PDA

View Full Version : EPG data stops at 730pm (USA CST -6.00 hours). Do we delete EPG.db & epg_xmltv.xml?

ljhookem14
04-12-2016, 02:05 AM
Also only getting USA channels.

When the PVR.Stalker starts up it initially says unable to load guide then imports guide from client. So it's not pulling from database.

Do we delete those files like we used to in the past?

Bkman2020
04-12-2016, 02:10 AM
the author is working on the epg dont do anything

ljhookem14
04-12-2016, 02:11 AM
I deleted the EPG.db file in Database and now I have everything back to normal. All UK and USA channels showing data

Except for these psycon:

• Channel5 (had some issues in past getting data...I'm sure it's on the host end)
• BBC 1
• BBC 4
• Travel Channel UK
• Willow (had issues in past w/ getting data)
• MLB Network

I'm sure there might be other channels but I only activate 118 channels.

ljhookem14
04-12-2016, 02:13 AM
the author is working on the epg dont do anything

See my post above Bkman

Bkman2020
04-12-2016, 02:14 AM
i have all channels populated with out deleting anything so he must had did some fixing .

ljhookem14
04-12-2016, 02:17 AM
i have all channels populated with out deleting anything so he must had did some fixing .

You can still delete the EPG.db file to help it repopulate. Won't hurt anything. Only one I want to hear from psycon is the epg_xmltv.xml for future consideration. I'm sure that file can be deleted too but want to hear from him specifically.

ljhookem14
04-12-2016, 02:22 AM
Bkam, I'm sure if you check Channel-5 you won't have data....as well as the other channels I listed.

psycon
04-12-2016, 02:29 AM
ljhookem14.. sometimes some grabs jsut dont work, they come back on their own. I appreciate your enthusiasm for sure, but i dont need a play by play every single day (3-4 times a day) every time a couple channels disappear. it is the way it is..

ljhookem14
04-12-2016, 07:10 PM
ljhookem14.. sometimes some grabs jsut dont work, they come back on their own. I appreciate your enthusiasm for sure, but i dont need a play by play every single day (3-4 times a day) every time a couple channels disappear. it is the way it is..

10-4. Only trying to help...wasn't a complaint.

The original post wasn't about which channels didn't have data it was just about how the guide wasn't pulling from the Database and should I delete the files like we used to in the past.

I went ahead and deleted the db file and it came back. That's when I noticed the lack of data on those certain channels.

I think if the EPG status sticky thread was kept updated it would stop many new threads and redundant threads.

Then maybe create a separate sticky or thread at the bottom about which stated which channels didn't have data so those redundant new posts weren't started as well.

When I see an issue with my guide, I first come here to look for a post explaining what the issue is. If I find that, I don't post. If I don't see any info on that, I then post about it to alert you as well as others with similar issues.

When I see nothing it makes me think nobody knows about the issues at that time.