PDA

View Full Version : How to use EPG Ninja TV Guide instead of LiveMix on Royalist build?

Kloppo
05-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Hi guys

I have the latest version of Kodi running the latest Royalist built with an IPTV66 subscription

The issue is that the Royalist build comes with a horrid "LiveMix" EPG guide that I would rather not use.

I did manage to get it running once with the EPG ninja guide by disabling the following addons (if I remember correctly):
Addons-->Video Addons-->LiveMix
[/I]
The issue is however that I turned off my Kodi and turned it back on which caused some addons to update and now no guide at all loads and I just get a root menu appear when I open LiveTV.

I've tried Disabling the PVR Live TV service and clearing data but unfortunately it didn't change anything.

Does anyone have any experience with this and can point me in the right direction?

Appreciate any help I can get!

psycon
05-01-2016, 11:00 PM
read the how to threads, do what the how to threads say to do.

Kloppo
05-01-2016, 11:24 PM
read the how to threads, do what the how to threads say to do.

Hi Psycon.

I've spent hours and followed the How-To threads and they helped me set up EPG Ninja initially.

Everything, including the guide, works fine if I don't use the Royalist build which is why i'm asking if anyone who has the Royalist build can let me know how they worked around this issue as im still a newbie in all things Kodi.

expatter
05-02-2016, 04:30 AM
Hi guys

I have the latest version of Kodi running the latest Royalist built with an IPTV66 subscription

The issue is that the Royalist build comes with a horrid "LiveMix" EPG guide that I would rather not use.

I did manage to get it running once with the EPG ninja guide by disabling the following addons (if I remember correctly):
Addons-->Video Addons-->LiveMix
[/I]
The issue is however that I turned off my Kodi and turned it back on which caused some addons to update and now no guide at all loads and I just get a root menu appear when I open LiveTV.

I've tried Disabling the PVR Live TV service and clearing data but unfortunately it didn't change anything.

Does anyone have any experience with this and can point me in the right direction?

Appreciate any help I can get!

I can't help you specifically with that 'build' as I don't use those things (I like using only my choice of addons) but, for starters, why don't you turn off auto update and just get notifications when they are available. That way, you can look on other forums (or youtube) to learn what the updates are going to do and then decide if you want to allow that or not. Kodi does have a learning curve to most people, so that's my advice.

You should really learn about each addon before just letting is run wild on your system. If you are new, then you should know that you shouldn't necessarily truest every addon or developer. There have been some shenanigans over the years, so be forewarned.

As for the ninja guide, have you clicked on 'configure pvr'? If so, that means it will overwrite any settings you already had.

Good luck

Kloppo
05-02-2016, 08:34 AM
I can't help you specifically with that 'build' as I don't use those things (I like using only my choice of addons) but, for starters, why don't you turn off auto update and just get notifications when they are available. That way, you can look on other forums (or youtube) to learn what the updates are going to do and then decide if you want to allow that or not. Kodi does have a learning curve to most people, so that's my advice.

You should really learn about each addon before just letting is run wild on your system. If you are new, then you should know that you shouldn't necessarily truest every addon or developer. There have been some shenanigans over the years, so be forewarned.

As for the ninja guide, have you clicked on 'configure pvr'? If so, that means it will overwrite any settings you already had.

Good luck

Thanks Expatter. I used the Royalist for its ease of use and because I would assume most of the addons are tested before being integrated into the build. Auto-update wise, I am giving the box to a relative so wont have time to stay checking for updates. I wanted them to get a box that does all the techy bits for them automatically.

With regards to configure PVR, ive not touched the settings in the Stalker PVR as ive set it all up using the EPG Ninja addon