PDA

View Full Version : AVOV verses MAG254

kcmood
03-21-2015, 01:15 PM
As most of you probably remember I have had a bad time with Mag254 so thought I would ask about the AVOV. Is it easy to setup and is it the same as the mag as far as programming. You don't need anything but the box (Mag) Is it the same with AVOV? Is there a difference in the AVOV tv online and AVOV VIXO1? Or should I just try another mag? Thanx in advance for your help

theuduk
03-21-2015, 02:03 PM
I have found all three of the units you mention were easy to setup dont know why your mag254 had issues.
If only getting one box would go for the Online as it has apps to load and is better for iptv than the oriinal avov.
If also getting or using an xbmc like DL android or Minix would recommend the mag254

12icer
03-21-2015, 08:56 PM
I have the mag 254, and Avov Vixo1 the Vixo1 is easy to use and has somewhat better gaming, the mag has some games I really like. The apps from mikey store are really widespread in coverage on the Vixo1, AND it has slots for about ten different servers on the internet TV program It hooks up and connects easy with the WIFI setup The mag 254 is easier to change setups AFTER you first set the box up, and the remote reaction seems quicker that the Vixo1 But if easy apps are what you want and easy changing from one to the other the Vixo1 is that. for stability, I prefer the MAG 254 as my Vixo1 has locked up a few times and took a while to respond, BUT I didn't have to reboot it, it just sat about 30 seconds and responded. Both boxes are great for the server we are testing, and both give good video quality. THE MAIN difference I find for testing the IPTV is the Vixo1's video player seems not to have a FF, REV, and skip on VOD while the Mag 254 will let you do any of those. if you miss part of a VOD with the mag 254 you can reload it and ff to where you left it.

Marley
03-22-2015, 06:44 PM
wow like you say i like both i run mag254 on my big tv and tvonline in bedroom so its flip of coin and avo1 in my computer room with tv online app

theuduk
03-22-2015, 07:21 PM
In bedroom have mag254-tvonline-DL android and sv8k main problem have three remote same look but work different so often change channels when wanting to change volume, four good units one may become obsolete before year is out just hope not.

djgates06
04-17-2015, 12:45 AM
i just sold my mag254 i think it was little aslow for me didnt really like the interface just ordered the vixo1 cant wait to try this box it has iptv and kinda like an xbmc perfect for me..

supaman32052
04-23-2015, 05:32 AM
im totally new mag 254 ordered 3 already.. i come from the nfusion ,dreamlink era . and now im trying to expand my knowledge. the mag254 is working fine and im also wondering about the avov.. i dont know anything about it.. and i was reding and yal was mentioning apps.. are the apps free? i have a roku 3 and a lot of the apps the u need a subscription.. im interested in the avov if it have somethings that the mag 254 doesnt.. like better quality etc.. i was wondering does it have the same channels? do it show ppv events? i dint want to hijack a thread im not sure if im doing that .. but i didnt want to create a threat of the same contents as this 1 .. i ordered 3 more mag 254s the other day so thats 6 in all .. people over this way dont know anything about iptv i just found out myself.. so any feedback on avov woul be appreciated.. or i could just keep buying mags

K00lKatT
04-23-2015, 05:51 AM
The avov tvONLINE is a nice little box, has 10 portals for IPTV, you can access the VOD and also has add-ons very like kodi at their own mickyhop store, very simple to set up and operate..

Capt.Kangaroo
04-23-2015, 05:59 AM
I have both and I like both alot.
The Avov has a slight edge with the add ons I believe.
I like using 1 Channel on the Avov TvOnline to catch up on previously aired shows.
The Mag254 is great for iptv though.

K00lKatT
04-23-2015, 06:05 AM
Got 3 boxes going now: avov tvonline, mag254 and mygica ATV1200...like to keep the bases covered..lol

supaman32052
04-23-2015, 07:31 AM
thanks for the input.. do those apps come already on the avov or would i have to search for them? and are all of the apps free?

