PDA

View Full Version : epg updater test version (for IPTV stalker papiao)

psycon
03-27-2016, 02:17 AM
there is a test vertions in **********/clairvoyance/testing

for pvr.stalker/nfps nothing has changed.

Added support for IPTV Stalker Papiao

all you need to do is have IPTV stalker set up so you can connect, then install the EPG updater and enable pvr.iptvsimple, the addon takes care of configuring everything for you, jsut go set your timezone in pvr.iptvsimple and restart kodi, dont worry about server adressses or any other setting, just the timezone.

psycon
03-28-2016, 12:31 AM
any feedback would be appreciated

ilan
03-28-2016, 05:48 PM
Does this only work in Kodi 16? I gave it a try with one box that has 15.2. I downloaded the test add-on...

1. Cleared the xml file from my disabled pvr stalker client
2. Enabled IPTV Stalker 10.0.0
3. Enabled the defaulted PVR IPTV Simple Client
4. Restarted Kodi

The PVR Simple Client remained unconfigured. No xml file was downloaded to the PVR Simple Client folder; however, the add-on successfully downloaded the xml file to the disabled PVR Stalker Client folder.

psycon
03-28-2016, 06:21 PM
you need to set your timezone and "apply to all channels" in iptvsimple and restart kodi.. when it is defaulted there is no settings.xml.. the addon looks for this and does not run if its missing as it assumes you are not using it.

ilan
03-28-2016, 07:01 PM
I'll give it another shot. I did set the timezone and chose apply to all. I would have thought setting the timezone would generate the settings.xml file w/in the Simple folder.

====== Edit =======

I checked and there is a settings.xml file in the Simple folder.

ilan
03-28-2016, 07:11 PM
Same result. I noted that there was a settings.xml file first. Restarted Kodi, but no settings were added to the configuration and no epg.xml file was downloaded to the Simple folder.

I'll wait a bit to see what other testers find.

rodjames
03-28-2016, 07:39 PM
I am installing kodi on my tablet tonight, for a different route. I'll give this one a shot and let you know if I have many happiness.

psycon
03-28-2016, 08:54 PM
im gonna go ahead and say all the addons on my repo are intended for kodi 16 and up, AKAIAC there is no reason not to update to 16..

Jscraig
03-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Does it work with Kodi's built in pvr?

ilan
03-29-2016, 02:32 PM
Yes, it works with Stalker Client.

Jscraig
03-29-2016, 02:47 PM
Ok I'll try it. Do I delete the other updater?

ilan
03-29-2016, 02:57 PM
I would. You can always reinstall if the need arises.

olsts
03-31-2016, 09:39 PM
Does this work for android boxes(Mbox, MXII). using kodi 16.0 and when trying to install the zip file, error saying it failed to load zip file. same for all zipped files in the testing section of the Clairvoyance site.

psycon
03-31-2016, 09:42 PM
the other files are OS specific... this should install on any though.. not seeing much love for this feature so may not bother with it.

olsts
04-01-2016, 04:51 PM
the other files are OS specific... this should install on any though.. not seeing much love for this feature so may not bother with it.

It's unfortunate, we need some kind of epg to work with stalker papiao. I find it works much better than pvr stalker client or pvr stalker nfps. it was working fine with ivue until a few weeks ago.
can't seem to find anything else out there.

psycon
04-01-2016, 05:33 PM
it does work.... you may need to uninstall the previous version before installing this test version.. still working on a bunch of other additions before this hits the repo