PDA

View Full Version : Psycon, small fix when loading EPG

ljhookem14
05-18-2016, 02:23 PM
I understand this won't be priority but When starting up KODI, PVR initially will connect then it goes into the phase of loading channels.

If your, EPG updater icon, doesn't flash up on the screen by the time it starts to load channels, KODI throws up message that Stalker Client needs to be restarted. It still loads the channels, but when it finishes and the icon pops up late, you aren't able to click on anything in channels or guide.

Whenever the EPG icon flashes up on the screen before the loading begins, everything is fine. Not sure if there is a way to make sure this happens quickly upon startup before the load begins??

caribchief
05-18-2016, 03:24 PM
I have experienced this problem ever so often. Even when the EPG ninja is working perfect. Sometimes instead of restarting Kodi, you can go to Settings, PVR settings, GUIDE and "Clear Guide Data". The guide will then reload without a problem.

I posted up this same problem a couple weeks ago but I never got any responses.

I understand this won't be priority but When starting up KODI, PVR initially will connect then it goes into the phase of loading channels.

If your, EPG updater icon, doesn't flash up on the screen by the time it starts to load channels, KODI throws up message that Stalker Client needs to be restarted. It still loads the channels, but when it finishes and the icon pops up late, you aren't able to click on anything in channels or guide.

Whenever the EPG icon flashes up on the screen before the loading begins, everything is fine. Not sure if there is a way to make sure this happens quickly upon startup before the load begins??

Ultimate101
05-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Ive been Having the same issue, sometimes it would only load some channels others it would pop up and say needs restart over and over and then yes in live Tv delete channels and rescan everything works, hope they can get it fixed cause every now and then it freezes everything and need to reboot box

ljhookem14
05-18-2016, 04:43 PM
I have experienced this problem ever so often. Even when the EPG ninja is working perfect. Sometimes instead of restarting Kodi, you can go to Settings, PVR settings, GUIDE and "Clear Guide Data". The guide will then reload without a problem.

I posted up this same problem a couple weeks ago but I never got any responses.

Done this before as well but the better solution is something I think psycon can possibly change on his end.

caribchief
05-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Correct...but I think the main focus now is getting the EPG back up and running which is taking a bit longer than usual. Not to mention it seems some of the channels are down again in the guide.

dotsadie
05-18-2016, 05:37 PM
I have stalker client set up using iptv66 with the url( special://userdata/addon_pvr.stalker/epg-xmltv.xml) i used to get GUIDE for some reason i do not get anymore. Is there something else i need to add or do i need a new url?
Thanks Dot

ljhookem14
05-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Correct...but I think the main focus now is getting the EPG back up and running which is taking a bit longer than usual.......

Exactly which is why I said initially that I know his priorities are focused on other things. The clear data in the Guide section does help though as expatter alerted awhile back.

Moving forward however I believe its something psycon can fix.

ljhookem14
05-18-2016, 05:45 PM
I have stalker client set up using iptv66 with the url( special://userdata/addon_pvr.stalker/epg-xmltv.xml) i used to get GUIDE for some reason i do not get anymore. Is there something else i need to add or do i need a new url?
Thanks Dot

Follow along with these instructions:
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?13091-How-To-Set-up-Kodi-s-included-pvr-stalker-client-with-epg-ninja

dotsadie
05-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Is this giving the full epg now? Also all i need to do is add URL to (special://temp/epg_xmltv.xml) then ENABLE and i have to nothing to the STALKER CLIENT is this right Ijhookem14
Thanks Dot

tuxen
05-18-2016, 07:17 PM
@ljhookem14 and others: since pvr stalker is already configured once by epgupdater, uncheck the 'configure pvr stalker' in the epgupdater and it will not prompt you to restart anymore. it is because the epgupdater configures the stalker client again and again (with the same settings) that it prompts you to restart. perhaps there should be a last step in the guide telling you to turn it off once stalker is configured. user error? addon issue? I dunno. for me its logic that you should only let epgupdater configure the stalker client once, but I can understand by the posts that for others it might not be. :)

@dot: it seems to be correctly configured yes, but the guide is down for now, it will load but be blank as you see and is explained in several threads. a good tip is to take a look at the '**********: status updates' sticky thread, psycon updates it when the guide is up or down. if you look at it you will see the status of epg file is DOWN. once the file is good your epg will return.

dotsadie
05-18-2016, 08:24 PM
tuxen; where are you referring to as pvr stalker? Is this in Pvr Clients?

