PDA

View Full Version : kinda quiet around here

psycon
05-30-2016, 10:27 PM
its a good thing.. means everything is working as its supposed to. good work team!

Bkman2020
05-31-2016, 02:48 AM
Dnot forget it was a holiday in the usa.

frank666
05-31-2016, 10:36 AM
mag no guid on most chanals

Bkman2020
05-31-2016, 10:54 AM
mag no guid on most chanals

Mag has nothing to do with kodi, post in mag section please

wacoachrusso
05-31-2016, 12:02 PM
No guide most of channels.....it's the pull not the device......

psycon
05-31-2016, 03:28 PM
Mag has nothing to do with kodi, post in mag section please

although this is the kodi section, this is actually the best place to inform us about EPG issues regardless of device. ill look into it wacoachrusso

TravisGT
05-31-2016, 09:25 PM
Working great here, just transferred my setup to a new shield. Kodi, PVR Client..... thanks a million! Great work Psycon and Team!

jropps
05-31-2016, 09:44 PM
although this is the kodi section, this is actually the best place to inform us about EPG issues regardless of device. ill look into it wacoachrusso

Just thought I'd report/verify that on 2 MAG254's on Portal 2 and one MAG254 on Portal 4 there is still no EPG/Guide data for most channels. Thanks psycon for checking into this, and for your/your teams' continued efforts to provide EPG/Guide services at all, and hopefully it will be corrected soon. Much appreciated!

Bkman2020
05-31-2016, 10:26 PM
Issue started today they are aware of it.

wacoachrusso
05-31-2016, 11:49 PM
Thanks. It was working a few weeks great....came back into town today, and some work, but majority out. Appreciate ya

jagged
06-01-2016, 05:10 PM
I finally got the guide to work on my OTT TV box with Kodi16.1. I was wondering if there was a channel guide that I could print out to have a better idea of where to go. The latest epg that downloaded today has 971 channels, and channels 417 to 962 are in other languages, so are totally useless, is there any way to delete them?

ljhookem14
06-01-2016, 11:37 PM
Psycon, I still have to every day around 8pm, delete my database (epg11.db) and restart to get the UK channels.

Just FYI. I don't complain about it because I just figured this was something I had to do.

Is this true or am I missing something?

Could this be fixed if instead of 2:49am for me that my update happened at 7pm??

caribchief
06-03-2016, 02:58 AM
Good question. Looking forward to the response. Primarily because my auto update doesn't work and if it did, the update time should be set just before the UK channels runs out of data.

Psycon, I still have to every day around 8pm, delete my database (epg11.db) and restart to get the UK channels.

Just FYI. I don't complain about it because I just figured this was something I had to do.

Is this true or am I missing something?

Could this be fixed if instead of 2:49am for me that my update happened at 7pm??

expatter
06-04-2016, 12:12 AM
Good question. Looking forward to the response. Primarily because my auto update doesn't work and if it did, the update time should be set just before the UK channels runs out of data.

You can go into the epg updater settings (xml file) in the userdata/addondata directory and change the time to whatever you would like for your rig. You could also turn off the update feature and just download the file from github yourself.

expatter
06-04-2016, 12:17 AM

For a while, I was having to delete the epg11.db as well but have since found that all I have to do when this happens is to clear data in the kodi settings for live tv...under tv > guide > clear data. It works for me every time and I don't have to restart kodi.

Also, you can edit the stalker epg updater settings.xml file with any editor and change the time to what works for you.

expatter
06-04-2016, 12:27 AM
I finally got the guide to work on my OTT TV box with Kodi16.1. I was wondering if there was a channel guide that I could print out to have a better idea of where to go. The latest epg that downloaded today has 971 channels, and channels 417 to 962 are in other languages, so are totally useless, is there any way to delete them?

Kodi has a built in channel manager that you can use to edit the channels you want or don't want. You can enter it in 2 ways: under Kodi settings > live tv > general > channel manager; or from within the pvr itself. To do the latter, go to channel listings and bring up the context menu (menu button, 'c' or right click, depending on your hardware). Then the tedious effort of going down the list of channels and deselecting those channels you want to 'hide' from the right column (un-tic 'active' and also do the same for 'activate guide' to speed load time a bit, then click on 'ok' to save.

Be Warned: the first time you opt to clear data in the Kodi Settings > Live TV, clear data... you will lose all your work (20-ish minutes). So don't do that!

Hope that helps.

jropps
06-09-2016, 03:37 AM
08 JUN 2016

Issue: The EPG/Guide is fading out/missing info all over the place again, just like it did 8 days ago back on 30 MAY 2026

I hope psycon can take another look into why it's gone M.I.A. yet again.

