PDA

View Full Version : Had to restar KODI to get EPG guide to update today

ljhookem14
03-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Running KODI Jarvis and also old school PVR.Stalker (not PVR.StalkerNFPS) as if it's not broke don't fix it right??

Well, my guide has been updating great with the new EPG Updater (1.0.5) and for some reason I had to restart KODI to get the guide to update.

ljhookem14
03-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Having to restart again today. Guide is running out today depending on channels between somewhere 5-9pm today.

Going to have to restart again today to get the GUIDE to update.

I have my configuration set to "PREFER XMLTV"...should I just change to XMLTV ONLY?

Update:
1) Restarted and it says EPG to update 3/8/2016 at 2am. Everything populated on the guide.

2) Most all the guide has the genre set to "other unknown" and it's highlighted in gray. I'd say about 90% of guide is showing in gray.

3) Wish every 72-hours I didn't have to restart my Shield but if that's the case, then so be it.

kens
03-07-2016, 09:09 PM
In Settings/TV/ there is a radiobutton for " Dont update guide during Playback" or something like that. That may be your problem if you are always on channel.

ilan
03-07-2016, 09:39 PM
Yes, set Guide Preference to XMLTV Only...

ljhookem14
03-08-2016, 01:52 PM

I've had it set to prefer XMLTV and never had the issue until recently but I'll give it a go and see if that fixes the guide genres and populates some channels that are blank.

ljhookem14
03-08-2016, 02:05 PM

Made the change to XMLTV only and still the guide is in all grey with genre: other/unknown. Also I'm missing data from about 10-15% of the channels.

I may start a new thread to see if Dara or psycon will answer.