PDA

View Full Version : Location of channel configuration file.

caribchief
04-13-2016, 11:13 AM
Hi Guys,

Using the firestick on Kodi 15.2 with stalker PVR Client using EPG ninja... I decided to make some channel changes by hiding a couple and re arranging them to my liking. I used group and channel manager. Can anyone please verify the location of the file so I can back it up as I do not want to go through the hassle of doing these changes again?

Thanks

psycon
04-13-2016, 03:16 PM
its in userdata/database as tv29.db..

caribchief
04-13-2016, 10:20 PM
Thank you very much psycon. Strangely I tried creating my groups, disabled synchronize channel groups with back ends and for some odd reason if did not work. every time channels reloaded my newly created folders were lost.
Could you shed some light on that?

expatter
04-13-2016, 10:49 PM
Thank you very much psycon. Strangely I tried creating my groups, disabled synchronize channel groups with back ends and for some odd reason if did not work. every time channels reloaded my newly created folders were lost.
Could you shed some light on that?

This used to happen to me as well when I was using 15+ kodi. The versions for Jarvis seem to be better.

BE WARNED! the first time you clear the data (cache) for TV, you will LOSE all the work you did. Even if you paste that tv.db file back, it doesn't matter... You will LOSE everything! Been there, done that and threw the tee shirt away.

caribchief
04-13-2016, 11:09 PM
Lol I realised that this morning and threw mine away. Was hoping to get a different perspective. But as you said it could very well be Kodi 15. I used 16 before... But until Kodi can sort out the video acceleration issues with the firestick and TV guides.. I went back to 15. Even when I disabled video acceleration I still found the picture wasn't clean and smooth. Less stuttering but wasn't happy. To watch videos outside of the guides I had to re enable video acceleration otherwise the voices wasn't in sync. Too much hassle for me. Went back to Kodi 15.

tuxen
04-14-2016, 04:03 AM
yeah the above issue with lost groups happened back when I used kodi 15 too.
on kodi 16 they stay and if you rename groups they stay renamed, also when 'synchronize channel groups with backend' is enabled.

psycon
04-14-2016, 04:36 AM
to avoid losing your work when hitting "clear data" make sure eu do it in EPG settings, not general.

or jsut do it manually by navigating to your database folder inthe file browser and deleting epg11.db..

we are currently modifuying the EPG udpater and or IPTV stalker addon to add an option to remove all non english channels by use of a blacklist, and a simple "english only" setting in settings... pvr.stalker is more tricky we woudl have to serve premade tv29.db files for each server number and it could be more trouble than its worth, but doable..

caribchief
04-14-2016, 11:53 AM
Thanks psycon. Well after some trial and error on my end I got it working. I went through the task of disabling each non English channel I didn't want. Then in TV settings I disabled both Synchronize channel groups with back-end and Use channel order from back-end. I then went into group manager and removed all groups except for all channels. My final channel count came up to around 330.
After this you then take a backup of the TV29 database. Feel free to copy it over to any device in the path you describe above.

Important.!!! DATA needs to be cleared in order for it to function properly. DO NOT!! Clear Data from the General Tab.... You will only erase your settings. Clear data only from the Guide Tab. All will work well after.
If data is cleared mistakenly from General Tab just replace again with TV29 database.

You are good to go.