PDA

View Full Version : ERROR can't load guide

Omni
04-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Hi guys hope everyone is well I'm having a small issue with one of my subscription I have Kodi 16 Hilton PVR setup with the updater and everything had been running Grey after the update now my updater gives me the error message can't load guide I practically tried everything I have read in the forums but have not had any luck I reset my Mac I also have defaulted the PVR client and tried to subscribe it using the new updater has anyone had the same issue? And does anyone know how to solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated thank you

high247
04-09-2016, 04:19 PM
.xml file is in kodi/cache folder now. Change local file location to correct dir.

04-09-2016, 04:26 PM
I am having the same problem. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about using this service since day 1 but I am at a a loss and obviously doing something wrong. Here is what I have tried, maybe it will help you but so far I can't get my guide back:

Setup:
Android on MyGica 1900 and 582
Kodi 16
Stalker Client 1.0.3
Stalker EPG Updater 1.0.16 auto updated from earlier versions
Portal 11.1.iptvrocket
Server 1.rocketserver

I manually configure stalker so I can use it on two different units and so I have the "configure pvr stalker" unchecked in the EPG updater setting. I am able to load channels but no guide. I had not changed any settings in Stalker originally but after reading and experimenting I have tried changing the XMLTV Scope Remote Url to Special://temp with no luck. I also tried changing the setting to Local Path but the system will not allow me to change the path to the folder where the XML file is now stored. I tried also leaving the path blank. Each time I make a change I disable the PVR in Kodi, clear data, exit, restart and re-enable PVR so I know the new settings are fresh.
I am obviously missing something...

04-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Update on progress. I made a copy of the most recent xml file and placed it in another folder and I was able to change the local path to see this file and the guide loaded. I'm not sure why Kodi/android won't allow me to see the file in its default site assigned by Updater - hidden file maybe? I will check the security settings and if that's not it maybe I can change the default path in the Updater settings to this new folder location. I'm not sure that all of this is necessary, you'd think the update would be easier. Perhaps because I am forcing manual settings I have created this hassle myself.

Omni
04-09-2016, 05:24 PM
.xml file is in kodi/cache folder now. Change local file location to correct dir.

Thanks for your quick reply I am going to definitely give it a shot when I get home hopefully that will work as I checked before all the folders and I did not have an existing XML file anywhere hopefully it's inside Kodi pranks

Omni
04-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Okay I tried what you said when and to Kodi folders but could not find an actual cache folder so continued searching which led me to the user data folder which I do see the updater settings XML but do not see any EPG XML so now I am back to square one I am really lost would truly appreciate someone to help me thanks

rusty
04-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Settings-Appearance-File lists-Show hidden files and directories

ilan
04-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Update on progress. I made a copy of the most recent xml file and placed it in another folder and I was able to change the local path to see this file and the guide loaded. I'm not sure why Kodi/android won't allow me to see the file in its default site assigned by Updater - hidden file maybe? I will check the security settings and if that's not it maybe I can change the default path in the Updater settings to this new folder location. I'm not sure that all of this is necessary, you'd think the update would be easier. Perhaps because I am forcing manual settings I have created this hassle myself.

You need to unhide hidden files...

System > Settings > Appearance > File Lists

dara
04-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Okay I tried what you said when and to Kodi folders but could not find an actual cache folder so continued searching which led me to the user data folder which I do see the updater settings XML but do not see any EPG XML so now I am back to square one I am really lost would truly appreciate someone to help me thanks

You probably will need to set your skin settings for File lists to "Show hidden files and directories". Once done, in the PVR Stalker, make sure the XMLTV Scope is set for "Local Path", and that there is a value in the Local Path that ends in "epg_xmltv.xml".

I know for the default settings for the updater (special://temp) on a PC, that the file appears in the %appdata%/Kodi/cache folder.

04-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Thank you for the helpful responses. I did get it working but had to modify a few things so hopefully this will help others. I checked to make sure that in the android settings I was not hiding any files and this was all ok. I use the Arctic Zephyr skin and didn't see any settings there re hidden files. What I did notice in the directory tree for Kodi that my directory goes like this:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/epg_xmltv.xml
Notice that in the last folder in this structure there is a "." In front of the word "kodi". I'm thinking the system would not let me see this folder because of the naming convention using the "." in front of the name. So what I have done is I created a new folder called "EPG" so now it looks like this as a directory: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/EPG
I changed the location in Updater to reflect this new location and then I was able to change the local path in Stalker to point to the file in this new folder. So far, all is working.
Again, not sure if the issue with the folder name using the "." is the culprit and if so there is something I'm missing so that this folder can actually be seen by Stalker or if this naming convention is unique to the MyGica device but either way it is a fix for now and hopefull it might help others.

04-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Ahhhh, Dara/Ilan/rusty, I didn't read your posts close enough. I have never been in the "file lists" settings in Kodi itself. I was thinking of it being a skin setting. I just looked and sure enough it was hiding files and directories. I clicked it on and bango, I can now see the .kodi folder. Well there goes 3 hours of my life I won't get back lol, isn't this hobby fun :) At least I learned a bit more about Kodi, Updater and Stalker today!
Omni, thanks for starting this thread, I hope this helps you!

dara
04-09-2016, 06:45 PM
The "." is used by the Android OS to hide folders and files, so they aren't accidentally deleted by well-meaning newbies.

bsngupta
04-09-2016, 11:07 PM
i'm using on nvidia shield android tv, not sure how to find that epg xml file
can some one give the exact path for kodi on android tv's

bsngupta
04-09-2016, 11:16 PM
nm, i figured that out

JunitoPR
04-10-2016, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the info I was having the same issue bit thanks to this post I was able to get the epg back