PDA

View Full Version : Moved Vixo 1 to another house, and the date will not update

12icer
04-13-2016, 03:57 PM
Of course with no system date none of the programs will work. I had att uverse at the other house, but this one has commercial exceed sat, Is it a Internet server thing, or will the vixo 1 not work with an IP change, or >>>> a thousand other things. It connects great, but the date is 1/1/1970 long before the vixo ever existed, WOOOO shades of M. J. Fox, and Delorean.

Marley
04-13-2016, 04:17 PM
wow i just plug mine in do a router reboot and then start the box

wickedjoker
04-13-2016, 04:19 PM
Yep I had the same issue send a bug report to AVOV it took me three reboots to get the time to work correctly and yes I was plugged in the router!

12icer
04-13-2016, 06:11 PM
I just wonder what the deal is I don't want to factory reset, because there is no way to get the programs back. If it comes back, Illl post it, but I have already rebooted it three time, gonna call the exede sat internet provider, and see if they even send out the signal, I guess it is possible they don't. I am thinking of trying bringing it back to the first house, and resetting the time, and keeping it hooked to backup power and moving it to the second if nothing else does it.

12icer
04-14-2016, 05:45 PM
Rebooted again, then went through the whole system rebooted everything from the sat modem to the vixo1, and the time updated, and all of the programs work great. it must just have been a matter of getting everything to communicate.

wickedjoker
04-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Thanks for responding back are you back to the original house or is working at the new one? yeah Like i said I have seen that issue too kind of strange that it even happens! Glad you are all set...

Marley
04-15-2016, 03:36 PM
yea for that box i would say yes too