PDA

View Full Version : freezing

mrmagoo62
04-10-2016, 10:16 PM
I noticed that yesterday and today early in the day server 1.iptv ran smooth on my mag 254 but later on it starts freezing constantly as it is now, did the reboots and settings are same as always cept for the server and changing the refresh rate settings 2 weeks ago

mrmagoo62
04-11-2016, 12:44 AM
after trying one more boot of the router and the mag now it wont connect to server progress bar comes up but no yellow

se7en
04-11-2016, 01:09 AM
I've been freezing badly all weekend except for a 2 hour stint this afternoon..

NAUDITOR
04-11-2016, 01:15 AM
Seem the sorting out party was only for a two day stretch now the f....ing freezing is back again with most if not all channels freezing and stucking which leaves me to ask what was all the f....ery for that had most if not all of us down for awhile with connection and internet errors coupled with portal hiccups etc. justthe same shit no matter what day of the week

se7en
04-11-2016, 01:21 AM
Easy nauditor..the guys around here are pretty helpful.. Take a breath and givem some time..

pod77
04-11-2016, 01:22 AM
I'm on portal 1.. Been watching all day and I have had a total of 8-10 freezes.. Watching ID channel right now problem free.. I'm not sure what ports you guys are on but #1 is problem free tonight, the freezing I had was during the day today👍

se7en
04-11-2016, 01:28 AM
Im on 3..has been pretty bad all weekend.. I'm missing my walking dead right now so the wife is pissy...lol uh

elpapituyo99
04-11-2016, 01:58 AM
I am on 4 and all I watch is ppv. I have stsrted to watch the darn revenant like seven times now with no luck. Most I been have been more than half way thru but have not been able to watch the ending.

mrmagoo62
04-11-2016, 02:14 AM
Thats funny mine is the reverse
I'm on portal 1.. Been watching all day and I have had a total of 8-10 freezes.. Watching ID channel right now problem free.. I'm not sure what ports you guys are on but #1 is problem free tonight, the freezing I had was during the day today��

exnvalid
04-11-2016, 04:26 AM
I'm on portal 3 and no problem in freeze and I only got a 4 mb connection and currently living in South America where the Internet is horrible lol and expensive

mrmagoo62
04-11-2016, 09:43 PM
today the server loaded but no tv

donaldb
04-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Same here.........

se7en
04-12-2016, 12:16 AM
Yup freezing again for me here on 3. Was fine during the day..
I'd guess load bearing issues on the servers..

pod77
04-12-2016, 12:25 AM
Yup freezing again for me here on 3. Was fine during the day..
I'd guess load bearing issues on the servers..
It also can be load bearing on your ISP... That's when everyone is on your ISP as well 😉😉

mishraz
04-12-2016, 01:34 AM
constantly freezing then buffering on 2, and i have a 100+ MBPS connection.

mrmagoo62
04-12-2016, 02:54 AM
my last speed test was 132MBPS, at this point i now have a stream but freezing like crazy

CBX2000
04-12-2016, 12:35 PM
I'm also on portal 3 and it has been freezing yesterday and on Sunday consistantly. I'm on a 240MB connection and all other internet traffic is fine including streaming from other sources

donaldb
04-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Did an IPTV reset and all came back this a.m.

pod77
04-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Guys if it's freezing like you say the forum would be flooded with complaints. Please read this and it will explain why you might be having freezing... Also just because you can watch another addon without any freezing means absolutely nothing.... The servers here are located in a country that doesn't have the best ISP providers...

Here is a c/p from another site that explains the buffering situation.. As some of us are not experiencing the issue all the time:

C/P: What you have described is very typical of ISP capacity problems. This has been a major problem in my area where the ISP's lack either the total available bandwidth to cover its commitment or they lack the infrastructure to distribute bandwidth at full capacity. I've had people paying for 30mbps that at peak times would get less then 1mbps.

If you can prove your ISP is incapable of providing an acceptable service through logging speed tests over time you should report it to your local authority that is responsible for the regulation of ISP's. Then you should report to your ISP that you have reported them to the authority

C/P: That is xx mbps from your ISP to you but what happens between your ISP and the server? That is probably where the freezing comes from. Do a tracert and you will see where the freezing is from

mrmagoo62
04-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Over the past few days i have used 2 different sites for speed tests and got almost the same numbers at the times that the freezing was occurring and my down speeds were in the 130s and up was 11 to 13, that is why i posted my issues here otherwise i would have gone to my ISP about it, i dont jump on every glitch that goes on with NFPS because i understand the nature of the beast and mostly wait it out but when im having probs for 2 to 3 days yes i inquire here and hope for a solution, what i was seeing were people saying "well im up on that server so it must be on your end" that is not always the answer because there were a bunch of us having probs, today i came home and booted my Mag and service is running prob free ... no connection probs and no freezing and i havent done a thing, so to all you doubters tell me why is all good now? did someone sneak in and modify settings for me while i was sleeping or at work or were there issues on the server side??? anyway thanks team for sorting it out and getting us back up i know it cant be a simple task
Guys if it's freezing like you say the forum would be flooded with complaints. Please read this and it will explain why you might be having freezing... Also just because you can watch another addon without any freezing means absolutely nothing.... The servers here are located in a country that doesn't have the best ISP providers...

Here is a c/p from another site that explains the buffering situation.. As some of us are not experiencing the issue all the time:

C/P: What you have described is very typical of ISP capacity problems. This has been a major problem in my area where the ISP's lack either the total available bandwidth to cover its commitment or they lack the infrastructure to distribute bandwidth at full capacity. I've had people paying for 30mbps that at peak times would get less then 1mbps.