Thanks!

MAG 254, r14, 50Mbps Dn/10Mbps Up, Hard Wired Portal 2

psycon
06-09-2016, 08:36 AM
yup noticed that this evening too.. will look into it tomorrow

jropps
06-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Thanks psycon...today, on the live US channels, it's gone almost entirely now, so i guess it's something fairly significant. Good luck with getting it resolved, and as always, thanks to you/the ********** team for your ongoing efforts to provide us with EPG/Guide services at all, on all platforms.;)

curgs
06-09-2016, 07:48 PM
sorry already posted this but I am in the middle of getting this new android box going

trying to use psycon epg updater but there is no option for portal 22.iptvrocket, can I not use his updater with portal 22?

frank666
06-10-2016, 10:57 AM
no guide on mag again

jropps
06-11-2016, 11:40 PM
11 JUN 2016

@psycon:
Any word as to what's going on with the missing EPG/Guide data on the MAG254 and other boxes since the 8th?

Thanks!

jropps
06-14-2016, 10:51 PM
Bump!
Anyone have any meaningful info as to what's going on with the recurring missing EPG/Guide situation on the MAG254 STB's?:confused:
Kinda strange no info is forthcoming from anyone in the know. Weird.:eek:

jropps
06-27-2016, 06:04 PM
Monday, 27 JUN 2016

EPG/Guide missing in action, again. Given all of the freezing/downtime as of late/the past couple of weeks, I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Anyway, Ive read the announcement from nfps both here and on the other site, back on 23/24 JUN respectively, and have been watching this and the other site for any updates to the situation, but there haven't been any from nfps since then, just venting/frustration-based speculation posts from members who have reached/surpassed their levels of patience.

Hope both the EPG and the service return with some degree of reliability soon.

3 MAG 254's in different geo-locations, all on r14, 30-50Mbps Down/10-25Mbps Up, all 3 Hard Wired, 2 on Portal 2, 1 on Portal 4, All 3 spanked, tanked and yanked! LoL;)

psycon
06-27-2016, 07:46 PM
The EPG is being pulled jsut fine.. what is happening is some of channel data must have some invalid characters causes the mag devices to crash.. as a result the server just shut off the epg all together.. I have no control over this. they will likely turn the epg back on in a few days when the trouble data has run its course through the epg

jropps
06-27-2016, 08:14 PM
@psycon:

Wow! Thx for the info/update!

Hmmmm...Interesting...I wonder if the MAG254 STB's would benefit from a firmware update from Informir to be able to handle (or at least survive) this type of extraneous data in the stream, vs the server folks just summarily lopping off all EPG/Guide data to them from the server. Seems a bit extreme to make it an "all or nothing" kind of premise.

Makes me wonder what, if any Android box (vs the MAG254 STB) with whichever robust (Kodi or whatever) plug-ins would be more likely to be able to consistently interpret the EPG/Guide data being thrown at it like it currently is. I need dedicated boxes with reliable EPG/Guide data services/plug-ins running on them, vs the Kodi emulator software running on a laptop, tablet, etc., mainly because the family members/friends I've assisted in getting on board with the nfps service/IPTV service in general simply don't want to have to mess around with the technical aspects of keeping Kodi up & running or fiddling around with any of it, other than to reboot or power off/on a "box" occasionally if/when needed. LoL

Thanks again for the info/update, and as usual, thanks to you/the ********** teams' continuing efforts to bring EPG/Guide data service at all to the various platforms, boxes and/or emulators.:cool:

'chasing...
06-28-2016, 12:04 AM
mags r showing epg again on most channels... still require a lot of channel changes & rebooting, but guide is back at neighbors...

jropps
07-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Monday, 04 JULY 2016

EPG/Guide missing in action again, only one week after it went out prior.

On the MAG254 STB, if you right-arrow over to the EPG/Guide display from the mini-view window, you can see previous EPG/Guide data up thru approximately 3am today, but none past that, for most (all?) channels.

Cold & warm reboots and portal restarts of the STB, plus cold reboots of all communications equipment did not resolve the issue.

Was wondering if any of the other STB's and/or emulators are experiencing this same issue?:confused:

3 MAG 254's in different geo-locations, all on r14, 30-50Mbps Down/10-25Mbps Up, all 3 Hard Wired, 2 on Portal 2, 1 on Portal 4, All 3 have same EPG Issue

TVFan
07-04-2016, 04:28 PM
I have the same issue on my PC when running Kodi under Windows 7, but not on the same PC when running Linux. I've looked at the config several times and can see no difference between them. On the windows side I have to go fetch the zip file manually and replace the epg xml file using the file manager to get the guide to populate.

jropps
07-04-2016, 04:47 PM
@TVFan:
Thanks for ur input/reply. Interesting!:eek:

jropps
07-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Monday, 11 JULY 2016

EPG/Guide missing in action again, just like one week ago on the 4th.

