PDA

View Full Version : remove foreign language channels from EPG

owen420
04-09-2016, 01:23 AM
what is the easyest way to remove all the foreign language channels from the EPG... I just want english channels... I know you can do it right in kodi but its several hundred channels that I would have to untick manually

is there anyway I can edit my list on a PC or a easyer way to disable all these channels?

I think the huge EPG is slowing down my android box because its only got 1gb of ram and a low end quad core 1.6ghz

any help would be appreciated thanks

high247
04-09-2016, 01:40 AM
Not at this time. The whole guide is not even 50MB's for the record.

Blackbear199
04-09-2016, 01:51 AM
50MB where did u get that figure from?
must be a uneducated guess as i never seen it 50mb ever.psycon dropped the international which is like half the channels.
i left the project but can take a very educated guess that its well under 5mb.
check the file size the updater downloads..after its uncompressed.

high247
04-09-2016, 02:00 AM
50MB where did u get that figure from?
must be a uneducated guess as i never seen it 50mb ever.psycon dropped the international which is like half the channels.
i left the project but can take a very educated guess that its well under 5mb.
check the file size the updater downloads..after its uncompressed.

Goto cache folder and look. 51MB as of just looking. Wasn't an uneducated guess at all.

psycon
04-09-2016, 02:01 AM
actually he was right the guide file was huge on the last pull, just doing some work on the grabs.

Blackbear199
04-09-2016, 02:03 AM
well you got seroius epg problem...ur feeding nfps epg maybe..

high247
04-09-2016, 02:04 AM
actually he was right the guide file was huge on the last pull, just doing some work on the grabs.

Cheers psycon!

Blackbear199
04-09-2016, 02:05 AM
Goto cache folder and look. 51MB as of just looking. Wasn't an uneducated guess at all.

when i say i left i mean left..i dont use the service..so cant check anything..

high247
04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
when i say i left i mean left..i dont use the service..so cant check anything..

So why tell me I'm guessing when you were? Don't make sense. I'm just here to help. No hard feelings tho. Cheers!

Blackbear199
04-09-2016, 02:18 AM
i wrote the epg script
babysat it until a few weeks ago...and all of a sudden internationals are gone...its 50mb..
i forgot more than u wille ver know about this epg.

ljhookem14
04-09-2016, 02:32 AM

Interesting as my EPG was blank just a second ago and now it's populated.

Blackbear was indeed, along w/ psycon, over the Ninja EPG guide. No reason for either side to throw negative remarks around.

Reading a lot from Owen of late it's obvious the guy is very knowledgeable.

Thanks for all you did Blackbear in the past. I know it was a ton of work.

high247
04-09-2016, 02:38 AM
i wrote the epg script
babysat it until a few weeks ago...and all of a sudden internationals are gone...its 50mb..
i forgot more than u wille ver know about this epg.

Take a chill pill.

Blackbear199
04-09-2016, 02:41 AM
lookin for help door is open i am sure..fix it..
i will see your progress in level of complaints.
good luck,need help..ask nicely and i may..

psycon
04-09-2016, 03:02 AM
u wrote the script eh? weird, i thought i was the one to bring you onto the team, you know the one i started with the first working EPG for nfps. ... yup sure dont know what im doing. yeah u added more international channels by searching through the xml to handle the renaming a tedious task for sure i know, i did it for most of the english channels with dara. u may have also added webgrab for the whole 30 chans it grabs and had to constantly "babysit" the whole grab as a result.. but the script as it was originally made runs itself, time after time again, unless a grab breaks, and fixing that is trivial. look everyone is thankful for what you added im sure, i know am. your contribution allowed me to focus on different things.

as far as the internationals, i disabled them intentionally, as u said they take up half the guide and make the file huge.. and make load times unnessicarily slow for something maybe 5% of people watch.. we planning to bring them back in the future, but not untill we have scripted in the stuff to replace the tv29.db with premodified ones to remove channels people dont want from the list all together.

as for the file getting big, i was testing doing longer grabs to see how kodi 16.2's "improved" epg code would handle it, not well.

dont need ur help, team is full , the epg runs itself and we're focusing on new addon and app development. u lost all respect from me when you started saying shit like u should have deleted everything on the server, taking down everyones EPG ( woudlnt take long to revert it to a nightly backup though btw) .. why did u get so mad though?, because i put up a link for ppl to buy android boxes with my build? saying illegal this illegal that, then further bringing up taking shit to the tax man, all i heard was a rat looking for some cheese when you said that.... my boxes are not illegal, i dont resell accounts, i have a legit local business and customers who love the 1 on 1 support i give them.. but at the end of the day your bawking about not wanting to be involved with illegal this illegal that as every day your coding the EPG for a stalker server, it just doesnt make sense... are u bipolar or something.. SMH

owen420
04-12-2016, 07:10 PM
fair enough...

I through the .db into a sql editor and seen everything showing up... but nothing was in order... foreign channels all over the place and whatnot no real easy way to remove them other then deleting one by one just like in kodi

if anybody knows of a easier way so manage channels let me know

i tried going the ivue route but it was really unstable... guide data missing

the guide pops up instantly on my i7 but my droid box it hangs anywhere from 3-10 seconds.... same thing with my octocore galaxy s6 phone... think its a android thing

just trying to optimize it as best as I can.... maybe just need to invest in a another pc

psycon
04-12-2016, 07:43 PM
i say the best way is to make a group containing the channels you want (dont forget to disable backend group sync)

owen420
04-19-2016, 07:42 PM
never thought of that might be the route i go... give it a shot later on today thx psycon