PDA

View Full Version : EPG Not Working

georgec
04-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Been away & come back & EPG no longer working.
What's changed/needs to be changed?

I see lots of threads on this that go on & on but a simple explanation to get it up & running again would be really good.

Kodi 15.2, Stalker Client 0.8.4, EPG Updater 1.0.16, & have put Donation & Serial into Updater.

All fine yesterday, almost empty guide today & nothing on channels list

georgec
04-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Been away & come back & EPG no longer working.
What's changed/needs to be changed?

I see lots of threads on this that go on & on but a simple explanation to get it up & running again would be really good.

Kodi 15.2, Stalker Client 0.8.4, EPG Updater 1.0.16, & have put Donation & Serial into Updater.

All fine yesterday, almost empty guide today & nothing on channels list

I'm totally lost with this now, been trying to sort it for ages.

I tried letting updater configure pvr client & it's changed all my settings so not sure where to begin to get this working now.

sandog
04-13-2016, 12:17 AM
I'm having the same issue.. was working for 5/6 weeks then noting starting a couple days ago

expatter
04-13-2016, 01:04 AM
I'm totally lost with this now, been trying to sort it for ages.

I tried letting updater configure pvr client & it's changed all my settings so not sure where to begin to get this working now.

Change the settings in the updater addon to NOT configure your pvr. Disable live tv in kodi settings. Make any changes you need to and fill in your mac, id1&2 and signature. Save settings. Go to the papaio website and reset your mac. Make sure the download directory is the same in both the epg updater AND pvr addons. Clear the EPG data in kodi settings and then reenable live tv. Should get you up and going. If you are missing UK guide info, it is a server issue from the pull. Should repopulate at the next update.

OR you could just download the guide from the github and not use the updater at all if you have issues. Just point your (pvr) addon to the local directory where you have the epg-guide.xml file residing (//special:/temp, etc.)

georgec
04-13-2016, 07:17 AM
Yeh sorted this days ago now.

Reset Kodi with Backup & just changed where it was looking for xtml file.
Would have saved some time if someone had told us the download location had changed though.

madmarcd1
04-19-2016, 09:57 PM
I have had the same problem. I am using Kodi 16 + Stalker Client. I have had no info in guide for about 10 days. I am not really understanding the previous two solutions (is my set up different - I can't seem to locate EPG Updater mentioned or)? I have done everything as far as resetting MAC, etc. Live tv works except no info in guide. any info would be much appreciated.

madmarcd1
04-19-2016, 10:12 PM
I have had the same problem. I am using Kodi 16 + Stalker Client. I have had no info in guide for about 10 days. I am not really understanding the previous two solutions (is my set up different - I can't seem to locate EPG Updater mentioned or)? I have done everything as far as resetting MAC, etc. Live tv works except no info in guide. any info would be much appreciated.

ok. so I searched and found the updater. So I guess I need to know what to put in the EPG download path? it currently says "special://temp" How do I find what the correct path is?

nickhack
04-20-2016, 01:55 PM
ok. so I searched and found the updater. So I guess I need to know what to put in the EPG download path? it currently says "special://temp" How do I find what the correct path is?

Interested in knowing how to do that too.

expatter
04-20-2016, 11:21 PM

You don't need to make any changes here, unless you really want to. You only need to make certain that the info in the updater for the download path is the same setting in the pvr. So, in the pvr, you would change the scope for the epg to local and then you could type in "special://temp/epg_xmltv.xml". However, it looks like the epg has not been updated in 2 days, so the info you are going to get is minimal and will be totally blank soon. Maybe this will be updated shortly or maybe not. You could opt to use the Ivue2 guide when this happens.

It really is bothersome that changes are made frequently and old info/tutorials are no longer applicable and if you ask questions, sometimes it is hit and miss; you might get a helpful response or you might get some snippy, terse comment. It would be nice if nfps provided this epg guide as a service, rather than handling it the current way. But then, that would be in a perfect world and as stated over and over in these forums, "This is only a hobby and as such, cannot be relied upon (except to accept your 'donation' ;) )

Good luck!

psycon
04-20-2016, 11:30 PM
looking into why it hasnt posted the epg files in acouple days. should be back in 10 mins or so

georgec
04-21-2016, 09:08 AM
looking into why it hasnt posted the epg files in acouple days. should be back in 10 mins or so

EPG all back here today, just blank for BBC1, BBC4, UFC Network & Travel Channel UK

georgec
04-21-2016, 10:05 AM
Just a heads up, ITV Encore Channel guide is correct but Channel linked is ITV Encore+1, so guide is always an hour ahead of what's on, & UK Channel 5 guide seems to be a day behind....

madmarcd1
04-22-2016, 04:34 PM
thanks for the reply. when in PVR (Stalker Client); I switched scope to local and it wants me to browse; won't let me type.

madmarcd1
04-22-2016, 05:32 PM
You don't need to make any changes here, unless you really want to. You only need to make certain that the info in the updater for the download path is the same setting in the pvr. So, in the pvr, you would change the scope for the epg to local and then you could type in "special://temp/epg_xmltv.xml". However, it looks like the epg has not been updated in 2 days, so the info you are going to get is minimal and will be totally blank soon. Maybe this will be updated shortly or maybe not. You could opt to use the Ivue2 guide when this happens.

It really is bothersome that changes are made frequently and old info/tutorials are no longer applicable and if you ask questions, sometimes it is hit and miss; you might get a helpful response or you might get some snippy, terse comment. It would be nice if nfps provided this epg guide as a service, rather than handling it the current way. But then, that would be in a perfect world and as stated over and over in these forums, "This is only a hobby and as such, cannot be relied upon (except to accept your 'donation' ;) )

Good luck!

Thanks, this put me on the right path. I changed the EPG Download Path in the Updater to the same remote EPG (https://...) info I had in the Stalker Client PVR. Look like the guide info has downloaded and all better now. :)

cwh060
04-25-2016, 01:01 PM
What is the GIT address, maybe this will help. Getting tired of deleted the epg11.db each time.

cwh

TVFan
04-25-2016, 02:59 PM
GIT address is hxxps://github.com/psyc0n/epgninja (replace xx with tt in URL).

psycon
04-25-2016, 03:36 PM
Yeh sorted this days ago now.

Reset Kodi with Backup & just changed where it was looking for xtml file.
Would have saved some time if someone had told us the download location had changed though.

read the how to thread.

Bkman2020
04-25-2016, 04:24 PM
GIT address is hxxps://github.com/psyc0n/epgninja (replace xx with tt in URL).

I would rather wait till the system is fully back up.