Like last time, on the MAG254 STB, if you right-arrow over to the EPG/Guide display from the mini-view window, you can see previous EPG/Guide data up thru approximately 3am-4am today, but none past that, for most of the channels. (Channel 108 on the MAG254 seems to be generally immune from this anomaly)

And...just like a week ago, both cold & warm reboots, and portal restarts of the STB, plus cold reboots of all communications equipment did not resolve the issue.

3 MAG 254's in different geo-locations, all on r14, 30-50Mbps Down/10-25Mbps Up, all 3 Hard Wired, 2 on Portal 2, 1 on Portal 4, All 3 have same EPG Issue

jropps
07-20-2016, 02:38 PM
Wednesday, 20 JULY 2016

EPG/Guide missing in action again, just like one week and 2 days ago on the 11th. Grrr!:rolleyes:

I noticed problems with the EPG on Tuesday, 19 JULY, but decided to wait it out before posting, to see if it would self-heal overnight, but it hasn't.

Just like last time, on the MAG254 STB, the EPG is missing info for most of the USA content channels. (Channel 108 and a few others on the MAG254 seems to be generally immune from this anomaly)

As per usual, both cold & warm reboots, and portal restarts of the STB, plus cold reboots of all communications equipment does not resolve the issue.

ilan
07-20-2016, 10:59 PM
It's working fine on Kodi. Remember, too, it's free. It's done on a volunteer basis, and there is very little reward. There's only criticism when things aren't up to snuff or aren't perceived to be up to snuff.

jropps
07-21-2016, 06:00 AM
@ilan:

You're right..and, I do realize it's done for free/on voluntary basis. I used to always say "thanks" to psycon and the ********** team for providing us the epg servies at all, across numerous platforms/stb's, but missed doing so as of late, so...thanks psycon/********** teams for continuing to provide us with the epg/guide services at all.

psycon suggested reporting in this thread even if the issue being reported wasn't directly affecting Kodi, as he/********** team are more prone to checking this thread/area of the site than any other area, which is why I keep posting/reporting here. It's also why I make mention about which stb/portal, connection speed/type, etc., so (hopefully) none f the Kodi fans will get upset if someone like me with a few MAG254 stb's or similar device makes a post here..just following psycon's suggestions is all.

That said...I also realize, based on feedback from pycon recently (past 30 days or so) that some of the specific epg-related woes us poor/unlucky MAG254 users are experiencing/continue to experience is due to extraneous or malformed data (whacked characters/mismatched descriptions in the epg stream itself, I suppose) are causing MAG254 boxes problem (weekly, apparently), that Kodi users aren't nearly as susceptible to, and for which psycon has no control over when the nfps server techs block the epg/guide data from reaching the MAG254 stb's, ostensibly, I guess, to prevent them from crashing/locking up or something.

Ugghh..it's such a pain in the drain..and yet, I do appreciate the effort being made...just wish the lil' MAG254 stb's weren't so frequently being spanked with this same problem. Truly annoying.

Oh well...hope nfps can get this recurring issue addressed soon.;)

expatter
07-21-2016, 07:05 PM
I have the same issue on my PC when running Kodi under Windows 7, but not on the same PC when running Linux. I've looked at the config several times and can see no difference between them. On the windows side I have to go fetch the zip file manually and replace the epg xml file using the file manager to get the guide to populate.

I was doing the same thing on my windows machine and manually downloading the zip from git after it updates @ 8:30 pm and turning live tv off and on again to get the epg to populate. This works but then there are still some channels with wrong data and others that have always been blank. Further, I don't like the descriptions on many of the channels as many are just generic and don't actually tell you what the episode is all about, just the description of the series while others have long-winded descriptions more akin to a novel. I also like to see the year of a movie in its description. Then there is the fact that every channel has the blurb about going to ninja and click on ads to generate revenue or to donate. As everyone wants stuff for free and initially that is how it was and now it seems that anyone associated with any iptv wants you to keep parting with more money (and while I do appreciate the time psyc0n initially spent on this last year and everyone else that worked on getting this epg working) I finally just got my own subscription to schedules direct and make my own epg that is tailored to just the channels that I have enabled in the pvr (about 150 of them) and download schedules at 2 week intervals. I tried different providers until I found the ones that gave me the type of info I was looking for. Zap2it gives me what I want for US channels whilst SKY gives me data for UK. I prefer this to M$ legacy Media Center stuff.