Capt.Kangaroo
04-23-2015, 07:40 AM
thanks for the input.. do those apps come already on the avov or would i have to search for them? and are all of the apps free?

yes they're in the "Micky Market" free to install.
see here: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1403-How-to-use-AVOV-TVOnline-!

supaman32052
04-23-2015, 07:59 AM
thanks.. might be my next box.. but i do have mag 254 , im just greedy

Capt.Kangaroo
04-23-2015, 08:10 AM
thanks.. might be my next box.. but i do have mag 254 , im just greedy

Cant have too many boxes. lol
I have 1 or 2 in every room.
The Avov TVOnline really is a great choice.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1839-Nfps-avov-10-off-in-the-box/
or

http://justandroidtv.com/collections/vendors?q=AVOV

Marley
04-23-2015, 04:35 PM
yea i have so many boxes had to up my speed a lot lol

Lowteck
04-24-2015, 01:42 AM
I have both the avov tvonline and the mag 254. The differences to me are these. If you like movies more than live feeds then the avov is for you. If you are after live shows and some ppv type movies then the mag is the way to go. You have greater choices of movies with the avov, but, that does not say that if you find a movie you want to watch that you can get it to play. Not the avov's fault, but the links it looks at are no longer valid or accepting requests.

12icer
04-24-2015, 02:32 PM
I don't know about the Avov online, and the older version for movie watching, but the VIXO1 does not let you leave and then restart, and fast forward to where you were like the mag 254 does. There are no provisions for it on my VIXO1 remote.

crazed 9.6
04-24-2015, 02:35 PM
fast forward/rewind is the blue arrow buttons

theuduk
04-24-2015, 02:47 PM
fast forward/rewind is the blue arrow buttons

Never tried that always pressed OK to pause OK again then arrows to move where needed.

Switchon
04-24-2015, 03:01 PM
You can forward/reverse the time by holding down the left or right arrows in the center of the remote (blue), a time bar comes up.

Guess craze beet me to the reply !!!! Da

crazed 9.6
04-24-2015, 04:01 PM
the Avov browses the IPTV channels better then the Mag
With the Mag, when browsing channels while in the channel guide, the channel changes soon as you start scrolling. There is a way to browse without the channel changing but that's not as user friendly and you don't get the small preview screen.
The Avov does not change it's channel while browsing channels in the channel guide.
Jjust a small but important feature difference.

Also noticed that sometimes when browsing channels (while in guide) with the Mag, and then return to full screen on a channel that is currently showing in the small screen in the Channel Guide, that it sometimes goes to a random channel.

Marley
04-25-2015, 03:18 AM
i run tv-online box most because i use the app store for other movies which is great to have

freetv4life
04-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Crazed 2.0 In the outer portal menu under Portal do you have the "play in preview only by OK" selected. The problem you describing sounds like when you have it unselected.

Noticed I had to reselect mines so there must have been an update to the outer portal.

crazed 9.6
04-26-2015, 02:52 PM
Crazed 2.0 In the outer portal menu under Portal do you have the "play in preview only by OK" selected. The problem you describing sounds like when you have it unselected.

Noticed I had to reselect mines so there must have been an update to the outer portal.

i will have a look at that.
thnx for the tip :)

djgates06
04-27-2015, 12:30 AM
i love my avov way better then the mag..

crazed 9.6
04-27-2015, 12:45 AM
i love my avov way better then the mag..

it's really fantastic, truly is :)

12icer
04-27-2015, 11:57 PM
The blue buttons on My vixo1 remote don't make the movie do anything. I tried them, and the OK pauses, and resumes the movie, but the up, down, left, right don't do anything when watching a movie, maybe I need to check for a "remote setup" menu somewhere in the settings. As for the Mag 254 going back if a link doesn't connect before timeout it reverts to the last link it connected to in all of the times mine did it.

Fedsco
05-04-2015, 08:08 PM
You have toHoldbthe button down untill it starts moving forward. Or you watching live TV which can't be fast forwarded.

crazy carl
05-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here and you fella's can correct me if I'm wrong but the AVOV has stalkerware?

K00lKatT
05-05-2015, 08:12 PM
sort of, it has proprietary firmware which allows it to do IPTV, including our service....IMO, very nice little unit and easy to use..

crazed 9.6
05-07-2015, 10:30 PM
aVoV rocks
Get one.
Will not ever be underestimated.
Avov rocks

moskivb
05-10-2015, 12:57 PM
I like aVoV, I prefer it over the MAG254 as I find it easier to get around plus it has a few extras that MAG doesn't have. There also seems to be an active support team behind them.
Some bad points as well: There is no optical output and no AV cables supplied.