PDA

View Full Version : EPG Updater

kroakie1
04-17-2016, 05:29 PM
Well I have been trying to get the updater working for several days. I have trawled thd forum for info, but there are so many variations of what to do I am at a loss.
I run Kodi 16 on various android devices, all load the channels but not the full guide.
I have just followed the Tech Timeruuu video to the letter, but xtill get the error "Stalke Client unable to load guide".
Also checked other posts..
I have changed mac, done iptv reset, treble checked settings....
I think the problem lies in the sever address in either the updater or pvr stalker...
I have in updater: special:// userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/
I have in Stalker: special:// userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/epg_xmltv.xml
But always get same error.
If I check the download folder I cannot see the epg. xml file
Anyone got any suggestions

Bkman2020
04-17-2016, 05:49 PM
You don't need to do all that the plugin configures iptv stalker automatically also by the way make sure your mac starts with 00:1A:78 when configuring the plug in. Also you want to make sure your donation url portal is correct.

kroakie1
04-17-2016, 06:09 PM
I had Stalker Client already configured, and the reccomendation is not to have the updater configure it.
I did try letting it configure Stalker Client initially, but it still didnt work.....
Mac is ok.
I get all channels loaded but no guide.
If I go back to the old server url settings I get a guide minus the uk channels

Bkman2020
04-17-2016, 06:23 PM
yeah i get the same one addon gets epg populated the other addon doesnt must have issues with populating.

psycon
04-17-2016, 07:57 PM
install kodi log uploader addon, enqble debug logging in the epg addon's settings and in kodi itself. and pm me the link the log uploader gives you

kroakie1
04-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Psycon...Did u get the pm with log info?

jony604
04-19-2016, 06:15 PM
Ok I figured this out Go to system/ TV and turn off / then go in stalker put scope to local path/ and record your S#/ID/ ID /SIG
back out /go in auto updater and turn on configure pvr stalker enter your don # and mac your iptv portal and EPG path special://temp/ press ok/
manually update updater put back to auto update/ back out to stalker your local path should be filled in now if not restart kodi .
back in stalker change your S#/ID /ID /SIG back to the one's you had /press ok
back in to EPG updater turn OFF configure pvr stalker /ok /out to TV clear data & guide data turn TV ON and you should be good to go. I it work for me !!!!!!!!!!! on Android & PC

Did one more pc this way all good . Color EPG and channels play

kroakie1
04-19-2016, 07:30 PM
SORTED. all settings were correct, but changed guide preference to "prefer xmltv" instead of "xmltv only"
Full guide now on Android and PC.

So my settings for urls are
EPG updater: special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/
Stalker Client: Remote url: special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/epg_xmltv.xml
Guide preference: Prefer xmltv.

Hope this helps other people!