PDA

View Full Version : More Epg guide problems

kroakie1
05-22-2016, 09:12 AM
I have 4 devices running kodi/Clairvoyance build.
3 were working fine yesterday with a full guide. (Pc, firestick, android tablet)
1 had a blank guide (mxq box)

Today the 3 devices that had a guide a now totally blank.
There are no error messages when guide loads.

So before I spend time uninstalljng and reinstalling things, are any other people having this problem?

During the last week I spent many hours cleaning kodi off the devices and putting fresh installs on.
I dont want to do this again, if after 1 day the guide is gonna be blank again.

Over ths last week I have requested support for epg problems, but generally get little if any response, so I would really appreciate some help with this.

Apart from the guide problem all devices work well with most channels working.

If I can sort the epg, I will be very happy!

Thanks

Linton
05-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Hi,

I am no expert but have you also installed the epg updater service?

kroakie1
05-22-2016, 10:55 AM
Yes, the Clairvoyance build includes the updater. It seems that after it updated overnight, the guide disappeared.

Bkman2020
05-22-2016, 03:42 PM
When provider has issues with epg it effects all addons as well so hang in tight

ManInBlck
05-22-2016, 04:03 PM
kroakie1: It would be helpful to see your kodi.log file. Specifically, the lines with service.stalkerEpgUpdate.

kroakie1
05-22-2016, 07:21 PM
Have sent log file via pm. Not sure exactly which lines you wanted.

Also I have done a new install on pc.
This has worked and has a good epg.

What is puzzling is that if I just install the epgupdater on kodi, it does not download the epg_xmltv.xml file, but if I use the Clairvoyance build then it does download the file. This is the same whether it is an android device or my pc.
However it remains to be seen if the guide is still there after the next update....