If you can prove your ISP is incapable of providing an acceptable service through logging speed tests over time you should report it to your local authority that is responsible for the regulation of ISP's. Then you should report to your ISP that you have reported them to the authority

C/P: That is xx mbps from your ISP to you but what happens between your ISP and the server? That is probably where the freezing comes from. Do a tracert and you will see where the freezing is from

pod77
04-13-2016, 12:22 AM
No it has to do with your ISP wheather you understand it or not... Read what I posted again 😉 I'm on the same port and have zero freezing like I said... So if that's the case it's your ISP provider... It's how things are routed by your ISP... Think about it for 1 minute.. There are literally 1000's of people using this service, don't you think if they all are freezing you would see everyone complaining... The issue can be totally out of your hands unfortunately. 👍

CBX2000
04-13-2016, 12:40 PM
It's actually quite annoying reading your post telling people that they are wrong and you are right. You yourself have noticed freezing in the last few days too. There is a problem and others are noticing it. I've had this service for 2 months now and I've only experienced the freezing since the few days of downtime recently. Not everybody might be reporting the freezing but none the less people are reporting it. I find it hard to believe that it's my ISP causing the issue as my speed tests and route results come back without any issues. It's too much of a coincidence that the freezing has only started in the last week or so straight after the downtime that everyone using NFPS has witnessed and as part of the resolution to fix that problem, users were load balanced on different servers to reduce the load. Maybe at times the load on these servers is still too much.

No it has to do with your ISP wheather you understand it or not... Read what I posted again  I'm on the same port and have zero freezing like I said... So if that's the case it's your ISP provider... It's how things are routed by your ISP... Think about it for 1 minute.. There are literally 1000's of people using this service, don't you think if they all are freezing you would see everyone complaining... The issue can be totally out of your hands unfortunately. 

pod77
04-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Yes as I said I had a few freezes but nothing to make it unwatchable. FYI this isn't the only support site and if you know about the other site and looked there isn't a lot of people complaining about freezing... So again if it was freezing for everyone then both forums would be absolutely flooded with complaints! Which isn't the case which leads one to believe that your ISP could be the issue. Sorry if you don't like that answer.

wickedjoker
04-13-2016, 06:14 PM
Hey guys there is an easy way to see if it an ISP issue when you have a problem try connecting to a VPN like IPVanish if the problem doesn't go away then its probably the service if it does then its the ISP.

Just a side note when I have issues I just connect to my VPN and its like magic the problem goes away so for me I do have an ISP issue more than likely throttling which i reported to the FCC since they are not supposed to be doing that in states.

pod77
04-13-2016, 07:16 PM
Thank you wickedjoker!

wickedjoker
04-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Thank you wickedjoker!

Anytime bro! BTW when you going to add an avatar?

mrmagoo62
04-13-2016, 10:15 PM
I am using a Mag box does a VPN work with that
Hey guys there is an easy way to see if it an ISP issue when you have a problem try connecting to a VPN like IPVanish if the problem doesn't go away then its probably the service if it does then its the ISP.

Just a side note when I have issues I just connect to my VPN and its like magic the problem goes away so for me I do have an ISP issue more than likely throttling which i reported to the FCC since they are not supposed to be doing that in states.

mrmagoo62
04-13-2016, 10:30 PM
I agree it is quite a coincidence , up till NFPS had its probs my service has been good lately freezing once in a while, yesterday was freeze free today im getting freezing again, i just ran a speed test and numbers are almost the same as always in the 130s, so from what Pod77 is saying they should be low, yes ? no ? do these tests show correct numbers or are they BS ?
It's actually quite annoying reading your post telling people that they are wrong and you are right. You yourself have noticed freezing in the last few days too. There is a problem and others are noticing it. I've had this service for 2 months now and I've only experienced the freezing since the few days of downtime recently. Not everybody might be reporting the freezing but none the less people are reporting it. I find it hard to believe that it's my ISP causing the issue as my speed tests and route results come back without any issues. It's too much of a coincidence that the freezing has only started in the last week or so straight after the downtime that everyone using NFPS has witnessed and as part of the resolution to fix that problem, users were load balanced on different servers to reduce the load. Maybe at times the load on these servers is still too much.

wickedjoker
04-13-2016, 10:35 PM
I am using a Mag box does a VPN work with that

Not sure if MAG can I am using primarily AVOV units now. If they don't have an option on the inner portal then you would need a router that is VPN capable.

wickedjoker
04-13-2016, 10:39 PM
I agree it is quite a coincidence , up till NFPS had its probs my service has been good lately freezing once in a while, yesterday was freeze free today im getting freezing again, i just ran a speed test and numbers are almost the same as always in the 130s, so from what Pod77 is saying they should be low, yes ? no ? do these tests show correct numbers or are they BS ?

What was your latency at? I notice mine got to around 300 again this is from the ISP not even counting the hops to the hosted service then you can add on another 170ms. and that wont work...

mrmagoo62
04-14-2016, 12:00 AM
the Ookla test said 8ms on the ping test
What was your latency at? I notice mine got to around 300 again this is from the ISP not even counting the hops to the hosted service then you can add on another 170ms. and that wont work...

wickedjoker
04-14-2016, 12:15 AM
Have you tried a VPN at all?

mrmagoo62
04-14-2016, 10:22 PM
i dont think i can use one with a Mag nbox
Have you tried a VPN at all?