For those that are using this on a daily basis, this is a good option. However, it does require some effort initially, but then you have the benefit of learning more about the workings of all of this technology. It may not be a solution for those that want everything done for them but for the more techie-inclined it is probably ideal. If we somehow had the option of feeding our own epg data into the emulator or mag, this would be awesome as those seem to stream much nicer, at least to my eye.

Just wanted to share this as an option for those willing to make an initial investment of time to get a truly bespoke setup working. Again, thanks to Psyc0n, et al, for all they have done for the community.

jropps
08-07-2016, 01:51 PM
Sunday, 07 August 2016

EPG/Guide missing in action again. It lasted almost 3 weeks this time tho, so I'm thankful for that.

Like last time, on the MAG254 STB, the EPG is missing info for most of the USA content channels. (And, like all times previously, Channel 108 and a few others on the MAG254 seems to be generally immune from this anomaly)

Cold & warm reboots, portal restarts of the STB, and cold reboots of all communications equipment hasn't resolved the issue.

Hopefully the ********** team can shed some light on this issue, again.
Meanwhile...Thanks to psycon and the ********** crew for their ongoing efforts to provie epg/guide services to all of us on both stb and emulator platforms.

polentone
08-22-2016, 10:58 AM
Mostly Italian TV I watch and yes only a handful of the channels have EPG data for a few days now. I hope they can fix it soon.

jropps
08-23-2016, 03:09 PM
Tuesday, 23 August 2016

EPG/Guide missing in action again. It lasted a little over 2 weeks this time, and EPG/Guide data was available for most USA content channels (EPG data was generally not availalble for UK content channels during that same time frame tho), but prior to today, the EPG/Guide data that was available for the US content was working fairly well, which again I'm thankful for.

Unlike last time, on the MAG254 STB, the EPG is missing info for all USA and UK content channels, so I'm guessing this is a systemic issue vs a selective one like last time.

Cold & warm reboots, portal restarts of the STB, and cold reboots of all communications equipment hasn't resolved the issue.

And...once again, hopefully the ********** team can shed some light on this issue, again.
As per usual...Thanks to psycon and the ********** crew for their ongoing efforts to provie epg/guide services to all of us on both stb and emulator platforms.

jropps
08-25-2016, 04:31 PM
Saturday, 27 AUG 2016

@psycon:

Any word on the status of the missing EPG/Guide info on the MAG254 STB's in particular, and similar STB's in general?:confused:

There hasn't been any official word or explanation given on this site or the main site as to what's causing the issue, or when it will be resolved.:(

Thanks in advance.:)

3 MAG 254's in different geo-locations, all on r14, 30-50Mbps Down/10-25Mbps Up, NFPS, all 3 Hard Wired, 2 on Portal 2, 1 on Portal 4, All 3 have same EPG Issue

frank666
08-27-2016, 12:39 PM
It's working fine on Kodi. Remember, too, it's free. It's done on a volunteer basis, and there is very little reward. There's only criticism when things aren't up to snuff or aren't perceived to be up to snuff.

maybe its time for rocket nfps and iks66 to pry there pockets open as its helping them sell

Kfred
08-27-2016, 05:32 PM
EPG no longer works. 100% of users cannot access it. EPG is dead, no more support.

thenextman
08-27-2016, 07:10 PM
as far as i know, for the bulk of users at this moment, the EPG is functioning on a limited basis without UK channel support. What setup do you have and how is your guide info configured? There have been hiccups and issues as far as i can tell lately, but maybe your situation can be improved if approached constructively.... (and with a new identity necessary it would seem at this juncture ;))

jropps
09-03-2016, 10:41 PM
03 SEP 2016

Issue: EPG/Guide is missing in action again, on MAG254 STB's. Worked fine from Wednesday, 31 AUG until today (Saturday, 03 SEP).

No amount of portal resets, soft/hard STB and/or communications equipment reboots has solved the problem.

Thanks to psycon and the ********** crew for their ongoing efforts to provide epg/guide services..and hope they can get this fixed again soon.;)

jropps
09-14-2016, 01:34 PM
14 SEP 2016
Ch 126 Reelz Channel -- Issue: EPG info has not matched ANY of the actual programs at ANY time slot since this channel was added months ago, as though the EPG pull is from the wrong source.:confused:

3 MAG 254's in different geo-locations, all on r14, 30-50Mbps Down/10-25Mbps Up, all 3 Hard Wired, 2 on Portal 2, 1 on Portal 4, All 3 have the same issue

As always, thanks to psycon and the ********** crew for their ongoing efforts to provide epg/guide services.:)