ljhookem14
05-18-2016, 08:25 PM
@ljhookem14 and others: since pvr stalker is already configured once by epgupdater, uncheck the 'configure pvr stalker' in the epgupdater and it will not prompt you to restart anymore. it is because the epgupdater configures the stalker client again and again (with the same settings) that it prompts you to restart. perhaps there should be a last step in the guide telling you to turn it off once stalker is configured. user error? addon issue? I dunno. for me its logic that you should only let epgupdater configure the stalker client once, but I can understand by the posts that for others it might not be. :)

@dot: it seems to be correctly configured yes, but the guide is down for now, it will load but be blank as you see and is explained in several threads. a good tip is to take a look at the '**********: status updates' sticky thread, psycon updates it when the guide is up or down. if you look at it you will see the status of epg file is DOWN. once the file is good your epg will return.

Thanks @tuxen and it does seem logical but we are also told from the beginning to follow certain instructions at setup and not to deviate from those. I've done multiple different things with my PVR.Stalker w/ EPG Ninja but I've never changed the way it's initially setup per as instructed.

Also, there have been ongoing issues with parts of the EPG as we all have to manually make the EPG pull daily (deleting epg11.db) to get it to repopulate at different times depending on your time zone. For me it always goes out w/ UK channels between 7-8pm and I understand this is an ongoing issue with the U.K. Hosts.

The fact is its still an issue that needs looking in to. No it's not of priority but it still needs to be addressed.

Have a great day @tuxen. 😎

ljhookem14
05-18-2016, 08:26 PM
tuxen; where are you referring to as pvr stalker? Is this in Pvr Clients?

In IPTVtalk "PVR.Stalker" refers to the built in Stalker Client 1.0.8

dotsadie
05-18-2016, 08:37 PM
There are two questions i need answered; first does STALKER CLIENT TOTALLY NEED TO BE CONFIGURED and two do you need to have STALKER UPDATER TOTALLY CONFIGURED and both Eanabled. An, yes i have read the Sticky post as per guide.
Thanks Dot

tuxen
05-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Thanks @tuxen and it does seem logical but we are also told from the beginning to follow certain instructions at setup and not to deviate from those. I've done multiple different things with my PVR.Stalker w/ EPG Ninja but I've never changed the way it's initially setup per as instructed.

Also, there have been ongoing issues with parts of the EPG as we all have to manually make the EPG pull daily (deleting epg11.db) to get it to repopulate at different times depending on your time zone. For me it always goes out w/ UK channels between 7-8pm and I understand this is an ongoing issue with the U.K. Hosts.

The fact is its still an issue that needs looking in to. No it's not of priority but it still needs to be addressed.

Have a great day @tuxen. ��

yeah I agree with you, the guide should address/explain this last step and what will happen. I dont know how you can make the addon 'see' if stalker has been configured, because you ask it to do exactly that by enabling 'configure pvr stalker'. if you can follow me. but yeah making a last step in the guide could save many from stalker client wants to restart. I can understand it does not seem logic to all at least before they get a hint. I am not involved in making the guides though it is not unfamiliar to me and how it impacts users.

I have also experienced the odd issue that some channel info disappeared, and clearing the data and loading the same file brought the channel info back. very odd. I have not seen this in some time now I dont know why this happens. it was also the uk channels btw, I did not notice the time, I am +1 from uk timezone. but I know it has nothing todo with epgupdater, all it does is download the epg file. so the error is likely something strange with the file. I dunno, I am as puzzled as you.

I am sure psycon has his hands full getting us full working files.

best regards.

tuxen
05-18-2016, 11:30 PM
There are two questions i need answered; first does STALKER CLIENT TOTALLY NEED TO BE CONFIGURED and two do you need to have STALKER UPDATER TOTALLY CONFIGURED and both Eanabled. An, yes i have read the Sticky post as per guide.
Thanks Dot
1. yes it needs to be configured, you can make epgupdater do this by filling out the mac address and donation and enabling 'configure pvr stalker'.
2. once the epgupdater has configured pvr stalker, disable 'configure pvr stalker' in epgupdater.
3. you might need to do a 'iptvreset' because epgupdater overwrites the device id's and signature.

NOTICE!
if you already have pvr stalker configured and working DO NOT ENABLE 'configure pvr stalker' in epgupdater. you will need to set the epg file path manually to 'special://temp/epg_xmltv.xml' in the stalker client though. just like you wrote yourself in the previous post. and when it loads the guide; IT WILL BE BLANK because it is DOWN atm. by your previous post it seemed like you did it right.