08-2016, 05:07 PM
Ok, I have read enough of your post to seriously ask you, why did you buy this box when you knew what the spec's were? Your complaining about it being old spec's and not up to your satisfaction but yet you went out and bought one. Please no more post and do us a favor and return the box. We already got your opinion on the box.

I think he's trying to return and has been unable to?

Ghost2k
06-08-2016, 05:09 PM
I when to avov and talked to them they said it was some kind of code issue where the codes weren't downloading from the server properly, they said it could be fixed by a software update. I got a new box the quality is pretty good much better than what I had before.

MuPenguin
06-08-2016, 05:18 PM
I when to avov and talked to them they said it was some kind of code issue where the codes weren't downloading from the server properly, they said it could be fixed by a software update. I got a new box the quality is pretty good much better than what I had before.

Hey Ghost2k...are you in Canada? If so...what AVOV location did you go into?

Also, does your box still have the 50hz issue? I may go and exchange my box if you don't have the issue anymore.

Glad you got your stuff sorted out though.

Deadwood
06-08-2016, 05:23 PM

I bought this box because it was an AVOV box which I assumed had links to Mickeyhop and the same apps as my Vixo2. The reason I bought this box instead of the Vixo2 was because it had Lollipop 5.1 which improves the speed and smoothness of the older Kitkat 4.2.2 which is on the Vixo2. It was a plus to get bluetooth as well but since this box is promoted and sold without any information on the apps it has or the particulars on the apps or differences with Mickeyhop, I bought this box. Now you asked me why I bought this box, I have responded but I can't respond without posting this response. I can't return the box without an RMA but I would welcome any help or support you might provide. You have interpreted the facts I presented with complaining which is an assumed assumption much like the one I had which led to me wanting another Vixo2 box. Sorry, but the facts are true, my points are true and Amazon is also true.

Kimbo
06-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Glad you have a new box and with that this thread is closed!!