PDA

View Full Version : Which box for a Noob.

Squeaker
04-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Hey, i'm stuck at the mo, i took out year long subscription/donation 2/3 months ago and i would watch IPTV on a Firestick, but i have been getting the message ITV unauthorised or something along those lines for the last few weeks. I've since found out that IPTV Stalker is no longer working on Firestick, i was advised for it to work i need either a Mag box or an Avov box. I am in the Uk and can't find a Uk seller for the Avov range and i don't really want a Mag box, i'm looking for one box which runs IPTV and Kodi. Obviously as im not well versed on this tech, i've no idea. I was going to purchase the T8 AML V3s box, but don't know if it would run both IPTV and Kodi, i've had one person say yes and one say no.

So my question is thus, am i actually restricted to an Avov/Mag choice or is there a better all in one option out there?

Thanks for any help and apologies if posted in wrong section.

big dady
04-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Avov is my choice but any quad core Android box with 2gb ram would be suffice. You can also run STB emulator on your firestick alongside of kodi with out spending more money. Take a look at the emulator section or the amazon fire tv section to read up on it

Chumbomumo
04-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Where did you hear it won't work on a firestick? I've been using it fine for a week or so (my first week). Only today will it not connect. I've tried a reset and will check tomo.

I don't think the info you have is accurate. There's been changes lately to everyone's portals.... That's maybe the issue. Id read posts from a week ago and re check what portal you now have by logging into your donation and double checking that info with the configuration of your client.

Can you share where it says IPTV doesn't work with a firestick?

Squeaker
04-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Hey and thanks for the replies, i was looking at Avov, until i found they had to be shipped the America and thats likely to incur customs charges etc. The T8 is quadcore and has 2gb of ram so i might go for that.

I wouldn't say i'm a frequent user as i don't watch much tv, but i used to watch sports on IPTV, through IPTV Stalker on Kodi, it changed its name to IPTV Stalker RIP and i started getting error messages, it didnt bother me at first as there were other options on Kodi. At the end of the day tho, i paid for this so i looked into it, found out the Stalker needed updating, but couldn't find how to do it or a new repo with it in, (if it still works, didnt look far enough haha). Anyway, i posted on the IPTV Stalker facebook page asking for help on how to do it, forgot about the forums to be honest. I received a message saying No more firesticks, i need a Mag or an Avov box, at that point, i thought theres not much point forking out for a new box,so i left it, until the last day or two when i thought i might as well. Then thats what brought me here :)

NBS
04-12-2016, 10:12 PM
the dreamlink t1 will be out soon and runs iptv/kodi. Basically plug and play Really nice unit

big dady
04-13-2016, 03:24 AM
Have a look here and it will help you set up iptv stalker back into your firestick
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?15368-IPTV-Stalker-quot-Papiao-quot-10-0-1-Install-and-How-to-tutorial

Chumbomumo
04-13-2016, 12:51 PM
Failing that - there's also the inbuilt PVR Stalker client that works absolutely fine.